Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Abortion?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Poll Question: Should a mother have the option to abort a healthy fetus?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
57 [43.18%]
3 [2.27%]
72 [54.55%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neutral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Abortion?
    Posted: 05 August 2004 at 2:26am

As you can see, this is a poll on your opinion of abortion.

Should a mother have the option to abort a healthy fetus?
(I say healthy because 99.5% of abortions are done on healthy fetuses)

-If you picked maybe explain the circumstances
-Don't be overly aggressive persuading anyone to believe in your point on view. Just state your argument and let it be.
--¡MOST IMPORTANT!--
-Don't bring politics into the argurment.

choopie911 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 2:27am
To me, depends on circumstances.
themovielife View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Guested - Racism

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote themovielife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 2:32am
I think it is fine. Their body, their choice.
636andy636 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 636andy636 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 2:53am
Originally posted by themovielife themovielife wrote:

bravecoward View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
oxymoran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bravecoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 2:58am
whoa great first post!! i think it does depend on different circumstances.
Neutral View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neutral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 4:03am

Thanks

If you say "depends on circumstances" please define the circumstances. Circumstances can mean anything from "I wanted a boy" to "My acting career will be ruined!"

boomstick View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boomstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 8:39am

If the women's life is in danger then yes, she should have an abortion. If she's not in danger, she shouldn't.

YONK~!~
Check This Out
EYES View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
More pansy and liberal and commie than U

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EYES Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 8:42am

I don't think a mother should by any means be permited to abort any fetus. Unless there is 100% proof that both she, and the child will die in labor/birth.

The only thing I don't understand is that most people who are anti-abortion don't even want to take propper care of the living people. If it was up to me, I would gaurantee good healthcare, a good public education, shelter and food to any child that needs it. If a mother  aborts a child, chances are she doesn't want it/won't be able to financially support it because of poverty or whatever other problems she has. If a mother can't take care of her baby, the government should. But most politicians who are pro-life don't want to do that. So they are basically throwing that life away anyway. And that's why the US has such a high infant mortality rate. It's not because the baby is born unhealthy/un-cureable, it's that the mother can't afford to pay for it's life, and the government refuses to. Hopefully that would convince some mothers not to abort and save some lives. Instead of saving them and then throwing them away. That's just what I'd do though.

But those are just my moral beliefs. According to the law it's legal though, so it doesn't really matter. A country is run by the law, not personal beliefs.

youm0nt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK HELP!!!!!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youm0nt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 8:59am
Originally posted by 636andy636 636andy636 wrote:

A-5 bunkerking View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1, inappropriate sig. 3/11

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 bunkerking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 9:16am

i was an aborted kid.

Fallout_soldier View Drop Down
A-5 Speed Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fallout_soldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 9:35am

Originally posted by 636andy636 636andy636 wrote:

pluse wut if its some 15 year old who got raped?

Canada
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/index.php?e=atomicbomb.wmv
High Voltage View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Fire in the disco

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote High Voltage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 9:40am
Originally posted by Fallout_soldier Fallout_soldier wrote:

pluse wut if its some 15 year old who got raped?

...or this one chick in my english class last year...she was not raped, though.

Anyway, as a catholic i'm supposed to say it is wrong, however, i disagree with some things in my religion, so i believe it depends on the circumstances...

SilentStealth67 View Drop Down
Shakes Beef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SilentStealth67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 9:44am
Too Many Variables!

Its Pudding Time Children
Project Irene View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
It really DOES exist!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Project Irene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 9:59am
Pro-life
Hades View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 10:02am
Boy, one thing in life I have noticed, is that opinions on this topic greatly change once people start having sex.

I came to the conclusion the other day that a woman who does all in her power, ie... birth control, regular doctor visits should indeed be allowed to have an abortion. Obviously she does not want to have a child at that time.

Also in instances of rape, incest, and danger to the life of the mother, abortions should be allowed.

As for women that are underdeveloped in age and econmically unable to raise or care for a child should also be allowed to have abortions.

I personally feel that women that have abortions instead of using birth control are abusing the system, but it is still the parents choice.

Personally, I think the bigger arguement is whether or not the father has the right to force the mother to have the child when he is for having the child when the woman does not.

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 10:04am

Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

Boy, one thing in life I have noticed, is that opinions on this topic greatly change once people start having sex.

I came to the conclusion the other day that a woman who does all in her power, ie... birth control, regular doctor visits should indeed be allowed to have an abortion. Obviously she does not want to have a child at that time.

Also in instances of rape, incest, and danger to the life of the mother, abortions should be allowed.

As for women that are underdeveloped in age and econmically unable to raise or care for a child should also be allowed to have abortions.

I personally feel that women that have abortions instead of using birth control are abusing the system, but it is still the parents choice.

Personally, I think the bigger arguement is whether or not the father has the right to force the mother to have the child when he is for having the child when the woman does not.

I could not have said it any better.

Random_Person View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Official Forum Haiku Honorable Mention

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random_Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 10:13am
cause i'm catholic i'm suposede to be pro-life, but i'm pro-choice, her body her choice. we had some interesting debates in my rekigion class last year about that, but i'm to lazy to type them in

I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself.
Hades View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 10:16am
Why is it ultimately the woman's choice?

It takes two to make a baby. It should be both parent's choice.

Edited by Hades

Ejp414 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ejp414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 11:01am
It goes against my personal morals...

fractus.scud View Drop Down
well I have no title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fractus.scud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2004 at 11:26am

well if the woman wants to kill a living HUMAN than let her  (sarcasm)

abortion only in most rape situations. Im pro-life

Benny go home!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic