Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > New Player Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Another stupid hopper question....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote One Eye Dead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another stupid hopper question....
    Posted: 01 August 2004 at 2:11am

If Im never going to shoot more than 3 - 5 bps should I buy a motorized hopper If so should I just get like a Quantum or something?

<Death to overlarge sig, read the rules.>
warmonger83 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warmonger83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 2:33am
i can shoot up to 9bps with a grav hopper on my centerfeed pirhana and it works fine... but i guess it all depends on the gun...

it couldnt hurt
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!!!
Notorious Bob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Notorious Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 6:57am
DON'T GET THE QUATINUM...I tryed that out once, it never stops spinning and actully pushes balls away from the feedneck.
S\/\/4T-L()G4N View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Anybody in the town wanna bounce around?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote S\/\/4T-L()G4N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 7:02am
Originally posted by Notorious Bob Notorious Bob wrote:

DON'T GET THE QUATINUM...I tryed that out once, it never stops spinning and actully pushes balls away from the feedneck.

You didn't know that when you bought it?

I love those people who review it, and they sit there and talk bad about how noisy it is and how it spins all the time. If you did any research at all, you would know that it does that AND that 95% of people don't like it.
One Eye Dead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote One Eye Dead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 8:35am
I'd heard that it was loud and continuos but I'll be giving away my position with each shot anyways so I thought maybe turn it on only when I HAVE to you know like when your mom yells for 45 mins for you to take out the trash

Edited by One Eye Dead
<Death to overlarge sig, read the rules.>
Notorious Bob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Notorious Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 8:41am

Originally posted by S\/\/4T-L()G4N S\/\/4T-L()G4N wrote:

Originally posted by Notorious Bob Notorious Bob wrote:

You didn't know that when you bought it?

I love those people who review it, and they sit there and talk bad about how noisy it is and how it spins all the time. If you did any research at all, you would know that it does that AND that 95% of people don't like it.

I tryed it, my brother got it in a Prodegy power pack.  And so I'm sitting and talking bad about it.  I'm warning him that the hopper is junk.  Sure people know that when they buy it, I'm just warning people against it.

¤ RaVeN ¤ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ¤ RaVeN ¤ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 9:09am
if your not going to shoot fast you dont need anything more then a grav feed, but if you want a motorized then ither go big or dont go at all, i recomend a halo b with a rip dive or if you want to stay away from electro get a 500 rounds set q loader        www.qloader.com

ions are like mustangs...alot of people have them but not many know how to use them...
plax_are_meth View Drop Down
Official Forum Frenchman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plax_are_meth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 9:46am

Originally posted by warmonger83 warmonger83 wrote:

i can shoot up to 9bps with a grav hopper on my centerfeed pirhana and it works fine... but i guess it all depends on the gun...

it couldnt hurt

i would love to see a mech gun pull 9bps. unless its elec. post a vid in the marker gallery.

and u might as well get a revvy just in case if u ever feel the need to get ur gun shooting faster. even if ur shooting 3-5bps, grav hoppers sumtimes dont load cause sumtimes paintballs dont go into the feed tube so at least with a revvy there wont be jamming. (safety precautions)

Justice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Sexual slurs 5/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 9:53am
I wouldnt think you need anything more than a gravity feed. If you really want an electric, maybe a rickochet (spelling)

-JUSTICE
Outkast Myspace
prolitesniper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - Language 5/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prolitesniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 10:10am
NEVER EVER get a quantem loader they suck
Tippmann A5
RT
16in J&J Ceramic
14in linear smartparts
New BT Apex Barrel
45ci 3000psi Nitro System
blade trigger
4+1pack
MetallicaESPa5 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Doors Of Perception

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MetallicaESPa5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 10:11am
get a revy. in the future if you get a r/t, or a eblot, then it will be worth it.

TiPP*MaNN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TiPP*MaNN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 10:15am
ur shooting 3-5, wuth a 98c,and a lightened trigger pull? i get 6 with my carbine and its probly about the equivelent(a little heavier) pull of a stock 98, so u should be getting more than me. and how fast can a gratity fed hopper shoot on a tippmann?
PRo/CaRBiNe
12 in. J&J ceramic barrel
2in. shocktech stubby drop
adco hotshot electronic sight
dye econo sticky grips
lightened trigger pull

Smitty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Murdock ... I’m comin’ ta get YOU!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 10:17am
you dont need one. the gravity hopper will keep up with you. im guessing that you're going to be playing woodsball? probably. and the gravity hopper works fine for being able to go up to ~ 10 bps. stick with the gravity hopper.
ncbbh88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncbbh88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 10:20am
go to e-bay and get a motorized hopper real cheap ive seen halo b loader go for 20 $  so u can get a real good deal    or get a vl 12volt revie theyt are relativly cheap

http://somersgoalie53.MyPicGallery.com
TiPP*MaNN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TiPP*MaNN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 10:27am
realy ten bps on a gravity feed? wow, i thiugh it was around eight, but wut do i know, never gonna shoot that fast anyways
PRo/CaRBiNe
12 in. J&J ceramic barrel
2in. shocktech stubby drop
adco hotshot electronic sight
dye econo sticky grips
lightened trigger pull

Shadowminion View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Language, 3/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadowminion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 10:27am

I would recommend an electric hopper , just for the sake of not having balls "Bridge" on you . I dont know how many times I had to stop shooting (blanks ) and rattle my gravity hopper to get balls in the feedneck again , that SUX !!

I have used the Revvy with Xboard (12 BPS ) $60.00, and Ricochet Apache (18-20 BPS) $90.00 . for a straight up ,no frills electric hopper , the Empire reloader ,or the Revoloution (both Brass Eagle products ) are pretty good . Jury is still out on the Apache tho , I just got it last week ..

SL68-II , micro honed and polished .688" bore . Tuff Enuf .
Widowmaker , under construction
ncbbh88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncbbh88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 10:31am
aw heck just get an A-5 if u like the tippmann feel   you can never outshoot your gun and if a ball gets jamed the cyclone feed will stop feeding

http://somersgoalie53.MyPicGallery.com
BlackDeath7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackDeath7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 11:20am

as long as your gun is only semi-auto, you don't need an electric hopper unless you have a double trigger and can shoot more than like 7 bps which isn't uncommon.  so just stick with a gravity one for now

Brett Favre gets sacked again.
plax_are_meth View Drop Down
Official Forum Frenchman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plax_are_meth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 12:40pm
no grav hopper has a known feed rate due to paintballs jamming or "bridging" in the feed tube. but a known fact is no grav hopper can keep up to past 6bps. ur gonna have to shake it everytime u go trigger happy. invest in a revvy, there not as fast as the other GOOD elec hoppers but i use a revvy on my spyder and autocockers and i only jammed once with my outkast due to bad timing.
98c-Ownage View Drop Down
Guested: Egregious spamming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98c-Ownage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2004 at 1:34pm
getta q-loader anyone against that p-m me cause i'm going to get it and i want to know the cons of it
98c
Flatline
Polished Internals
Trigger Stop
Double Trigger
32* Remote
Redz 2and1 harness
Stinless Steel Bolts

Those who see me fear me, those who don't see me fear me more - Semper Fi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic