Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

i have a idea.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Guested - Just leave already

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: i have a idea.
    Posted: 26 August 2004 at 11:14am
why dont they make paintballs cheaper. 50-65 bucks per case is kinda rediculous. it doesnt cost theat much to make them. the manufacturers are making a huge profit off of us. they should really lower the prices.
I LIKE BIKES!
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2004 at 11:32am
I agree. The prices are pretty steep, but i guess they figure if you can afford to play paintball you have SOME money.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2004 at 11:37am
then don't buy uber grade paintballs. Case $30-$40 at my local store.
The Ho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2004 at 11:46am

Originally posted by sinisterNorth sinisterNorth wrote:

I agree. The prices are pretty steep, but i guess they figure if you can afford to play paintball you have SOME money.

the reason i dont have money is because i play paintball. that is why they should drop the prices. i relize there is paint out there for like 30 bucks but that is still prety expensive for little paintballs

I LIKE BIKES!
†Sniper† View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
In soviet Russia, paintball guns own you

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote †Sniper† Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2004 at 1:24pm
That's half the reason I'm switching to stock class.
-BlAcK SuN- View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -BlAcK SuN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2004 at 2:01pm

i get a pretty good case of 1000 for 20 bucks at walmart

What did paintballs ever do to you !!!use hollow metal balls!!! (shh they hurt more too
prolitesniper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - Language 5/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prolitesniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2004 at 2:05pm
its the same way with gas prices, you need gas to go places, and if all the companys tell each other when they are raising the prices they go up to
Tippmann A5
RT
16in J&J Ceramic
14in linear smartparts
New BT Apex Barrel
45ci 3000psi Nitro System
blade trigger
4+1pack
†Sniper† View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
In soviet Russia, paintball guns own you

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote †Sniper† Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2004 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by prolitesniper prolitesniper wrote:

its the same way with gas prices, you need gas to go places, and if all the companys tell each other when they are raising the prices they go up to

heh...that's called price fixing and it is illegal
The Ho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2004 at 5:07pm
painballs dont cost as much to make as they ae selling them for. the companys are getting massivley rich off of us.
I LIKE BIKES!
Robert C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2004 at 5:26pm
If you can't afford the paint play pump.

Prices are high but from what I hear the machines to make them are crazy expensive.
The Ho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2004 at 9:05pm
why would i sell my upgraded 98 for a pump?
I LIKE BIKES!
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2004 at 9:09pm

The reason why them paintball manufacturers are raisin up the prices on their balls is because of the "high demand of quality balls", due to them paintball slingin speedballers shootin 10,000+ in one whole day compared to woodsballers and woodsballers dont believe in the "pray and spray" rule.

Edited by evil_fingers
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
The Ho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2004 at 10:19pm
i think that they are way too expensive. i play woodsball and i dont shoot much but the price gets to ya after a while.
I LIKE BIKES!
Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Took down Mike Tyson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2004 at 10:28pm
buy in bulk.  its cheaper, maybe not by much but it is still a few bucks less.  and im not trying to be sarcastic or flame you when i say this, but have you ever thought about how much it costs to produce paintballs?  i honostly dont know, and im not sure what type of machinery they use to create paintballs, but i can tell you one thing.  im sure it isnt cheap to mass produce them.
The desire for polyester is just to powerful.
The Ho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2004 at 12:04am
but i bet that they are making a big profit because of how high the prices are.
I LIKE BIKES!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2004 at 12:15am

Originally posted by The Ho The Ho wrote:

i think that they are way too expensive. i play woodsball and i dont shoot much but the price gets to ya after a while.

Jus do what me and my friends do man, go once a month, wit that you'll be able to save up and get a case of paint of 1000 or even 2000 wit no problem but, then again my friends are nutty in their own right, when we play a couple of the guys will buy at least 5 cases of 2000, jus to make sure everyone on our woodsball team has all their pods full and have still lots left over.

And The Ho, I dont remember if it was you that I mention to that I was gonna paint my marker but, if you wasnt the one, Imma show it any way

Edited by evil_fingers
The Ho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2004 at 2:00am
that is sweet evil_fingers! why not paint the trigger guard and the asa? that would give it the full effect. i dont know if i was the one that you told because i talk to alot of people about painting and powdercoating and anodizeing markers but im glad you showed me anyway.
I LIKE BIKES!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2004 at 2:26am
I didnt paint the trigger guard and the asa because the paint will chip away alot faster than any part of the gun and since the time I took that pic, Ive added a black aluminum stock, it sits between the bottom of the grip and the asa....I'll post up another pic when I get another Smart Media card fer my digital camera, the previous card crapped out on me fer no reason.
The Ho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Ho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2004 at 10:40pm
sweet
I LIKE BIKES!
Stewie View Drop Down

Giving a bad name to a great cartoon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stewie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2004 at 12:22am
Originally posted by evil_fingers evil_fingers wrote:

The reason why them paintball manufacturers are raisin up the prices on their balls is because of the "high demand of quality balls", due to them paintball slingin speedballers shootin 10,000+ in one whole day compared to woodsballers and woodsballers dont believe in the "pray and spray" rule.

first its spray and pray secondly speedball has helped the paintball industry alot its the reason that there are so many products/different kinds of hoppers alot of companies that make and sell paint also sell other paintball items/brass eagle making paint and aggitated hoppers, also electronic guns, if it wasnt for speedball paintball wouldnt be as popular or as diverse as it now is, also the reason paint prices are high is supposed to be something like china got a bad cotten patch i guess I read that in pb2x i think but im pretty sure the real reason is supply and demand

http://www.tippmanntorment.20megsfree.com/ check it
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic