Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Paint grenades

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strosstruppen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paint grenades
    Posted: 08 September 2004 at 11:46pm
My friends and I have been experimenting with home-made paint grenades, and granted they are a little crude we have had some success with them.  Though it is easy to go to the store and just buy them, (even Wal Mart has the Tippmann grenades now) I am a bit strapped  for cash as I work in the office of a grocery store and have been forced to make my own. 

My good friend Robert made a paint grenade powered by pool chlorine tablets and rubbing alcohol, but that produces a rather nasty gas and I think we'd all like to stay away from biological warfare in paintball.  I made some grenades that resemble the German steilhandgranates, or stick hand grenades, better known as potatoe mashers.  You take 2 cheap paper cups and tape them together, one with 3 M-1000s with fuses tied together and the other full of paintballs.  I attach a toilet paper or paper towel tube to the M-1000 end to make it easier to throw and carry.  They work very well when the charges all detonate at the same time, scattering fractured paintballs in a 15 to 20 ft radius with an effective "kill" range of 10 ft.  Even if they went off in your hand, the most they could do is scare you because the duck tape eliminates any would-be paper shrapnel.  I haven't tested them in a real game yet, and the fact that they take a good bit of prep work makes me hesitant to use them.

Has anyone had any success with a home-made paint grenade, or do you have any ideas for how to improve my current one?
All those poets on all those worlds wrote of war as such an unsightly thing; they have not seen this.
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2004 at 1:53am
explosives are not advised.

You can make squad busters from surgical tubing, which can be found at any hardware store. Remember that when pressureized the tubing almost triples in length.
Spitfire'39 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spitfire'39 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2004 at 1:10pm
No explosives will be allowed at most organized fields.

The Light of Things Hoped For...
whack-a-mole View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Member of the "I Have No Life Club"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whack-a-mole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2004 at 2:00pm
yeah, explosives aren't a good idea. i've tried redoing the squad busters, but not much luck on that.
NASA and the Americans spent millions of dollars and hundreds of hours to develop a pen that would write in space.....The Russians used a pencil.
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2004 at 7:27pm
I think it is a good idea, but a very risky one at that. Using any type of explosive or anything with a fuse at that in paintball is a bit over the limit. Sure it's fun to do, but there is always a chance something goes wrong. Nice though.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
OldSkoolBaller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSkoolBaller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2004 at 2:57pm
I just wish Tippmann could make their Squadbuster as reliable as the rest of their products.
"We do it until our balls break!"

A5 w/ E-grip (APE Rampage board) & JCS Trigger,
Outkast 'cocker w/ mucho upgrades
cripple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cripple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2004 at 6:52pm
check out http://www.addictedtopaintball.com/refillable_grenades/ its a kit to refill tippmann squad busters
98God View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Ya, the joke did get you Strike 1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2004 at 8:36pm
god were you and you friend dropped on your heads?...the one with chlorine can kill you if you didnt realize....and your grenades with the explosives...extremely bad idea....are you looking to blow someones hand off?
Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Took down Mike Tyson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2004 at 9:30pm
hes experimenting, i apploud is efforts but the explosives may not be the safest.  i would say just take a water baloon, or if you want put one inside another than fill the inside one up so theres a lesser chance of it blowing up on you while running around.
The desire for polyester is just to powerful.
DontlikeThe98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DontlikeThe98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2004 at 7:11pm
personaly I think a good idea is to download the Anarchist cookbook look up land mind and adapt it to paint... not that hard to do...
jscool99 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jscool99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2004 at 5:21pm

in similar designs to a tipman squad buster, take a regular or water balloon, fill it w/ paint,   fold the  nek of the ballon down, like the squad buster, put a soda bottle cap over it w/ 2 holes in the sides, then take a codder pin put a key ring threw it and slip it threw the holes in the cap, or just fill water ballons w/ paint, i have a ? how the hell do you pressuerize paint to fill a grenage??????????

w/ the efforts and price in mind of explosives, paper cups and paintballs used in a fake potato masher, just save yourself your fingers and some frustration and treat ur self to a real grenade

-jacob-
m98 sollid sniper stock
m98 custom rubber fore grip
14" custom products barrel
vl 2000 el hopper
vl hunters cammo slip cover
32 deg remote line
32 deg 4+1 pack
Hubb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2004 at 1:54pm

If you do decide to use these things on a field, ho 'bout going to that other guy's basement.

Hubb
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic