Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Marker Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"woodsball" gun now milled and painted

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Acme All-Purpose Member Title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodsballer87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "woodsball" gun now milled and painted
    Posted: 13 August 2004 at 7:21pm

well some of yall may of heard i was painting my gun adn well i've finished... the pictures of the new paint job are horrible and im sorry... thats the best i can get for the next 2 weeks.

here is what it was...

and now with new paint and also milled letters and rear sight.

feel free to rate it or give suggestions.

individual View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote individual Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2004 at 7:30pm
It looks alright, it's probly better than the picture makes it out to be. I think making it a flat blue would be more practical for woodsball. This is mine with gloss paint and satin clearcoat

http://www.hunt101.com/img/145595.jpg

I give it a strong 7/10
I'ld be real cool if you shaved down the front sight alittle bit since its not really helping as much as a sight now.
Pro/Carbine
J&J Ceramic 14"-Airtipps RVA
Dye stickies-Evil 2x Trigger
SL68II Trigger Spring with tensioner-Lighter sear spring
Polished Internals-SS screws
-In the works-
ASA-->VA w/ AA Reg
TOPGUN 414 View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Foul language

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TOPGUN 414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2004 at 7:32pm
even from the bad pictures i can tell that u did a good job painting it
A5
RT
Mp5 clip
Mp5 handguard
dual offset rail
tactical flashlight w p/s
42mm simmons redot
polished internals
maddman spring kit
starfire bolt
fx style stock
14in nightstik barrel
woodsballer87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodsballer87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2004 at 7:39pm

thanks...

about the front sight.... there is really nothing to mill down...there isnt that much around the bolt so i left it alone...

as for the paint i did 3 caots of primer, 3 coats of Saphire Blue metal flake, and 2 coats of clear coat. all paint was Testors brand model paint and it worked very well...i used the 2 part laquor system (primer and clear coat) and the base coat was an enamel.

i can honestly say i didnt do a perfect job... there are a few like, micro sized air bubbles where the rear sight used to be. also didnt do a 100% job on the milling of the letters. still a little bit of a texture cause i couldnt get it perfectly smooth and round. but all of that isnt hardly noticable unless you stare at it pretty good. but for my first time milling and painting...id say i did a d4mn good job.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote individual Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2004 at 7:44pm
I'm talking about the part that you push down to release the elbow could be shaved/cut down to smooth out front end of the gun.
Pro/Carbine
-In the works-
ASA-->VA w/ AA Reg

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodsballer87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2004 at 7:55pm

Originally posted by individual individual wrote:

I'm talking about the part that you push down to release the elbow could be shaved/cut down to smooth out front end of the gun.

OOOO! i guess it could be done... ill see what others think about that and wether or not it would still function right to release the elbow.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote individual Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2004 at 8:02pm
The whole exposed part doesn't need to be removed, just enough to match the milled rear sight might look cool.
Pro/Carbine
-In the works-
ASA-->VA w/ AA Reg
ItsJustMe View Drop Down
Suicide by mod.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ItsJustMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2004 at 8:19pm
Boo on the paintjob, looks a little rough

Yay for the gun, nice looking.
<Replaced gigantormous sig with strike, good trade.>
boomstick View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boomstick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2004 at 8:30pm
i like it. The blue is amazing. great paintjob.
YONK~!~
Check This Out
Bunker_Attack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunker_Attack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2004 at 10:16pm
Dude, get a hopper at least lol(motorized).. But anyways very nice!
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2004 at 10:18pm
Thats a neat looking color of blue. It might not be due to the quality of the pic, but looks good. I think milling the front sight a bit to match the rear would look good.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodsballer87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2004 at 10:37pm

thanks guys...

ItsJustMe: like i said in my first post...their horrible pics. just temps untill i can get my dads digital.

Bunker_Attack: yea i know...lol fortunatly enough, when ive out shot my stock hopper, i havnt chopped any balls. never chopped a ball and ive put about 6,000 since i got it in January.

but as for milling the front sight down, i wont be doing that... it wouldnt be practical cause then i wouldnt be able to push it down to release the feedneck.

thanks guys and keep the comments coming.

TippyManic32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippyManic32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2004 at 11:26pm
Pretty cool
Rbmllr412 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rbmllr412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2004 at 11:31pm
Looks more like a speedball gun to me.
SP Nerve, Max-flo 68/45, Halo B w/ V35 victory board, and RIP drive--All black

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodsballer87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2004 at 11:43pm

Originally posted by Rbmllr412 Rbmllr412 wrote:

Looks more like a speedball gun to me.

hence the quotes around woodsball.

Sarge14 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarge14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2004 at 10:45am
I liike it except for the blue, its just me, i dont like blue for woodsball gun. It looks like mine with all the dents and alluminum nicks in it,lol.
Nothing is Stronger than the Heart of a Volunteer

Proud to be a Soldier in the United States Army!
Commo Leads the Way!!
Project Irene View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
It really DOES exist!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Project Irene Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2004 at 3:37pm

Yeah, i'd go for more performance upgrades.  The paintjob is nice but like you said, the part where the letters was is still a little rough.  I'd have sanded it down more smoothly before painting.

Also, if you do mill down the front sight, (i say don't), don't go past the screw hole.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodsballer87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2004 at 6:50pm

trust me i wont....

the only other thing IM doing to the gun is probably a hopper. this gun wont be mine for too much longer. im sellin it then getting a BKO and upgrading that w/ PDS. so i im holding onto my tippy untill i can get what i need for my new gun.

davey_crokkett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey_crokkett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2004 at 8:42pm
I like the blue paint. Nice job
Paintball...    just do it!!

Woodsball all the way!
Bomber Brigade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bomber Brigade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2004 at 10:51pm
6/10 way too lumpy. I see way to many bad paintjobs lerking around lately.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic