Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

paint ball in the olimpics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Poll Question: Should paintballing be an olimpic sport?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
114 [60.00%]
1 [0.53%]
51 [26.84%]
17 [8.95%]
7 [3.68%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Guested: Graphic sexual content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dino killer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: paint ball in the olimpics
    Posted: 27 July 2004 at 6:12pm
i realy think this should be an olimpic sport realy it takes tons of skill plenty of teamwork and GUTS dont forget smarts!
You dont whant to play my team unles of course you can endure the sting of paint
garrett5 View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Stupidity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garrett5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 6:16pm
yea that would be kind of cool. they could like make a team usa and a team switzerland.something like that
http://garrett5.conforums3.com/index.cgi join or die

NMLvaio View Drop Down
Guested - Spamming w/ new name

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NMLvaio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 10:21pm
I made a topic like this long time ago in the past

Smitty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Murdock ... I’m comin’ ta get YOU!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 10:40pm
it'd be okay but i dont like the olympics that much(i dont watch them anyway).
Blue Hopper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2004 at 11:09pm

That be pretty tight. If you watch late night poker you'd know that they're trying to get poker in the olympics so why not p-ball.

Notice:
The views exspressed in this post do not represent that of the Tippmann Company or the Paintball community but solely the individual who type it.
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 1:25am
I rather watch poker than paintball in the Olympics.....I can use some of their techniques in winning all that $$$$$$$ 
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
ravepb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ravepb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 2:05pm
They have like 30,000 different types of swimming and some are just jumping off a really high platform. Paintball takes way more skill than just jumping off stuff.
Tippmann A-5
E-Grip
Black to blue fade paint
Polished Interns
JCS Duel trigger
14" CP black barrel
Flame on/off drop
91ci/4500psi System X HPA
Spring mods
Pimp fund $140/$850
ncbbh88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncbbh88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 5:57pm
as soon as they started it someone would mess it up some how   with steroids or stuff but i think it would rock     and it does take more skill that curling  ( i cant belive thats a sport )

http://somersgoalie53.MyPicGallery.com
A-5_Ace View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5_Ace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 6:24pm
i don't think curling is even watched during the olympics, that must be the worst day ratings wise for the olympics, at least paintball would attract some new fans, and get new people to try the sport.
Blue Hopper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 6:36pm

Yeah it would be pretty tight

but how many counties play paintball anyways.

Notice:
The views exspressed in this post do not represent that of the Tippmann Company or the Paintball community but solely the individual who type it.
Bomber Brigade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bomber Brigade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 6:42pm
Go team usa!
Semper Durus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Semper Durus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 7:02pm

No. 1 key in the Olympics= world wide appeal.

Edited by Semper Durus
I don't have a sig anymore
ncbbh88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncbbh88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 7:38pm

Originally posted by Bomber Brigade Bomber Brigade wrote:

Go team usa!

that with his avatar would scare the rest away

Belt #2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - Drug use thread

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Belt #2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 8:52pm

Originally posted by ravepb ravepb wrote:

They have like 30,000 different types of swimming and some are just jumping off a really high platform. Paintball takes way more skill than just jumping off stuff.

No... it doesn't....

Paintball is easy compared to professional/olympic diving... WAY easier...

If you don't believe me you really don't have too much common sense, and should not be allowed a set of vocal cords...

Balance, speed, agility, timing, not landing on your back and breaking your neck, looking good in a swiming suit thingie (ESPECIALLY for the girls)... These are all skills you will need to master before you can dive professionally.

Now, what does paintball require? Get your gun out, screw in the tank, put the hopper on, load it, point, and shoot...

Which one sounds easier?

Most importantly - People suck.
ncbbh88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncbbh88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 7:19am
uhh i dunno what kind of paintball u play but balance speed timing agility   are used every second in paintball    and remember you jersey gloves pants shoes mask ang gun must match for style points or you will be disqualified

dino killer View Drop Down
Guested: Graphic sexual content

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dino killer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 8:04am
Originally posted by Belt #2 Belt #2 wrote:

Originally posted by ravepb ravepb wrote:

No... it doesn't....

Paintball is easy compared to professional/olympic diving... WAY easier...

If you don't believe me you really don't have too much common sense, and should not be allowed a set of vocal cords...

Balance, speed, agility, timing, not landing on your back and breaking your neck, looking good in a swiming suit thingie (ESPECIALLY for the girls)... These are all skills you will need to master before you can dive professionally.

Now, what does paintball require? Get your gun out, screw in the tank, put the hopper on, load it, point, and shoot...

Which one sounds easier?

who cares the point is it still takes much more skill than curling and its a diferent kind of skill just like hockey is diferent than basketball swimming is diferent than paintballing

You dont whant to play my team unles of course you can endure the sting of paint
ncbbh88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncbbh88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 10:18am
yeah

warmonger83 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warmonger83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 4:13pm
with the curent state that professional paintball is at, paintball in the Olympics would be a huge blow to the sport.

There are just too many loose cannons on the professional circut that throw their guns everytime they get hit, spouting a line of words that would make a sailor blush in the process... not to mention all the cheating. I truely believe that paintball is not ready for TV coverage either. But hey, what do i know... im just a responsable adult that has followed the sport for 5 years and played for 2.
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!!!
PaintBsniper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintBsniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 7:03pm

Originally posted by warmonger83 warmonger83 wrote:

with the curent state that professional paintball is at, paintball in the Olympics would be a huge blow to the sport.

There are just too many loose cannons on the professional circut that throw their guns everytime they get hit, spouting a line of words that would make a sailor blush in the process... not to mention all the cheating. I truely believe that paintball is not ready for TV coverage either. But hey, what do i know... im just a responsable adult that has followed the sport for 5 years and played for 2.

Just because some players do that does not mean that all over the world a majority of paintball players act that imature. In all my years of playing  i have never seen anyone through there gun at another player. True there are a few cheaters and some people like to insult other players when they are tagged out but a moajority of all paintball players obey the rules and try to get more and more people into the sport. Bringing paintball into the olympics would make the sport grow considerably because I know some people at work that have no clue what paintball is. If you broadcast a paintball game all over the earth people will become intrested and will try the sport out.

TiPP*MaNN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TiPP*MaNN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 9:40pm

no......it  would be cool but no,wut would the rest of the world think of making paintball an olympic sport, it may be big in our lives but some ppl havent even heard of paintball, or even know anything about it, we are a small population in the world,think about like ur biology teacher, would he like to watch paintball? alot of ppl think paintball is to violent and warlike,teaching ppl to be violent, i completely disagree but they are a large percentage of the world.

ok enough reality talk, think about all the sponsers in it and stuff, it would realy make paintball alot more popular,that would be pretty cool.

PRo/CaRBiNe
12 in. J&J ceramic barrel
2in. shocktech stubby drop
adco hotshot electronic sight
dye econo sticky grips
lightened trigger pull

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic