Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Which Gun is Best
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Phantom’s and such

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
In soviet Russia, paintball guns own you

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote †Sniper† Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Phantom’s and such
    Posted: 25 August 2004 at 1:18am
I am bored of semi. I want stock class.

With that thrilling introduction, here goes.

With the non too enthused help of mbro, I think a Phantom would be pretty nifty. I've been pondering, and I have a few questions...

1) Color...red/white acid wash, grey(black too)/white acid wash, or urban camo.

2) What kind of upgrades can Phantoms take? I'd be using good ol' nitrogen, unless I went crazy and got into balls out stock class. So like, regulators and nonsense, do they fit and stuff.

3) Well, the biggest of them all. Stock class or just pump? I really like how small the gun can be with a 12g adapter and 15 rnd tube, but yet I like having lotsa ammo on call.

4) barrels, and the quality thereof. Essentially, is this sucker accurate?

I'm sure I'll have more questions, but it's like, 2:45 am, so I can't remeber any of them.

thanks and stuff
Belt #2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - Drug use thread

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Belt #2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2004 at 2:07am

Yeah, i have nothing useful to add to this thread.

Leave me alone, stop bugging me on IRC, i don't know, i don't care, go away.

Thank you, I'm done.

Most importantly - People suck.
mbro View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Original Forum Gangster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2004 at 2:08am
1) Color...red/white acid wash, grey(black too)/white acid wash, or urban camo.

Red/Whit

2) What kind of upgrades can Phantoms take? I'd be using good ol' nitrogen, unless I went crazy and got into balls out stock class. So like, regulators and nonsense, do they fit and stuff.

Just about all standard accessories work, drops, expansion chambers, regs. Use CO2 however, nitro is huge for what you need. A 9oz tank will last you all day.

3) Well, the biggest of them all. Stock class or just pump? I really like how small the gun can be with a 12g adapter and 15 rnd tube, but yet I like having lotsa ammo on call.
I'd say go just pump, then buy a stock breach for it later. Or, buy it with a stock body but run a 3.5oz tank vertical, no need for expensive 12gs.

4) barrels, and the quality thereof. Essentially, is this sucker accurate?
Stock = great

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
†Sniper† View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote †Sniper† Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2004 at 1:10pm
Yeah, I forgot to mention. I've never played with stock class, so anyone who has, this is aimed to you. How hard is it to reload the 12g's and paint during a game?
Stingray View Drop Down
King of the Gnomes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stingray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2004 at 1:39pm
Belt, you should turn your computer off and walk away...a man shouldn't post unless he's something useful to say.

For colour, personally, I'd shy away from red/white just because I don't like to stand out in a crowd much. I'd probably be more of a gray or black guy.

MBro's right about the 9oz tanks, and they're not much money.

I've played with 12grams before, I'd say with a decent adapter you should be good. In my experience I found Brass Eagle twelve gram adapters to be horrible. When you screw the twelve gram on, it goes too tight and when you try to take it off again you just end up taking the adapter off of the gun. Besides that, though, I found twelve grams fairly okay to play with, but people don't give you breaks because you have to reload.

JIM2
†Sniper† View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote †Sniper† Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2004 at 7:09pm
I think this is what I'm gonna get:

In red/white acid wash, with...

-lots of 12 grams

One point I am still stuck on though.
I know in that pic I have the 12 g adapter set up vertically, but I think I may want to have a bottomline with an adapter, so for practicing and stuff I don't waste the mildly expensivbe 12g's. Thoughts on that idea?

edit:

That idea would sort of look like this:

Edited by †Sniper†
btheg23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote btheg23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2004 at 8:47pm

get the vert air

thats what im getting          ;        except with back blue acid wash

and a telescope stock and all of the clear parts

make it look pimp

Staples View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Staples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2004 at 9:07pm
You can just unsrew the quick changer I think a stick a tank on there
vertically, someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
†Sniper† View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote †Sniper† Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2004 at 10:01pm
Staples, I was thinking about that, but I'm unsure. I think you can though.

Anyone know where to get those clear parts? I saw pics, but I don't know where to buy them.
Slothbutt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Can’t find the short bus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slothbutt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2004 at 11:44pm
Staple-you could but the balance is way off.

I like mine with the 9oz on the bottomline. I like to have a stock (the 9oz) with a pump gun so you have something to steady the gun when you pump and aim. I can easily take of the hose and make use 12grams (if i had a 12g adapter)

I now use a smaller hopper.

You can get clear parts at PhantomOnline The owner Mike it a great guy, I like how you can call him up and ask any questions and he personally puts your gun together.

Edited by Slothbutt
†Sniper† View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote †Sniper† Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2004 at 11:29am
alright now I'm really stumped. Originally, I figured stock class would be awesome, but now I realize that in pseedball, bad things will happen. So I think I may keep my nitro, or switch back to a 9oz, and pick up a 40 rnd hopper somewhere. I'm just not sure on that though.

edit: ignore all that nonsense, I've decided to go pure stock class.

Edited by †Sniper†
98c - baller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98c - baller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2004 at 8:34pm
ive played with the $15 BE talon w/  a 50 round hopper with my friends(b/c i was board), not that good of an idea but w/e, well semi is good very good, b/c when u friend springs up out of no where and u forgot to pump ur gun, well it hurts getting shot like 25(velocity screw almost out) times with no ware to run, then you gotta play doge ball, but its kinda hard to see paintballs when ur trying not to get hit, i hate pump!!!!!!
†Sniper† View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote †Sniper† Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2004 at 9:08pm
Forget to pump? How do you manage that?

And if someone shot me 25 times I'd punch em in the face.

pump is fun, you just gotta have the tactics.
dye prs View Drop Down
Diapers??

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dye prs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2004 at 1:36am
i guess pump is kool if ur play like scenario. kinda like a shot gun. but i think u shouldnt use the 12gram.  i like how Slothbutt
 has his  and mbro in the middle picture what are u sticking  in ur butt?

Edited by dye prs
†Sniper† View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote †Sniper† Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2004 at 8:24am
heh...I'm not gonna be playing scenario. i'm gonna be playing outlaw and speedball.
Play Maker27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Play Maker27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2004 at 9:54am
Originally posted by †Sniper† †Sniper† wrote:

Anyone know where to get those clear parts? I saw pics, but I don't know where to buy them.
Tippmann A-5
-E-Grip
-Unimount
-32* Remote
-Blade Trigger
-Redz Harness
-Flatline Barrel
-Palmers Stabalizer

Fund: 117/680
†Sniper† View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote †Sniper† Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2004 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by Play Maker27 Play Maker27 wrote:

Originally posted by †Sniper† †Sniper† wrote:

Well, since some more people are wondering...

I emailed CCI, and they have clear parts for phantoms. It's quite expensive to buy the parts, but they offer an exchange program. Trade in your black parts, and they give you all clear ones for $16.50 or so.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic