Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Abortion?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Poll Question: Should a mother have the option to abort a healthy fetus?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
57 [43.18%]
3 [2.27%]
72 [54.55%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Guested - 3 Strikes and hes out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2005 at 11:05am
My bad, I was responding to Dune's post.

Damnit Clark Kent, take a hike with all your classiness and respect....that crap doesn't fly around here.
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2005 at 11:04am
^Exactly.

For some reason I shouldn't be offended by being told I have no faith and am going to hell, while I can't criticize some dude for believing a chick got knocked-up without being penetrated and her miraculous son rose from the dead.

And I'm the one whose weird/wrong!

Oh well, smoke another one I guess.
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2005 at 11:00am

True dat.  But there is a happy medium between funny and intentionally offensive.  I am not always sure where that middle points is (and I often miss), but I believe that it is courteous to at least try.

:)

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2005 at 10:56am
The fact that it does cause such an uproar, while in poor taste, is hilarious because it shouldn't. If you spend all your time being respectful, while still being told "have fun in hell," then I deserve a little time to lash back. I don't take things personally, because they are a difference in belief systems, so this shouldn't be taken personally either.
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2005 at 10:51am
If anybody that was around then remembers, I was one of those people that was all pissed at Patrick for faking his death.

I just didn't see the humor in it, so I flamed him relentlessly(even though he didn't care).

This is kinda the same situation, except I'm taking the other side of the argument now! Nice.

Seriously though, some of the joke attampts around here are pretty horrible at times....mine included.
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2005 at 10:48am
^Damn, Badsmitty really does keep you nice and drugged-up!

I gotta start hanging out with that guy.....
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2005 at 10:46am

lol - agree with that too.  I'm just one big agree-machine today.

Maybe we should all just relax a little.

:)

Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2005 at 10:30am
I really don't think he was going out his way to make people mad, just making a joke in poor taste that got everybodies panties in a wad.

I swear, religious people can't really take any sort of disrespect....they act like they are owed more common courtesy than the average heathen.

It's okay for all these religious people to tella non-believer they're going to hell, but make a little joke about the death of Christ and you get a bunch of Bible-toters jumping on your hump.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2005 at 9:44am

It's not the joke that is offensive - it is the making of the joke.

I am all in favor of mocking religion, and I consider no subject off-limits for humor - but I am also in favor of common courtesy.  This population is populated with a large number of very religious people.  Knowing that, posts/sigs/jokes whose sole raison d'etre is to offend religious people is simply rude.

Offending somebody by speaking your piece or expressing your opinion in a discussion is one things.  Going out of your way to make people mad - that's just rude.

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2005 at 12:25am
To each his own. You're offended by my joke, while I'm offended by religion's lies. Sorry if it bugged you, but I care as much about religion as you do for athiests. It's funny to me and others.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2005 at 11:39pm
I tend to agree with Senn on this...
AdmiralSenn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdmiralSenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2005 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

I like how The Passion is being 'rerelease' in the theaters. What a scam, this move is purely for profit. They reshow it close to Easter with less of the violence so that every Christian can go spend their money re-watching it. Do this every year, the profits will never stop. I wish I had thought of such a scam.

A scam? People were afraid to watch it because of the violence. Re-releasing it for Easter is no more a scam than Easter pageants in churches across the world. It's just more public and better-funded.

Yes, Mel Gibson made a lot of money off of this, but that doesn't mean his motives are corrupt. I think he did the original and the re-release out of personal conviction.

And I also really doubt that it's all Christians re-watching it. Most that I know either bought the DVD or are never watching it again.

To Dune: I can take religion jokes, just not really offensive ones. Calling Jesus' death a happy event (not the resurrection, just the death itself) isn't funny to me. I can take tons of religious humor (at about a Family Guy level), but that crosses the line for most people I know. I can take a joke, just not that one.
Is God real? You'll find out when you die.

Okay, I don't have a clever signature zinger. So sue me.
Hades View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2005 at 11:10pm
To Dune: I laughed out loud at the ending of Passion. I felt bad because Persephone was crying on my shoulder. I laughed not because the actor that represented Christ was killed, but the actress that was playing Mary Magdaline stares into the camera for several seconds. I happened to notice her eyes were partly crossed. Everyone in the theater didnt appreciate me laughing but I didnt care.

I didnt earn Brownie points with Persephone with at move.

I like how The Passion is being 'rerelease' in the theaters. What a scam, this move is purely for profit. They reshow it close to Easter with less of the violence so that every Christian can go spend their money re-watching it. Do this every year, the profits will never stop. I wish I had thought of such a scam.

636andy636 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 636andy636 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2005 at 11:06pm
I hear abortions tickle
Pmoney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pmoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2005 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Originally posted by Pmoney Pmoney wrote:

<long post>

An intelligent post deserves an intelligent reply.  Give me a couple of days to think it over.

Sure.

Now, I know that there were still some people trying to say that a growing child is still part of his or her mother's body.  How do you explain that when the baby has unique DNA, an often different blood type, independent organ systems (once enough time has elapsed for development), his/her own unique brain waves, and the mother has no control over its movement?

And for whoever it was that was wondering when a human is a human...I personally believe that life begins at conception. All the blueprints (DNA) are there for that unique individual, all he/she needs is time.  Why isn't the zygote a person at that stage?  I guess I'll go smash some bald eagle eggs if they're not really eagles yet, protected by law... (Explanation: It sometimes seems that humans care more about "saving the seals" than our own people...not to say we shouldn't care about other animals, just that things need to be brought into perspective to human life vs. other animal life)

Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2005 at 10:41pm
I got a laugh out of it
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2005 at 10:24pm
Only for christians.
Da Best View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Da Best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2005 at 10:20pm

Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Wow, people can't take jokes.

That's truly not something to joke about 

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2005 at 9:21pm
Wow, people can't take jokes.
BlackDeath7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackDeath7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2005 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Originally posted by AdmiralSenn AdmiralSenn wrote:

Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

That site just makes me more horny, Senn.

Since I dont believe in the sex for only procreation's sake, then I dont see any reason for others to cut down on having sex. Sure there are some people/couples that should practice better birth control, but that is easier said than done when for most people/couples the birth control options are not easily accessed or taboo even to discuss.

I didn't say anything about sex for procreation only. If you read my post, you'll see that I think we need to STOP procreating. Diminishing humanity's sex drive would do that...

And Dune, about your sig.. I assume you're referring to Jesus coming back to life?

No, his death.

Dune, I am seriously worried about you.  What is so happy about Jesus dying?  I am not going to give you a religion spiel right now, I would just like to know.  Why?

Brett Favre gets sacked again.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
  Share Topic