Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Floating Bolt

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNelson001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Floating Bolt
    Posted: 09 August 2004 at 5:04pm

I was reading some topics talking about magnets and I was thinking that maybe there would be a way to line the inside of a marker frame with a powerful magnet with say a positive (+) power. Then take a special bolt also with a magnet with a positive (+) power on it. When you install the bolt into the frame the two magnets will cancel each other out and it will kindof "float". This would create a smoother ride for it and possibly increase speed. But since the bolt is released by the trigger then it could use some extra gas to move the bolt when the trigger is pulled. What do you think? sry this was so long can't really sum it up any other way...later

-Nelson

holysmartone View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
1 strike- language in posted image 6/9

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holysmartone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 5:11pm
You would need a really powerful magnet, and that would EAT through batteries. So unless you want to carry an extension cord with you wherever you play, probably not going to happen with current technology. But its a good thought.
choopie911 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Commie Canuck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote choopie911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 5:22pm
It would be hard to balance it just right too. It would be feasible... but if you were going to mess around with guns and magnets, I'd just make a rail gun
ekeboo View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike 1 5/1 Filter dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ekeboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 6:34pm
good thought but on spyders or any gun with that bolt style it would leak air

warmonger83 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warmonger83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by choopie911 choopie911 wrote:

It would be hard to balance it just right too. It would be feasible... but if you were going to mess around with guns and magnets, I'd just make a rail gun

toy gauss rifle
its nearly the same thing as a rail gun
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!!!
Large Unit View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Not really, but it looks good as a name

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Large Unit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2004 at 11:18pm
that toy guass rifle is cool! Im gona try to make one of those this week. Ill shoot it over our chrony and see how fast it actually can go lol.
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2004 at 10:10pm
Yeah, that toy guass is pretty cool. Im not talented anough to make one, but would like to see how it works.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
brycef View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brycef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2004 at 10:36am
in gr 7 i made a maglev train, a train that floats....( theirs being tested in japan right now... and yeahm they fly soooo smooth, although i used regular magnets no batteries.. so thte marker companie could do that instead of using baters... but that would be expensive and heavy.
Jesus- the way to go.
planning to get ion
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic