Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Worst news story this year, IMO.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Worst news story this year, IMO.
    Posted: 28 July 2004 at 11:01am
Read it yourself:

Driver Tells Troopers of Terror Plans

LESLIE PARRILLA

Associated Press

DES MOINES, Iowa - A driver stopped on an Iowa highway this month was found with flight-training manuals, Arabic documents and night-vision goggles, and he told troopers he knew of terrorist plans to shoot up trains in San Diego, according to court papers.

Michael Wagner, 44, of San Diego, said he had knowledge of terrorist activities and people and groups tied to al-Qaida and the Taliban. Wagner also said that he knew about things in the Muslim communities in San Diego that would interest federal authorities.

Federal prosecutors declined to comment on the case, and it was not immediately known whether they were able to corroborate his claims or determine his motivation for carrying the manuals and documents.

Wagner pleaded innocent Tuesday in U.S. District Court to being a felon in possession of body armor and weapons.

A state trooper stopped the sport utility vehicle Wagner was driving on July 14 after the trooper noticed he was not wearing a seat belt. Wagner told the officer he had no identification and gave a false name. The vehicle license number was "su**edited**ious," court documents said.

The officer called a canine unit to search the SUV and found flight-training manuals, flight-training software, three bulletproof vests, night-vision goggles, a night-vision scope for a rifle, a telescope, a 9mm semiautomatic pistol, a bag of ammunition and marijuana residue in the ashtray.

Also found in the vehicle were numerous pages of literature and documents with Arabic printing, court papers said.

Some of the items were hidden inside a hollowed-out computer hard drive, the papers said.

Wagner told police that the vests were for his children for protection after Sept. 11 and that the night-vision goggles belonged to his son, who was a paintball enthusiast.

Passenger Linda Maguire, who said she had been living with Wagner for 12 to 13 years, told police the gun was hers. She said she and Wagner were driving to Wagner's parents' home in Cleveland.

Wagner was convicted in California in 1988 of lewd and lascivious acts with a child under 14, court documents said. He was being held without bail.

------------------------------------------------------------ -
Reason why I was not happy to read this article.

#1. I have a place in the San Deigo area.
#2. I sometimes ride the trains.
#3. I board and ride trains at night.

#4.
Originally posted by News Article News Article wrote:

Wagner was convicted in California in 1988 of lewd and lascivious acts with a child under 14, court documents said.

Why was he released from prison, sick dirty man?

#5. Once again they had to link the article to paintball. I did not even notice until my 5th reading.

The Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Stupidity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The  Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 11:06am
Ok that's sorta creepy my name is Michael Wagner I'm not kidding.

That story is kinda scary.

Edited by The Man
Cp
critical
Bob Long
Lengens painball park

Team Rendition
MSG.Mobius View Drop Down
Strike 1, "S-Bomb" & More (F18)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSG.Mobius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 11:07am
I noticed right away, I don't think this offends paintball in any way.

Coming in May 2005!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSG.Mobius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 11:07am

Originally posted by The Man The Man wrote:

Ok that's sorta creepy my name is Michael Wagner I'm not kidding.

That's messed up kinda scary.

Are you an arabian terrorist, if so, that would explain lot's of things.

Coming in May 2005!
The Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Stupidity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The  Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 11:10am
LOL

Heck no.

Edited by The Man
Cp
critical
Bob Long
Lengens painball park

Team Rendition
EYES View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More pansy and liberal and commie than U

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EYES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 11:17am

Freaky.

He's probably just some nut though.

WUNgUN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
100% Bonafied Jar Head

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WUNgUN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 11:54am
Odd...
[IMG]http://hometown.aol.com/hlwrangler/myhomepage/revised5_copy.jpg">
""...the Marines we have there now could crush the city and be done with business in four days."--LtGen Conway on Fallujah
paintballaluke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballaluke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 11:57am

Hades do you still plan to ride the trains?

New Black Matrix.
spaulding View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spaulding Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 11:57am
hey i live in sd.... oh well i odnt ride the trains, isnt michael wagner kind of a weird name for someone that chills with terrorists?
matt06 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 12:00pm
lol...the censor edited out the word suspi cious...
bravecoward View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
oxymoran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bravecoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 12:30pm
what was the paintball article?
ItsJustMe View Drop Down
Suicide by mod.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ItsJustMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 12:33pm
su**edited**ious

hahahaha they edited that out. funny stuff.
<Replaced gigantormous sig with strike, good trade.>
bravecoward View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
oxymoran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bravecoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 12:37pm
thats weird

Edited by bravecoward

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSG.Mobius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 12:39pm

Terrorists are lame.

Edited by MSG.Mobius

Coming in May 2005!
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I’ll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by MSG.Mobius MSG.Mobius wrote:

Terrorists are lame.

xzTippmannA5xz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xzTippmannA5xz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 1:03pm
Terrorists are weak.
Caution: Barrel plugs are dangerous.

My Setup
Tippmann A-5
Response Trigger
32Degrees Ice Cold Barrel
ImpyKing2 View Drop Down

Guested - Cannot follow any rules

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImpyKing2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 1:07pm

Find out everything you can about him and his fellow screwballs then BURN HIM!

(I'm a nob with no clue about almost anything...)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSG.Mobius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by ImpyKing2 ImpyKing2 wrote:

Find out everything you can about him and his fellow screwballs then BURN HIM!

Invite him to play Paintball with you and then turn up your velocity to max and use forzen paintballs and if that doesnt kill him, use pepperballs until he chokes to death.

Coming in May 2005!
ImpyKing2 View Drop Down

Guested - Cannot follow any rules

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImpyKing2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 5:48pm

Originally posted by MSG.Mobius MSG.Mobius wrote:

Invite him to play Paintball with you and then turn up your velocity to max and use forzen paintballs and if that doesnt kill him, use pepperballs until he chokes to death.

Yea or I could do that. But I'll wait until I get my DM4 so I can unload a hundred million paintballs on him in like 2 seconds.  

(I'm a nob with no clue about almost anything...)
Hades View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2004 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by paintballaluke paintballaluke wrote:

<SPAN =bold>

Hades do you still plan to ride the trains?

</SPAN>

Yup, I will just be on a more alert state. Good thing I watched Under Siege 2.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic