Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"woodball" course

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g0dhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "woodball" course
    Posted: 04 August 2004 at 2:26pm

Since I lack the money, but I have plenty of time on my hands I usually just make bunkers out of whatever peice-of-crap wood I have laying around, and use logs/sticks/etc that i get while I'm working in the woods.  On one I also used a camoflauge tarp, about 4 feet wide and about twenty-five feet long surrounding one of them.  So far I haven't had any paintballs get through the bunkers, and have all of mine on the sides of hills, where the opposing team can't get to them from behind, just frontal assault.  I was just wonder if I was to make one in the middle of a gulley, how I would be able to get it to where no balls could get through, yet not worry about getting shot from behind or being snuck up on.  If you have any suggestions, lemme' know.

Helmut12289 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helmut12289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 10:06pm
Wait, what are you talking about.  I may just be tired but i cant understand what you wrote.  Explain more...
Axe in the head, early to bed, Axe in the helmet, a thanks to Helmut... and I support Bush! So there.
g0dhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g0dhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 10:45pm
What I mean is; where I play it's in like a 20 yard gulley between two steep ridges.  The gulley itself is flat through the remainder of the course, that is until it goes up the hill to the other edge of the course.  I wanted to know what would be the best way to make a bunker in the gulley, so that I wouldn't have to worry about a rear/side attack or one from above.
Dozer_Da_Punk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dozer_Da_Punk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2004 at 11:12pm
a circle

¤ŦĨPPMAŇŇ Ā-5¤
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 11:26am
A circle would help, or just put old boards up where you dont want to have to watch as a little added protection. Then you only have to worry about one side while the other is covered.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
98c Dude13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98c Dude13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 4:38pm
A circle with a couple of entrances.
TIPPMANN 98 CUSTOM
14" Progressive barrel   
32* Black gel grips
BT-16 Double trigger
Pen Spring Mod
X-core Expansion Chamber
Vertical Adapter
FamilyDog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FamilyDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 9:12pm
Myself, i do the opposite what i would normally do,My first thought would be to sneak up slowly and see what your opponent's moves what predict what he might do
Silent Slayer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silent Slayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 9:17pm

just make like a normal bunker  like this> [ ] with two entrances and then put wood at an angle at the top of that so that people cant shoot down into the bunker and make slits or holes to shoot out of and turn it so that the entrances go straight inline with the gulley so that you can run without having to climb a hill to get away if u get charged

a5 polished internals
flatline
custom aluminum foregrip
drop
e grip w/custom blade trigger
palmer stabalizer
71ci 4500psi dye throttle
dye invisions
vision impy
tapeworm
crossfire 88/45
EVO
g0dhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g0dhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2004 at 9:06am
Thanks, I appreciate it.  I'm going to go work on that today, in a couple of hours.
SniperBoy01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SniperBoy01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 1:17pm
i have a similar field to what u have said about it what i did is i have a trenche system on both sides and a out post in the gulley. the outpost is a octegon shape and has a camo net and tarp over the top for cver with large metal posts at each corner of the tarp it works like a charm hope it helps.                
Tippmann Commando For ME!!!!!
Helmut12289 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helmut12289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2004 at 10:51pm
OOOHHHH... i see what your sayin, yeah just make a circular bunker.  What we do is make a "skeleton" out of 2 by 4s and then just piece some plywood on.
Axe in the head, early to bed, Axe in the helmet, a thanks to Helmut... and I support Bush! So there.
Godhand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godhand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 9:45am
Try using nature as your cover, take a saw and hack some branches and throw them down, and when they die off, wear a different color of camo, and just camp there and wait for them to come down a hill and blast them.
Godhand's theory on speedball... tuck, jump, shoot, and run like hell!
Vansman614 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vansman614 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 10:43am

I beleive that it would be more fun if you could be flanked by the other team....more challenging

g0dhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g0dhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 7:01pm
Good points.  I'll keep it in mind, thanks.
mick_collins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mick_collins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2004 at 5:58pm
why would you want to eleminate the flank that is key, the whole concept to many woodsball games is to flank or counter flank, and if you've got a whole fortress and you're worried bout someone getting behind you someone needs to work on their communitation skills
POGUE182 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote POGUE182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2004 at 6:16pm
oowww that hurt......
PBinfonater View Drop Down

Strike 1: Disrespectful Behavior H-25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PBinfonater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2004 at 2:20am
i would never catch myself in a bunker in a gulley with people all around sounds like a world of hurt 
There is no "I" in "Team", but there sure is a "Me".
Tippmann A-5
RT
Flatline
Chrome Bullet drop with on/off
Male Palmer
Internal Polish
Stainless Steel kit
devilBelow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devilBelow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2004 at 1:56pm
if u want to eliminate the flank make a circular bunker with windows to shoot from, then have spare wood on the ground that you could put up to block a window, mayb make like a bracket so you dont have to hold the wood up... hope this helps
~devilBelow
g0dhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g0dhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2004 at 2:28pm
Thanks, I'm starting construction today. :D Fun.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic