Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

paint ball in the olimpics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Poll Question: Should paintballing be an olimpic sport?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
114 [60.00%]
1 [0.53%]
51 [26.84%]
17 [8.95%]
7 [3.68%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Gold Member
Gold Member
Dear Penthouse....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote travis75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 10:37pm
Curling is teh best!
Hey MPAA, Guess what?

09 f9 11 02 9d 74 e3 5b d8 41 56 c5 63 56 88 c0!
rockerdoode View Drop Down

one strike, flaming 7/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockerdoode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 11:24pm
umm, does anyone know of a address we can e-mail to get paintball on the X-Games? cause i think if everyone on this forum e-mailed them they might consider it...
"According to Sue Johanson, theres nothing that can increase your manhood, trust me I've already looked into it for myself." -Zata
Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 11:34pm

Originally posted by travis75 travis75 wrote:

Curling is teh best!

right after speed walking

Sammy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2004 at 2:01am
It shouldnt, becuase then to many people would get interested in it for the wrong reasons. Lets keep paintball where it is, or atleast go the Xgames first, then after a while maybe the Olympics.
brycef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brycef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2004 at 10:49am

1.... curling is hard.... have u guys ever played it? i guess not..., in curling its all about wight spin bounce setting up a guard, getting behind their guard, doing triple bounces into the midlle..... its hard

seems easy when ur just like.... yeah curling sucks, anyone can thrown a rock down teh ice....

Jesus- the way to go.
planning to get ion
BigD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2004 at 8:30pm
I would love to have paintball in the olympics. but because of people upgrading their guns different it probably won't be allowed. Out of all the events that I can think of the athletes use the same kind of item, like a shotput or discus. so that's a consistent factor and the only thing to be determined is the skill of the athlete. All paintball guns function differently so the player's skill may or may not be determined.
Tippmann 98 Custom
J&J Ceramic 14 in.
VL Revolution w/ X-board
Rufus Dawg Double Trigger
Drop forward
Rocket Cock II
Vert. Adapter
DOP X-Core
DYE Sticky Grips
Dye Invision
ncbbh88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncbbh88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2004 at 7:24pm
but what about hockey   soccer ? they all have different equipment     the gun dosent make the player

http://somersgoalie53.MyPicGallery.com
jmac3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Official Box Hoister

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmac3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2004 at 7:47pm

Originally posted by ncbbh88 ncbbh88 wrote:

but what about hockey   soccer ? they all have different equipment     the gun dosent make the player

Regulation sticks I am sure(Though I do not know for certain). Regulation puck. Regulation Net.

Uniforms are different yes.

Que pasa?

PaintBsniper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintBsniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2004 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by jmac3 jmac3 wrote:

Regulation sticks I am sure(Though I do not know for certain). Regulation puck. Regulation Net.

Uniforms are different yes.

their shoes or skates are different and Im pretty sure hockey players use their own sticks and jmac is right you can be a newb and have some tricked out gun but you wont be able to beat a pro with a

-200$ gun running on co2.

I dont care what you say there are snipers in paintball
ncbbh88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncbbh88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2004 at 3:04pm

im a hockey player the only regulation is that you are wearing certian equipment i.e helmet with mask mouth guard neck guard cup gloves pants shoulder pads elbow pads shinpads skates and have a stick   all of them must be certified but besides that you can have whatever brand you choose in any material just look at one of the stores online   there are hundreds of thousands of types of sticks skates ect.

in paintball you can set the same guidelines   pants mask harness   gun with hopper tank and a regulation on barrel size limt and velocity setting mabey paint     its not like it's a farfetched idea to have pb in the olympics just a few small guidelines need to be set like in any other sport

unfortunatley i dont think woodsball could have a place in the olympics unless the teams from each country were comprised of military personel so uniforms would be clearly different  but then each country could use an A-5 with different opsgear mods on it   russian team Ak-47 mod    u.s m4ai/m16 203 mod?

Edited by ncbbh88

BigD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2004 at 11:36am

most of the stuff is exactly the same. some of the stuff has little differences. but playing a cheap spyder gun against an angel (or some other high end gun) is really not fair. plus the teams supply the equipment in other sports.

Don't get me wrong, it would be great to see paintball in the olympics, it's just that I don't see why they'd allow it.

Tippmann 98 Custom
J&J Ceramic 14 in.
VL Revolution w/ X-board
Rufus Dawg Double Trigger
Drop forward
Rocket Cock II
Vert. Adapter
DOP X-Core
DYE Sticky Grips
Dye Invision
Hairball!!! View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Strike #4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hairball!!! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2004 at 12:04pm
I don't think paintball is quite widespread enough internationally to be added to the Olympics. US would dominate.

However, I'd love to see paintball in the XGames.
fdupnct View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fdupnct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2004 at 6:29pm

Whats all this talk about cheating, Like a friend said "wiping off the paint isn't cheating, I just want to keep my jersey clean"

Seriously tho, aside from paintball I also train in Mixed Martial Arts and as far as getting the sport mainstream it is having the same problems.  The general view is that is too violent and reckless streetfights with no rules (which it's neither), so it hasn't gone mainstream.  The only way to watch it (the UFC or PRIDE) is on Pay-Per-View which sucks because you have to pay.  Basically if the general public sees it in any negative light its going to be tough to get it on any TV and mainstream.

Team Ball-Breakers

Amphibious Assault - 8/28 & 8/29

I am Swamp Thing
red_alert204 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red_alert204 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2004 at 7:13pm

well its time to pwn some people

first off, curling takes alot of skill.  If u ever wacthed it they just do sweep ice they do it very fast and in certain directions, not everyone can sweep ice to make a gaint puck move directions.  I know i certianly cant.

The reason football isnt it is not in it, is not because no one would wacth it, simply footballt takes to long.  In the season they dont take week breaks for fun, in a game u give it all and hurt yourself so much that u need a week to recover, and if they had all the countries by the time there half way done the olympics are over.

Paintball is not dying out dude, there are plenty of well made expensive markers, ever here of angels, bushmaster, most cockers and plenty of other guns.  Some are cheap others arnet.  You just sound like your mad that the guns are to fast.  After 30 years and its still growing i doubt it would die out cause of a few cheap guns.  cough sp guns cough

Paintball is NOT ready for the olympics for some simple reasons.

1.  In other sports players yell out at each other, but u dont see baseball players throwing there bat on the ground and throwing a little temper tamtrome(sp?) every time they strick out.  Pro Paintballl's are little babies and they need to be more mature before the sport is even close to olympic ready.

2. Also cheating is very rampant in paintball.  First off they need to get the guns to stop bounceing and everything, they need to regualte the guns and what i mean by that is the team gives the nppl for expample three sets of guns a main one and 2 backups.  Then the nppl checks it for bounce and once its elimated the nppl holds on to the guns and lock them so that the "babies" cant mess around with them.  After they do something like that were almost there.

They have to get rip of wipping and i know how to solve it.  You add more refs but also tons of cameras postioned around the field, that send it to a room with peopel wacthing it and when a player wipes they tell the ref to pull them.  After that and once paintball ages a little bit it will be ready for the olympics.

Red Proto Matrix
Black Check It Uni Mount
ncbbh88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncbbh88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2004 at 7:31pm
in the olympics or x-games there would be thousands of spectators and hundreds of cameras on it   (jus look how many cameras they have for driving only) so cheating would not be as easy   and i personally think it would draw a whole new audiance to the olympics giving them bigger turnouts and followings

PaintBsniper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintBsniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2004 at 3:43pm
If they can see who won the 100 meter dash by 0.032 of a secound I think they would be able to see someone wipe off a splatter mark. I also doubt someone would want to even try cheating in front of the entire world lets face it if someone had you on camera that you know others would see you would try to act your best.
I dont care what you say there are snipers in paintball
PBinfonater View Drop Down

Strike 1: Disrespectful Behavior H-25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PBinfonater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2004 at 8:50pm
all right i have had this discussion many times and for a sport to become and olympic event it has to meet many requierment one being it has to be played in over 50 countries and on atleast 3 contients and etc.... and yea paintball meets all these requirments but when it comes down to it paintball cant be in the olympics because it fails one requiremnt a head organization of paintball, which it doesnt have like footbal hockey baseball etc... all have a head organization wich is god it makes rules and even can ban players from the sport if there coaght breakin the rules, so with out a doubt paintball is close to the olympics if someone would just establish a organization with judges and such then paintball would be a shoe in but till then no olympics 
There is no "I" in "Team", but there sure is a "Me".
Tippmann A-5
RT
Flatline
Chrome Bullet drop with on/off
Male Palmer
Internal Polish
Stainless Steel kit
Airhead67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airhead67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2004 at 1:04pm

that would be cool, id watch, it would be more interesting then anything else there is in the Olimpics right now

I get top, only if i get bottom
VTpaintballer View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Strike 2 - Flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VTpaintballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2004 at 2:12pm

Originally posted by NMLvaio NMLvaio wrote:

I made a topic like this long time ago in the past

But you didn't post it during the olympics

nforcer4 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

BANNED

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nforcer4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2004 at 6:07pm

just watch NPPL  

(dunno if anyone said it just skipped threw)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic