Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rain-X For Fog Treatment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98a5cobra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rain-X For Fog Treatment
    Posted: 09 September 2004 at 4:54pm
ok i am new to this so all i want to know is can the rainx for treatment be used on the googles or not and if not then what would be best to use i play alot of woodball and the humidity is high alot here so googles fog all the time
Firemansam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Firemansam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2004 at 9:53am
We over in the uk use JT PLEXUS goggle cleaner to get the lense clean and smear free to start with then we use anti fog spray by V FORCE. If that dont help you could try and fit a JT VORTEX cyclonic fan system this will help as it can draw air in and out of the mask.
The best place to ask is a paintball shop as they should have all the gear that you could ever need
hope this is of some help
whoknowswho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whoknowswho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2004 at 1:26pm
Buy a thermal lens. It is much simpler, much easier to maintain, and will eventually save you money. I would not reccommend putting any strange chemicals on goggle lenses. They are pretty sensitive. Go to http://www.countypaintball.com if you have a common brand.

Edited by whoknowswho
JohnnyHopper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I.O.U. a punch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyHopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2004 at 2:36pm
Rain-X or anything with ammonia is a bad idea. If you can't afford a new mask with a thermal lens, gut a pc cpu fan and make a mask fan. Just make sure you do not cut openings for the fan in your mask, use the existing vents.
My shoes of peace have steel toes.
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2004 at 8:45pm
Ive used Rain X on my goggles but, I only applied it on the outside, fer the inside I usually jus spit on it and wipe it off and it has never fogged up on me at all during 90* weather.
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
sniperman98c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sniperman98c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2004 at 1:01pm
ive had the same problem and one of the easy ways to fix this is the jt vortex fan.  Its not the cheapest ways to do it but it works.
My set up:
Tippmann 98 custom,
x-chamber,R/T,18in dye boomb stick, and a tippmann GTA 14in sniper, custom paintjob.
RockinPorsche View Drop Down
Strike 1: Inappropriate Sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RockinPorsche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2004 at 11:05am
Ok if you don't have a thermal lense (even if you do you can still use it) the best stuff is called FogTech. It works FLAWLESSLY. Apply this stuff... lasts for a good week or two. A little pricey, but it is fantastic, it NEVER fogs on me at all. I tested it on my mirror in my bathroom and i took a shower, no fog at all. AND it lasted for 2-3 weeks. Here's the site: FogTech

Picture of yours truly

Call me Moses.
A-5 auto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 auto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2004 at 5:45pm

im goin to use fogx

Hey howd you do that?! Your funny hahaha shut up! FAPM forumers against Popemobile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic