Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Which Gun is Best
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

cocker

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote streetracer2099 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cocker
    Posted: 25 August 2004 at 5:22pm

i got a dragun tes that completely broke down on me so im wondering, does anyone know where i can get a really cheap o4 cocker?

Hopefully-
O4 autococker
14 inch Stiffi
Ricochet 2k
48 ci 3000 nitro
st bolt
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I’ll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2004 at 5:34pm
ImpyKing2 View Drop Down

Guested - Cannot follow any rules

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImpyKing2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2004 at 5:35pm
There are alot of places but I hope you know that if you get a cocker your most likeley going to be dealing with another pain in the  thats going to break down alot.
(I'm a nob with no clue about almost anything...)
A-5 bunkerking View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1, inappropriate sig. 3/11

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 bunkerking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2004 at 5:45pm
^ hes joking, you really wont.

cockers are great, and if you know what your doing, they wont break down on you
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2004 at 5:49pm
Don't listen to Impking. He doesn't know what he's talking about and has issues.
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2004 at 5:50pm

If you are short on cash, buy a 2k2 or 2k3 on Ebay.  Same thing without the shiny pneumatics, and great prices.

ImpyKing2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImpyKing2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2004 at 5:51pm
Sadly Im not joking sadly people are dumb enough to buy junk like Autochoppers. Ok lets get a POS because it has poopy shiny front phnuematics...great idea..moron.

Edited by ImpyKing2
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2004 at 5:57pm

General forum advice:  Disregard anything that ImpyKing says.

ImpyKing2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImpyKing2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2004 at 5:59pm
Right but as I said before if your smart you'll listen to me some one who has actually owned one of these POS.
TheInvincible View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheInvincible Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2004 at 6:59pm
Just because you need a gun that shoots for you doesnt mean that everyone else does.
†Sniper† View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
In soviet Russia, paintball guns own you

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote †Sniper† Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2004 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by ImpyKing2 ImpyKing2 wrote:

Right but as I said before if your smart you'll listen to me some one who has actually owned one of these POS.

What you seem to ignore is that half the people who disagree with you also own cockers. nice try though.

I'd get an '03 if you plan on replacing the pneumatics
ImpyKing2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImpyKing2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2004 at 7:24pm

Also all those people live in LA LA land and are to dumb or ignorant to see the truth. They know they spent a $1000 in upgrades to make thier cocker half decent and they know they have problems with it all the time BUT they would never admit it.

Edit: In the end he's going to end up replacing alot more then the front 3 way.

Edited by ImpyKing2
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2004 at 7:48pm

I will agree with IK to the extent that you shouldn't get a cocker if you don't plan on upgrading.  Stock cockers are pretty nice, but the upgrading is what makes the cocker fun to have.

But on a mech cocker, all you really need to upgrade is the bolt, the barrel, and the 3-way.  Upgrading the rest of the pneumatics is really for fairly minor gains.  Upgrading your valve and hammer can improve your efficiency and ball-pinching, but again only incremental gains.

The real change is in the 3-way and some careful timing for that supershort trigger pull.

If you plan on going electro, of course, you will want another whole host of upgrades to maximize your gun's potential.

:)

streetracer2099 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote streetracer2099 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2004 at 8:55pm

well, upgrading is always part of the deal and ive heard some bad things about the stuff people sell on ebay. u sure its a good idea?

but its no doubt goin to be a cocker

Hopefully-
O4 autococker
14 inch Stiffi
Ricochet 2k
48 ci 3000 nitro
st bolt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote streetracer2099 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2004 at 9:03pm

how much is a 03 vert at the discount sites? im lookin at ebay i see 1 for 250

Hopefully-
O4 autococker
14 inch Stiffi
Ricochet 2k
48 ci 3000 nitro
st bolt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote streetracer2099 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2004 at 9:06pm

bump

Hopefully-
O4 autococker
14 inch Stiffi
Ricochet 2k
48 ci 3000 nitro
st bolt
2k4kev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Jumping...is useless!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2k4kev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2004 at 10:18pm
prolly around 250- 275

KH ARMY>you
vftactical2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vftactical2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2004 at 10:34pm

joe just go to automag.org and go to classifieds then markers and tell everyone that you have 300 hundred or whatever and thell put up some offers and stuff tell them what your interested in getting (autocockers,bushys whatever) and then tell them what you dont want (blowbacks, tippmanns,spyders,pirhanas you no) and youll see what you get

(cody)

EDIT also look what i found its got all the goods of an 04 vert just different milling thats it for a good price too http://www.paintballgateway.com/paintballgate/wgp03spedau1.h tml http://www.paintballgateway.com/paintballgate/wgp03spedau1.h tml

Edited by vftactical2
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic