Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Which Gun is Best
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

finally decided...whatcha think

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterhose05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: finally decided...whatcha think
    Posted: 24 August 2004 at 12:47am

ive decided to go with the b2k4.  Should i go ahead and get the PDS or is it pretty good about not chopping balls?  anyways...here is what im looking at doing to it...what do you think?

Mac Dev Gladiator Inline Reg

Sonic LPR Kit

Sonic Red Valve

Shocktech Super Fly Bolt

CP Drop Forward

Vapor Trigger

anything else you guys would recommend...? Also, what is the deal with the new 'boards'? Is that if you have PDS?  Will the Halo B be fast enough for it with these upgrades ? 1 last question...whats a good barrel kit for the b2k4? Is the new Mac Dev barrel kit supposed to be any good?

Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I’ll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2004 at 12:49am
^uhh... with that Stuff you might as Well as Buy a Freestyle, and change the barrel and Regulator.
Waterhose05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterhose05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2004 at 12:55am
i was lookin at doin these upgrades over the next couple months as the money comes in...this is texas..which means paintball season kicks up at the middle of september...so i need a decent gun.  too damn hot to be playin in 90-100 degree weather.  i can't really afford to pay 800-900 for the freestyle...i still have to pick up the n2, googles, paint, yada yada
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I’ll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2004 at 1:49am

Oh... ok I See how your doing this...

How many times have you played paintball? (sorry for the Question) But if you dont have like uber fast Walking Trigger fingers you might wanna buy a B2k4 Non-PDS then later on when you can get around 10pbs, slap the PDS in and Get a New Chaos Board, and Chaos Chip so that you can have a Unlimited ROF... and Change the barrel on the B2k4, usally all Stock Barrels are lame or really Crummy unless your paying over 700$ on a gun...

evil-NYX View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Motherlessly HUGE SIG

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil-NYX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2004 at 12:36pm
i think you chose the right thang!!!!!!!  Have fun with ur b2k4~!!!!
TDonovan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
2 Legit 2 Quit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TDonovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2004 at 2:17pm
Freestyles might be nice but they have their own issues. One being poor efficiency, and another being a very finicky LPR and HPR reg balance to get the bolt working correctly.

B2K4's are a little tall for me, but they are no doubt good guns. I would DEFINITELY get PDS though...

My personal upgrades for a B2K4 would be...
AKA sidewinder (medium size) or AKA 2-Liter
Uni-mount (or rail and on/off)
Lapco Autospirit/Bigshot (autospirit = .687 & bigshot = .689) - IMO they're the best barrels out there

I don't like the whole idea of 2 piece barrel kits, I would prefer to make my own kit out of lapco 1 piece barrels. They have minimal porting and are quality barrels.

Aside from getting the reg, barrel, and unimount (asa) just play with the gun for a while. Even a 12v revvy or reloader will do just fine. From there you can figure out which upgrades you NEED.
gnarkill View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Official Forum Hamster Lover

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnarkill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2004 at 2:20pm
Your into upgrading huh? i`d get a cocker 03....and spend a lot in ups. then eblade it

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic