Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > New Player Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

new player

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Scorpion_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new player
    Posted: 29 July 2004 at 7:03pm

I have played one game and I loved it so I'm going to get a gun, but what kind should I get?  I also want some good upgrades, but I don't have that much money. Thanks.

To err is human, to forgive, divine.
        -William Shakespeare
Smitty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Murdock ... I’m comin’ ta get YOU!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 7:13pm
get the 98c. it's very upgradeable. then get as an upgrade a barrel. get something like the 12" Lapco Bigshot. it's about $50. or for 50 i would go out and get the double trigger for about $20 and get the 12" J+J Ceramic that's just about as good, but $20 cheaper. it costs $30. so i'd personally go for the 12" J+J Ceramic  for 30 and the double trigger for about 15 - 20. welcome to the forums!!
NMLvaio View Drop Down
Guested - Spamming w/ new name

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NMLvaio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 7:18pm
or get the pro carbine, but the 98c is great like what Smitty, What type of game did you played

sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 8:45pm
Yeah, 98c all the way. That is unless you plan on being a speedballer. Don't get me wrong, the 98c can be used in speedball, buut there are much nicer guns for that type of play. If you want something durable and reliable, then the 98c is for you. My friend ran his over with his car and it still preforms 100%. Totally upgradeable, and a great beginner gun. Welcome and Enjoy the forums _Scorpion_ .
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 9:36pm

Well New Player, you can begin by goin here www.pbreview.com and look fer the marker and the accessories that will fit yer budget and Welcome to the Forum

Do not steal....the government hates competition!
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I’ll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2004 at 9:55pm
Well what do you need it for?   Woodsball or Speedball?
Blue Hopper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Hopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 2:03am
if you look on Pbreview watch out for sour posts alot of people on there are mentally challenged. I have a 98 custom and I like it pretty well. Also watch out when buying guns from Walmart.
Notice:
The views exspressed in this post do not represent that of the Tippmann Company or the Paintball community but solely the individual who type it.
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 2:07am
Walmart would be the last place fer a recommendation to purchase a marker and the accessories.
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
Q(*.*Q) View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Q(*.*Q) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 2:58am
go pro/carbine yo. btw im crimp. i just saw this name and thought it was awsome and stole it before anyone else could
yo yo yo
NMLvaio View Drop Down
Guested - Spamming w/ new name

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NMLvaio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 3:14am
Originally posted by Q(*.*Q) Q(*.*Q) wrote:

go pro/carbine yo. btw im crimp. i just saw this name and thought it was awsome and stole it before anyone else could
o.k. and Why should I ask?

Justice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Sexual slurs 5/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 6:36am

If your going to play you might as well get the best woods gun out there. The Tippmann A-5!

-JUSTICE
Outkast Myspace
MrKilla5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrKilla5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 9:05am
Tippmann A-5 is the best...
tyranny View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tyranny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 9:12am
Originally posted by MrKilla5 MrKilla5 wrote:

Tippmann A-5 is the best...
MetallicaESPa5 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Doors Of Perception

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MetallicaESPa5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 9:32am
Originally posted by Panda Man Panda Man wrote:

Well what do you need it for?   Woodsball or Speedball?

Insomnia_CJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Insomnia_CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 9:47am

You should go to your local proshop for one.

You might want to think about holding and shooting a 98 or A-5, maybe even a Spyder Pilot. Just choose whats in your personal reference, most of the guys on here will say 98 or A-5 w/o even asking what you play or anything

sniper team View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sniper team Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 10:27am
98 flatline
_Scorpion_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Scorpion_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 10:39am
Thanks everyone, but I think the A-5 is way to much money for me even though it's wicked awesome.  I'll probably get the 98c.
To err is human, to forgive, divine.
        -William Shakespeare
A4*Jyim* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A4*Jyim* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 11:18am
RT tippmann 98 custom , E-Grip A-5

Team GodLike
Only God Will Judge Us....
PEVS PAINTBALL

~*JYim*~
paintball duck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintball duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2004 at 12:19pm
heres what you do(and you get a lot of money from it) you have to sell stuff on ebay. thats what i did. man i sold so much stuff and now im running out o well ill have to go through my grage.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic