Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

better close range marker (not a shotgun)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ieatpaint View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ieatpaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2004 at 10:06pm

ok...I know this sounds like a shotgun, and shotguns are stupid but please just bear with me.  Imagine a small marker (even a modified pistol) that fires a paintball into a very fine mesh at the end of the barrel, thus stopping the shell and sending a nice concentrated spray at close range.  The tight spray radius would prevent people from passing off the hit as a rub against a bunker and you wouldn't find yourself getting a hole punched in you when someone bunkers you (not that it ever happens). Of course this design has some important issues: 1) a mechanism would be needed to clear spent shells out of the barrell (I'm thinking something like the mechanism used to clear spent rounds out of a revolver, but it's a little impractical) 2) at close range you need a fast firing marker and problem 1 doesn't help 3)unless you hear someone rushing you, its an offensive weapon only and 4) tippmann would probably pass on this because it would  be used primarily in speedball

well, flame me all you want

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic