Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A milsim idea for A-5’s

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oatmeal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A milsim idea for A-5’s
    Posted: 25 August 2004 at 9:45pm
I don't know if someone has suggested this before, but would it be possible to make CO2/HPA tanks that are shaped like mags (M4, MP5, G36, etc), and be used with the A-5's vertical air system (eliminating the bottom line feed)? These "mags" would probably hold less CO2/air (I'm guessing 9-13 oz. co2), but not so much that it would be a problem. Does anyone know if this has been attempted--it seems like this might be a popular air system in the milsim crowd (I'd try it out!)
Setup
Tippmann A-5
Flatline Barrel
F/X Stock
ASR-1 Sight Rail
In Yo Face Offset Sight Rail
Daisy Red Dot Sight
Hitman View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Why yes, I am JUST THAT cool, thx...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hitman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2004 at 10:52pm
I was just thinking the exact same thing a few days ago. There might be a technical reason behind all tanks being a cylinder.
[IMG]http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/4874/stellatn8.jpg">

CottageCommando View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CottageCommando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2004 at 1:27pm
the thing is if they were shaped like that it wouldnt hold very much more than a 12 gram in some instances like the m-4 mag u would be decided the 30 round the drum or the 20 round its all a fact plus some of the guns would be off balance but i do know that www.opsgear.com makes fake mags for the a-5 and m98
Building an Evil Empire... One piece at a time :)
oatmeal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oatmeal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2004 at 6:18pm
someone else on the opsgear forum had this same idea, and apparently tanks are round because there are no seams for the gas to burst out of (and i would guess because of the larger volume of a round shape). I just thought this might be a fun idea because then you could have a "mag" on your weapon that isn't a completely useless addition.
Setup
Tippmann A-5
Flatline Barrel
F/X Stock
ASR-1 Sight Rail
In Yo Face Offset Sight Rail
Daisy Red Dot Sight
Staples View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Staples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2004 at 9:26pm
Make a Sixpack like mag that holds multiple 12-grams and then you
just carry a few mags
Arbites View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Soon to be Gold

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arbites Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2004 at 12:19am
They are cylindrical because it is the strongest shape. A magazine could be made into one, but no tank manufacturer is going to risk making a weaker shelled tank so you will be stuck with a magazine that could hold a 12-gram (as mentioned above). Though this brings an interesting idea for scenario players as they would have to change their magazine air sources very regularly.
A-5: 12" Ceramic, Egrip/WAS/Duel, HPA, MP5 sliding stock
SMG-68: 12" Ceramic
68-Specials(8): 12"&14" Ceramic, 12V Revy *** 1 Tip-n-Strip, 1 Blue, 1 FA w/Qloader
SL-68: 14" Ceramic
SMG-60 Ext. Line
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has to say "yes" to "are you a cop?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2004 at 8:43am
I was tinkering with an idea for a 12 gram mag look. THe solution is to make a quick ghange that looks like a magazine. Screw the 'magazine' into the adaptor, then along the back edge of it, theres a groove that one could slide in the 12 gram and lock it down. when it's empty, pop a release at the bottom, and the 12 gram cartridge falls out.
?

sneakysniper7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sneakysniper7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2004 at 8:50pm
That would be cool . I have an A-5 so if you've ever seen the actual gun ( DK5 Dutshe) the mag would be pretty small and olny hold a 12 gram. But i would still like it even with haveng to change the mag alot. I would buy a mag belt and hold lots of the mags and it would be a very interesting addition to scenarios.
Paintball is the best sport no matter what anyone says, and if you cheat you get beat. Snipers rule!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic