Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Turtling an Icon... sort of...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Semper Durus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turtling an Icon... sort of...
    Posted: 08 August 2004 at 5:09pm

I see how the Turtled 'cockers have the top tube cut back. I was thinking of doing this to my Icon but needed some more info.

1. What all is done when an Autococker is turtled?
  2. Is there an actual performance upgrade?
  3. Do you think it is worth my time?

I am also picking up a clamping feedneck, 12" Lapco Bigshot, Palmer's Male, 12v Revvy, Check-it Uni, and some macro. Then I want to get it ano'ed flat black with shiny splotches on it.

I don't have a sig anymore
FROG MAN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1- Language, 11/29/09

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FROG MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by Semper Durus Semper Durus wrote:

I see how the Turtled 'cockers have the top tube cut back. I was thinking of doing this to my Icon but needed some more info.

1. What all is done when an Autococker is turtled? I just know about how its cut back
  2. Is there an actual performance upgrade? yes
  3. Do you think it is worth my time? it might be cool

I am also picking up a clamping feedneck, 12" Lapco Bigshot, Palmer's Male, 12v Revvy, Check-it Uni, and some macro. Then I want to get it ano'ed flat black with shiny splotches on it.

<1 meg sig = bad>
Semper Durus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Semper Durus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 5:13pm
^What was the point of quoting what I said?
FROG MAN View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1- Language, 11/29/09

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FROG MAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 5:14pm

Originally posted by Semper Durus Semper Durus wrote:

^What was the point of quoting what I said?

read it

<1 meg sig = bad>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Semper Durus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 7:52pm
Sorry, I was in a hurry. Thanks for the input.
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2004 at 10:41pm
On a turtle the back block is replaced with a small half-block that rides on a rail across the top of the bottom tube. The hammer is cocked internally instead of with a cocking rod in the rear.

Its just like using a lighter back block, the less inertia the ram has to overcome to move the back block, the faster the gun will be capable of cycling.
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 10:04am

Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

On a turtle the back block is replaced with a small half-block that rides on a rail across the top of the bottom tube. The hammer is cocked internally instead of with a cocking rod in the rear.

Its just like using a lighter back block, the less inertia the ram has to overcome to move the back block, the faster the gun will be capable of cycling.

Wow, I never new what turtling is, but know i have a pretty good idea. Good luck!

Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
A-5 bunkerking View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1, inappropriate sig. 3/11

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 bunkerking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 1:13pm
just cutting the top back off a spyder isnt considered turteling it.
turtleing a cocker consists of internal upgrades that enos described. leaving it impossible to succesfully "turtle" a gun, the internals are too different
Fast Splat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fast Splat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 1:53pm

Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

Cool! Now I know what it mean's.

**MY SETUP!**
WGP 04 ProStock Autococker
Worrblade
Delrin Bolt
**SOON TO COME**
Nexus Ram & QEV's
CP Shorty Reg
CP On/Off & Rail System
And some other cool stuff!!
Homer J View Drop Down

Strike 2 for drug related images

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Homer J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 1:54pm
That actually sounds like a really good idea.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Semper Durus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 8:47pm

I finished about an hour ago and it looks pretty good. Gives it some uniqueness. I am also going to sand down the sides smooth to get rid of the old milling and do some flames. I'll post pics soon.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic