Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

better close range marker (not a shotgun)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ieatpaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: better close range marker (not a shotgun)
    Posted: 25 August 2004 at 10:06pm

ok...I know this sounds like a shotgun, and shotguns are stupid but please just bear with me.  Imagine a small marker (even a modified pistol) that fires a paintball into a very fine mesh at the end of the barrel, thus stopping the shell and sending a nice concentrated spray at close range.  The tight spray radius would prevent people from passing off the hit as a rub against a bunker and you wouldn't find yourself getting a hole punched in you when someone bunkers you (not that it ever happens). Of course this design has some important issues: 1) a mechanism would be needed to clear spent shells out of the barrell (I'm thinking something like the mechanism used to clear spent rounds out of a revolver, but it's a little impractical) 2) at close range you need a fast firing marker and problem 1 doesn't help 3)unless you hear someone rushing you, its an offensive weapon only and 4) tippmann would probably pass on this because it would  be used primarily in speedball

well, flame me all you want

Staples View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Staples Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2004 at 10:12pm
Sounds good but make sure the holes are big enough to actually be
considered a hit and not spray
Robert C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2004 at 10:57pm

I had that same idea, but not for practical use just for fun. Also it wouldn't count at a hit at most fields since its actually spray.

Actually as soon as I get my tippmann fixed I'm going to put 2 wires making an x at the end of the barrel so it sprays paint everywhere. (I decided not to sell my tippmann to keep it as an experiment marker, if you knew how much this thing has been through you would cry, and it lives through so much of it!)

Edited by Robert C
warmonger83 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warmonger83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2004 at 12:20am
i think it rather be shot at close range then be called out for "spray." if you are that concerned with it... play 10 foot rule.
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!!!
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2004 at 12:30am

Can that beautiful lookin "Typhoon" be used in this game?

Or an M203 round from a Scepter launcher?

Edited by evil_fingers
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
fdupnct View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fdupnct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2004 at 11:57am
Originally posted by evil_fingers evil_fingers wrote:

Can that beautiful lookin "Typhoon" be used in this game?

Or an M203 round from a Scepter launcher?

I'll second that.  That Sceptor launcher is sweet

Team Ball-Breakers

Amphibious Assault - 8/28 & 8/29

I am Swamp Thing
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2004 at 9:33pm

You think thats sweet, I talked to Scepter and hes considering of turning this (pic below) into a usable paintball launcher sometime in the future

Do not steal....the government hates competition!
Arbites View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Soon to be Gold

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arbites Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2004 at 12:16am
are you guys also forgetting that the shells will jam this thing up so fast you'll be out right after the time the next rounds the corner behind the first guy?
A-5: 12" Ceramic, Egrip/WAS/Duel, HPA, MP5 sliding stock
SMG-68: 12" Ceramic
68-Specials(8): 12"&14" Ceramic, 12V Revy *** 1 Tip-n-Strip, 1 Blue, 1 FA w/Qloader
SL-68: 14" Ceramic
SMG-60 Ext. Line
thecorpseman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thecorpseman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2004 at 9:13am
[QUOTE=evil_fingers]

You think thats sweet, I talked to
Scepter and hes considering of turning this (pic below) into a
usable paintball launcher sometime in the future

'csgs_enlarged.asp?stkinset=22849L.jpg';">www.csgshq.com/pro dInfo/images/22849.jpg">

[/
QUOTE]
LOL it's like the HK GMG thats soooooooo cool.
FAPM- Forumers against PopeMobile.
rave5910 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rave5910 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2004 at 6:40pm
or you could rig up a 21" thunder pig on a pistol and just barrel tag them when they come around the corner

A-5
E-grip
32º W.B.
DOP x-chamb.
psycho bal. 2x trig
polished internals
B.L. 1.2k psi gauge
ST grip adapter
32º bottomline
THEJoshua107 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THEJoshua107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2004 at 12:58pm
put like a really small needle like thingy at the end of the barrel to break the paintball so the shells go with it at the person and nothing is in the barrel
Things you will never hear:

"Nah those guys would have been better off without me"
Bob Long

"Nah we're not the best"
Tippmann

"Peace, Yall"
Hitler
THEJoshua107 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THEJoshua107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2004 at 1:03pm
rig coat hanger wire at the bottom of the barrel... get a saud iron (cant spell) and make it part of the barrel if you really wanted to screw up a perfectly good pistle...

why not just use the pistle? hit them in the mask/gun/gear to minimize pain... cant you take a fraction of a second's worth of aim at that close and hit what your aiming at?
Things you will never hear:

"Nah those guys would have been better off without me"
Bob Long

"Nah we're not the best"
Tippmann

"Peace, Yall"
Hitler
PaintMonkey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
That’s MISTER Poo Flinger to you...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2004 at 1:50pm
It's not very pratical though, think about the distance it would spray, you'd so be better off just shooting the paintball at that range. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
When a Monkey runs out of paint, he throws FECES!
hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2004 at 8:15pm

I agree with it not being practical idea. The time it would take you to pull that out wouls be more than you could spare. Just hook a parascope up to the side of your gun, then at close range, you can minimize exposure. I dunno if they would call a blind-firing penalty on you.

I hope Smart Parts isn't on here right now stealing my parascope idea!

Founder of the "Forumers Against the Ugly Woman Sigs" also known as FAUWS.
triggerhappy1 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggerhappy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2004 at 8:20pm
or you could just buy brass eagle paint. it will break in the barrel automaticly.
devilBelow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devilBelow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2004 at 6:16pm

Originally posted by triggerhappy1 triggerhappy1 wrote:

or you could just buy brass eagle paint. it will break in the barrel automaticly.

lol, i agree with that

~devilBelow
DeathFromPaint View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeathFromPaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2004 at 10:38pm
I think the brass eagle idea is the best yet
Tippmann A5
E-Grip
2X Trigger
Low Pressure Kit
JT Proteus Smoke Mask
Woodland Ghillie Suit
Next to Come
Flatline
Drop Forward
Macroline
240rd Hopper
FireSoldier007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireSoldier007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2004 at 7:03pm

Originally posted by triggerhappy1 triggerhappy1 wrote:

LOL     and sadly its true

rave5910 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rave5910 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2004 at 7:29pm
actually brass eagle's blue streak has a thicker shell and doesnt break no matter what you do, you could buy really expensive tourney paint with crazy brittle shells and put epoxy in the barrel or something so it will break

A-5
E-grip
32º W.B.
DOP x-chamb.
psycho bal. 2x trig
polished internals
B.L. 1.2k psi gauge
ST grip adapter
32º bottomline
meteora View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meteora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2004 at 8:08pm

they have a mod for the talon...make an end cap with two razors crossing through it liek an X, shotgun thingy

or get really huge bore sized paintballs and a small bore barrel

Edited by meteora

GUN WHORE
XTC
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic