Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Spare Co2 Adaptor

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infected being Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spare Co2 Adaptor
    Posted: 29 July 2004 at 4:14pm
I searched, and found nothing on this other than a post of mine in a thread about mounting multiple tanks, but if this is already a topic, deleted be this thread.

Anyway, have you (If you use Co2) run out in game, and gotten bunkered because you couldn't change tanks fast enough?? (Happened to me in a tournament...) Well, I thought of a 12-gram system that you simply flip a valve to use... No unscrewing of tanks, in case you run out of air in the wrong time...

The system works like this... Get a 1/8" 90* elbow, a 1/8" on/off ball valve (Available from shocktech), a 1/8" to C/A adaptor, and a 12-gram adaptor, the kind that allow you to use a 12-gram in a C/A adaptor... Put it together with a little Teflon tape, and fit it so that the elbow goes into a spare 1/8" NPT port (My Spyder has one on it's underside) and the rest  of our little contraption runs in a straight line in which ever direction you decide. Just make sure the 12-gram adaptor ends up at the rear of this monstrosity...

Then, when you run out of air in a tight spot, flip the on/off valve to open, and use the few shots wisely.

This may or may not work... I thought of it in five minutes... also, you could use a 3.5 Oz. Co2 tank, or a prefilled 4 Oz... I was just going for a small, light, and sleek design.

I'm going to try it as soon as I get a little spare money, unless any on ye'all point out that it won't work. If it has been done by anyone that you know of, could you tell me?

Criticize my idea away... It may help me think of a new design...

*Edit* If I do this and all, I will put up pics... For now, can anyone point me to where I can get a 12-gram adaptor, the kind that allow you to use it in a C/A adaptor?

Edited by infected being
warmonger83 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warmonger83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 4:29pm
there is a way to attach 2 tanks to 1 gun, i forget where i saw it (probably here) but it didnt have the valve to switch between the 2 tanks
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!!!
infected being View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infected being Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 4:36pm
I saw a few ways to attach two tanks on this site, but a spare-air-in-the-case-that-you-run-out-under-fire idea is what I was thinking. Like I said, small, light, and sleek.

P.S. Sorry my description for assembling was terrible...

Edited by infected being
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 7:30pm

http://makeashorterlink.com/?H25265EE8

12g adapter

Edited by Enos Shenk
Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 7:41pm
Yeah you hook a remote line to your gun, and get some sort of T-shape valve thing, it's pretty big, and it has 2 connections, one for each tank. i saw one a few days ago.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infected being Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 8:06pm
Thanks for that link! I shall put this together soon...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infected being Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 12:19am
Come on, people. Post your likes/dislikes about the idea. Tell me what should be changed. I think it'll work as is, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

*Edit* I also need to know where the cheapest 1/8" NPT to C/A Adaptor (Verticle adaptor) can be found.. i have found alot, but all for around $20, and that sounds really high to me...

Edited by infected being
Figment #99 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Wants to grow up to be Figment #100

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Figment #99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 12:31am
It would be kinda funny if you blow yourself up. IMO...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infected being Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 1:40am
Well, I've almost managed that before... I think dying of 12 grams of Co2 would be fun...
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 3:27am
I would hate to see the funeral bill when you kick the bucket from blowin yerself....
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
Tippyguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 4:15pm

good idea it would probably work

TiPP*MaNN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TiPP*MaNN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 7:17pm

Originally posted by infected being infected being wrote:

Well, I've almost managed that before... I think dying of 12 grams of Co2 would be fun...

thats how i wanna go..........

PRo/CaRBiNe
12 in. J&J ceramic barrel
2in. shocktech stubby drop
adco hotshot electronic sight
dye econo sticky grips
lightened trigger pull

Chris_paintball View Drop Down
Guested: Flaming, terminal immaturity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris_paintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 7:22pm

IM COMIN FOR JOHNNY!!!!!!!!!!

<Removed YET ANOTHER "bunker kid" 500kb sig. READ THE RULES!!!!!!!!>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infected being Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 10:32pm
I found all the parts that I would use.. Note that I use a 'Street T Fitting' because I have a guage that I wish to mount...

Qty.|  Fitting
1----1/8 On Off Valve fem-fem Heavy Duty
1----PPS ASA adp.
1----1/8 NPT Street T
2----1/8 NPT Female Female 90
1----CCI 12 gram changer

T O T A L S
Sub Total $59.10

I got this all at http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/catalog/fittings.htm . Shipping is like $7.00... I just gotta wait 'till meh dad gives me the money he owes me...

Also, the 'Street T Fitting' thingy could be used to mount two tanks, if you took the 1/8" to C/A adaptor off two remotes and screwed them directly into it...

Any suggestions would be great right now.

Edited by infected being
peglegjeff321 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peglegjeff321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 12:30am
get a remote line, harness, 2 20 oz. tanks, some more hose, t joint, on/off valve, and a little imagination and persistance and u will never run out of air again
my gun:
tippmann 98custom
custom paint job
polished internals
12oz 14oz 20oz 20oz
aci coiled remote
smart parts progressive 14 in.
soon to come:
rt
q-loader
hpa

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infected being Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2004 at 12:41am
As I have said before, my goals are small, light, and sleek... I may need to add functioning to this, too... If I wanted to add 2 tanks, I would. But the cost of that is high... I'm on a very tight budget... Barely paying for this...  I could add one of those prefilled 3.5 Oz. disposable Co2 things, if I needed more than 12 grams, too.
patrick View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Walking Dead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 2:08am
i bet you'd love an AGD six pak....

linky linky

or a micro-ca

linky linky again

Edited by patrick

warmonger83 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warmonger83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 2:30am
heh, clip loaded powerlets... wouldnt mind adding that to my paintball collection
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!!!
patrick View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Walking Dead

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by warmonger83 warmonger83 wrote:

heh, clip loaded powerlets... wouldnt mind adding that to my paintball collection

good luck. in good condition they sell for about the same price as an emag : )

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infected being Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2004 at 12:47am
I liked the micro-CA... They probably sell for the price of my gun, though.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic