Trix or Timmy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Poll Question: Which gun is for me?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
10 [45.45%]
12 [54.55%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick_James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trix or Timmy
    Posted: 21 August 2004 at 11:10am
I'm really only looking to get one of the two setups mentioned. I
play mid mostly, so I need a fast gun that's easy to maneuver and
accurate... it needs to be reasonably light. I know the basically
describes a Timmy, but from what I've seen Trix's are faster and
more accurate. How heavy is an LCD Trix? I already have HPA and a
Halo B with V35. Thanks for the help.

P.S.- I am NOT interested in DM4's. Please do not reccomend one.
A-5 bunkerking View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1, inappropriate sig. 3/11

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 bunkerking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 11:25am

ND timmy for sure

what are you willing to spend?

Edited by A-5 bunkerking
gnarkill View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Official Forum Hamster Lover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnarkill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 11:33am

Why on earth would you want to shoot a gun that is made for a team when your not on the team.

Trix for sure. But to improve efficency you`ll have to buy a new bolt.

And then you`ll be spending as much as a timmy. And with a trix you`ll experience what every trix owner loves No kick.

But in my opiniion it all boils down to is weight a problem. Timmies will be lights but the matrix is goina be a little heavier...and before bying talk to a matrix owner and a timmy owner Some of the mods at pbvids.com have them, sign up and talk to them.

Any further questions about the trix matrixowner.com....

Rick_James View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick_James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 1:32pm
I talk to the guys at pbvids all the time. Pooh's trix is the shiz,
and Moose's is pretty cool too... that's what makes me
interested. Oh, and Bunkerking, I'll spend pretty much anything
under $1600.

Edit- I was looking at Vikings and E-Mags, but they're just too
hard to come by. I'd like a gun with a large user base, merely
because it's easier to find tech support. So timmy or trix.

Edited by Rick_James
Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Took down Mike Tyson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 1:43pm
are you willing to spend 1600 dollars alone on the marker?  or do you want that to include upgrades?  and i would go with timmy, just a personal preference.
The desire for polyester is just to powerful.
tizzle bizzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tizzle bizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 5:13pm
why dont you want a dm4? i think that would be the best choice.. other than that.. alias
Rob C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 5:19pm
I havn't shot many super high end guns, but I have shot a few timmys like the 2k2 and alias, ever since I got to use the alias I have wanted one iit is so cool.

I wouldn't get the nd timmy just becuase I wouldn't want to be using a gun full of anohter team's logos, it would make you look like a poser IMO. (but im really weird with stuff like that, I wont play with a jersey unless im there with my team or in a tourney lol)

Edited by Rob C

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tizzle bizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 5:51pm
alias is lighter and better on air than the dm4.. they bolt shoot as fast as one another.. its just preferance.. i like the dm4
gnarkill View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnarkill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 6:05pm

Originally posted by tizzle bizzle tizzle bizzle wrote:

alias is lighter and better on air than the dm4.. they bolt shoot as fast as one another.. its just preferance.. i like the dm4

But the new evolve bolt is coming out.

Backman01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Backman01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 6:13pm

Originally posted by Rick_James Rick_James wrote:

P.S.- I am NOT interested in DM4's. Please do not reccomend one.

Get the Matrix LCD It absolutely ramps, and the stock barrel is reliably accurate.

Accuracy in volume.
Rick_James View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick_James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 6:27pm
I don't like DM4's because EVERYONE has one. I value a little
bit of originality. DM4's strike me as more of a fad. I like
Timmy's because they're lighter and easily field stripped, but I
like Matrix's because of the flat trajectory and accuracy. Which
is more important for a mid/back man?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tizzle bizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 7:14pm
 with trixs and timmys its all about preferance.... believe me alot of people have lcd trixs or other kinds... im tellin ya.. dm4 is the way to go
Civilian Of View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Platinum Member in disguise

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Civilian Of Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 7:35pm
DM4..

but if your set on choosing between and old skoo trix and a timmy.. then check the Alias.
gnarkill View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnarkill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 7:50pm

I don't like DM4's because EVERYONE has one. I value a little
bit of originality. DM4's strike me as more of a fad. I like
Timmy's because they're lighter and easily field stripped, but I
like Matrix's because of the flat trajectory and accuracy. Which
is more important for a mid/back man?

back, Well sorry to bust your bubble but the 03 trix`s are 8 oz heavier.

Gatyr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Begging for strikes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gatyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 8:10pm

Edit- I was looking at Vikings and E-Mags, but they're just too hard to come by. I'd like a gun with a large user base, merely because it's easier to find tech support. So timmy or trix.

Its not hard to find tech suport for viking, but it is very hard ot find a viking that needs it. If you want, i can give you someone on my BL for aim that is a certified tech for AKA markers. I could also go to the AKA forums, ask a question, and have it answered just as quick as anywhere else. I could talk to dan, nitro, froth, smeek, EPT, and many others about anytihng that might be wrong with a viking, and they would all be more than willing to help with anytihng i need, and be willing to tech it if they need to, for free(plus parts and shipping).

So if thats the only reason, you should be getting a viking. 

tippmann_kid View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Addicted to X-Ball

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippmann_kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 8:54pm
i would look into the alias timmy.dm4,or a viking
HK ARMY
2k4kev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Jumping...is useless!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2k4kev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 8:55pm
ALIAS, EMPIRE OR RUSSIAN LEGION ~ all pimp

KH ARMY>you
evil-NYX View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Motherlessly HUGE SIG

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil-NYX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2004 at 9:16pm

get both, like me!!!!!  jk.   If u can, get a NYX TRIX!!!!!!!, if not get the trix, i like it better then my timmy.......well for some reasons anyways!!!

if u get the trix, the cp roller trigger and the no rise are great ups!!!!!! 

tyranny View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tyranny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2004 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by Gatyr Gatyr wrote:

Edit- I was looking at Vikings and E-Mags, but they're just too hard to come by. I'd like a gun with a large user base, merely because it's easier to find tech support. So timmy or trix.

Its not hard to find tech suport for viking, but it is very hard ot find a viking that needs it. If you want, i can give you someone on my BL for aim that is a certified tech for AKA markers. I could also go to the AKA forums, ask a question, and have it answered just as quick as anywhere else. I could talk to dan, nitro, froth, smeek, EPT, and many others about anytihng that might be wrong with a viking, and they would all be more than willing to help with anytihng i need, and be willing to tech it if they need to, for free(plus parts and shipping).

So if thats the only reason, you should be getting a viking. 

great after reading that im gonna go buy a viking ....... but for your question id get the trix
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I’ll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2004 at 4:55pm
Freestyle With Evil Pipe Kit.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic