Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

x games

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swatkid6404312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x games
    Posted: 07 August 2004 at 4:59pm
i was watching the x game and i though if paintball is an extream sport why is it not included in the x games
tippmann 98 stock new today 8/7/04
PitchBlacK View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Language (F17)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PitchBlacK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 6:16pm
it actually should be.. it just doesn't have the media popularity i guess.

PitChBLaCk - Wasting Autistic Speedballers Since 2001
Tippmann A-5, 12" SP Teardrop, 20oz. CO2 w/ SP On/Off
Bunker_Attack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunker_Attack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 6:59pm
Well, it really isnt just a summer sport.. but yeah it would look good in the X games..
devilBelow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devilBelow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 7:01pm
i read some were that paintball might actually become an olympic sport... that is if enough countries will register a team. im not sure how tru this is tho
~devilBelow
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 7:59pm
^^If that is true, that would be awesome. I think the USA could do good in it.  I also think it should be included in the X-games, although it needs to become more popular.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
Ethanhunt View Drop Down
I play in the woods

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ethanhunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 8:20pm
It would be nice to see paintball in the olympics i bet that we would have the best team!
"Those granite steps that stand as obstacles in the path of the weak,
are stepping stones in the path of the strong"
sk8r4life432 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Am I bad?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sk8r4life432 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2004 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by Ethanhunt Ethanhunt wrote:

It would be nice to see paintball in the olympics i bet that we would have the best team!
cuz everyone already has a gun...a paintball marker would just come natural. lol
NOUS DE`FIOUS
ODERINT DUM METUANT
Matty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 2:48pm

....cool....

Fubu shirt-$30
Roca Wear sweatshirt-$50
Sean John hat-$20

realizing your white... priceless
:ShockeR_ratm: View Drop Down
Guested - Complete idiocy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote :ShockeR_ratm: Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 3:34pm
paintball isn't an extreme sport...

Nobody ever suspects the fun police!
Semper Durus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Semper Durus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 5:12pm
I have always considered paintball more of a game than a sport. I bet over-pretective mothers wouldn't like the fact that guys running around with "guns" and "shooting" each other is appropriate for ESPN/ABC.
I don't have a sig anymore
FROG MAN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1- Language, 11/29/09

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FROG MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 5:14pm
its the 3rd largest extreme sport with 9.8 million players. although i do agree with shocker i dont see why it is considered an exteme sport.
<1 meg sig = bad>
A-5 auto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 auto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 7:30pm
I think paintball is an extreme sport and that i watched x games just to see if they would have paintball in it but they didnt and that is messed up
Hey howd you do that?! Your funny hahaha shut up! FAPM forumers against Popemobile
A-5 auto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 auto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 7:34pm
Paintball is an extreme sport and it should be on the x games
Hey howd you do that?! Your funny hahaha shut up! FAPM forumers against Popemobile
BigD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 7:50am
If they had that on the X Games I would watch it.
Tippmann 98 Custom
J&J Ceramic 14 in.
VL Revolution w/ X-board
Rufus Dawg Double Trigger
Drop forward
Rocket Cock II
Vert. Adapter
DOP X-Core
DYE Sticky Grips
Dye Invision
cobrakid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobrakid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 11:22am
Originally posted by swatkid6404312 swatkid6404312 wrote:

i was watching the x game and i though if paintball is an extream sport why is it not included in the x games
hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 1:20pm

What defines an "Extreme Sport"? I have always though of one as a sport that is "unconventional(sp)". Paintball is very out of the ordinary. Most sports use things like balls and maybe some pads. Paintball uses a gun to propel a ball at 300 FPS using compressed air in a tank. If that sin't extreme, I don't know what is. BTW: Motocross is an extreme sport, and you just race a bike (mostly).

Founder of the "Forumers Against the Ugly Woman Sigs" also known as FAUWS.
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 7:23pm
Paintball is the truly the 3rd largest sport in the US alone, as stated ealier above 9.8 million players and counting and I do agree it should be part of the X-Games and everyone should remember the Tournament in Long Beach, Calif. over 400,000 attended.
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
warmonger83 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warmonger83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 7:34pm
according to a poll in the september 04 issue of APG, its the #3 extreme sport, so i can see it being in the X-games, as for the olympics, i doubt it because its too technology based
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!!!
hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 7:53pm

Originally posted by evil_fingers evil_fingers wrote:

Paintball is the truly the 3rd largest sport in the US alone, as stated ealier above 9.8 million players and counting and I do agree it should be part of the X-Games and everyone should remember the Tournament in Long Beach, Calif. over 400,000 attended.

I am gonna need proof on that. 3rd Largest sport doesn't sound right. Maybe extreme sport. I bet tons more play baseball, but i don't have the statistics, so I'll have to look it up.

Founder of the "Forumers Against the Ugly Woman Sigs" also known as FAUWS.
I <3 my A5 View Drop Down
"I am also a Pansy and Commy!"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I <3 my A5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 9:28pm

Originally posted by Semper Durus Semper Durus wrote:

I have always considered paintball more of a game than a sport. I bet over-pretective mothers wouldn't like the fact that guys running around with "guns" and "shooting" each other is appropriate for ESPN/ABC.

But yet target shooting is allowed along with fencing.

Smoking Jesus causes testicular cancer.
XBL Gamertag: Velcronia
for Halo 2
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic