Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A new type of hopper

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matri)x( Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A new type of hopper
    Posted: 19 August 2004 at 3:52pm

I think that all hoppers should have a button that you press to open it would make pod filling much more efficient try and picture a dye lock pod but using that on a hopper

easy123 View Drop Down

As easy as...Well...You know

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote easy123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2004 at 4:17pm
why you culd just open it without much difficulty
†Sniper† View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
In soviet Russia, paintball guns own you

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote †Sniper† Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2004 at 4:40pm
it's not overly hard to open a hopper
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2004 at 4:53pm
it would hold it shut better.
Homer J View Drop Down

Strike 2 for drug related images

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Homer J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2004 at 5:00pm
There's been times when I've clipped a bunker and my hopper lid's opened, dumping all my paint.

But then again, I'm a moron.
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2004 at 6:05pm
Ok, yer a moron....to keep from poppin up, jus use that piece of tape that everyone uses....its called duck tape.
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
Monk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2004 at 6:45pm

Originally posted by evil_fingers evil_fingers wrote:

Ok, yer a moron....to keep from poppin up, jus use that piece of tape that everyone uses....its called duck tape.

Way to sound like a moron yourself...Its duct tape.

The person that made it would get some money from it...Thats all I have to say about that.

Matri)x( View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matri)x( Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2004 at 8:27pm

look i am just saying when you have an intire team comming down on you it would be nice to have a quick fill and duct tape how are you supposed to fill it you cant rip it off in game then but i back on tard

Pyro-TFA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pyro-TFA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2004 at 9:37pm

Actually in the earlier versions of duct tape, it was used to make a waterproof seal on footlockers in the military and it was origionally known as "duck tape" it wasnt until later that people realized you could use it on duct work that was when the new name "duct tape" was origionated.

push button hopper lid while it is a good idea it isnt very practical because most people dont have trouble opening a hopper lid

evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2004 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by Pyro-TFA Pyro-TFA wrote:

Actually in the earlier versions of duct tape, it was used to make a waterproof seal on footlockers in the military and it was origionally known as "duck tape" it wasnt until later that people realized you could use it on duct work that was when the new name "duct tape" was origionated.

push button hopper lid while it is a good idea it isnt very practical because most people dont have trouble opening a hopper lid

Thank you fer clarifying that Pyro, unlike others who dont know the history behind that piece of American ingenuity.

Edited by evil_fingers
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
g0dhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote g0dhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2004 at 9:48am
A button would be a lot quicker than a strip of duct tape, but if the button was on the side, and you then forgot and layed the gun down on it's side... Lid opens.  Or of the button was on top, and you went to raise up and hit a limb, top of a bunker, etc. and your paint spilled.  I believe that a good ol' strip of duct tape keeps it closed better, and electrical tape works too! lol.  Anyways, DUCT TAPE 4 LIFE! Angry lmao...
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2004 at 11:12am
Originally posted by Pyro-TFA Pyro-TFA wrote:

We arn't having a problem opening them. The problem is keeping them closed. I actually really like this idea. Go for it.
MetallicaESPa5 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Doors Of Perception

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MetallicaESPa5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 11:50am
a button would be a good idea. heck, try to do it, ge a vl200 and see what you can do.

tippmann89c View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippmann89c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 1:02pm
i use just a regular viewloader hopper, it always stays shut. you just need to check to see how well the lid stays on before you buy one. some of 'em fly open real easily, some of 'em you never have a problem with. the one my gun came with opened real easy so i just got a different one.
98God View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ya, the joke did get you Strike 1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 7:27pm
i have a spare hopper layin around im going to try it
Travioli View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - Behave or be gone (D4)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Travioli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by †Sniper† †Sniper† wrote:

it's not overly hard to open a hopper
red Halo B
Crossfire 68ci4500psi
14" Freak
Red to Black Alias Timmy

PBinfonater View Drop Down

Strike 1: Disrespectful Behavior H-25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PBinfonater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2004 at 10:17pm
Posted: 20 August 2004 at 9:48am | IP Logged Quote g0dhead

A button would be a lot quicker than a strip of duct tape, but if the button was on the side, and you then forgot and layed the gun down on it's side... Lid opens.  Or of the button was on top, and you went to raise up and hit a limb, top of a bunker, etc. and your paint spilled.  I believe that a good ol' strip of duct tape keeps it closed better, and electrical tape works too! lol.  Anyways, DUCT TAPE 4 LIFE! Angry lmao...

wait godhead and stop thinkin so hard ull hurt urself ur chances of bumpin a hopper open without a button is a lot greater in all thos situations, than hitting the button on a hopper in thos situations and if u whant to taky ur gun all up with tape be my guest

Edited by PBinfonater
There is no "I" in "Team", but there sure is a "Me".
Tippmann A-5
RT
Flatline
Chrome Bullet drop with on/off
Male Palmer
Internal Polish
Stainless Steel kit
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic