Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > New Player Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

different feeds

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chaos_Lord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: different feeds
    Posted: 10 September 2004 at 8:14am
like what is the difference when it says vertical feed autococker. Like does that mean it feeds paint vertically??? can i gun feed paint horizontally??? Like how woudl you make a gun into a vertical feed gun??? and is vertical feed good?
Krustee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krustee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2004 at 9:34am

Seriously...what's with the use of "like"?!  Have they stopped teaching grammar in schools?

Anyway, this is something you should easily be able to look up on your own.  The older autococker models used to have the balls feed in at an angle, usually called a right feed.  I'm not positive but I don't think that anything made after 2k or 2k1 is a right feed; they're all vertical feeds now.  You'll also see that some other manufacturers, like AGD/Automag and Kingmann/Spyder, used to use a "power feed".  It was a feed off of the left, that came down to a breech on the right side of the chamber.  What made it a 'power' feed?  I have no idea. 

I think the original reason for having the hopper feed from an angle was simply that people naturally sight their shots from the top of the gun and down the barrel...so they were moving the feed out of the way.  Obviously they figured out that it makes the gun wider than necessary and people can easily sight from the left or right of a vertical feed.

Making it a vertical feed?  Well, unless you have a machine shop, you won't be making anything...you purchase it that way.  It's either a vertical feed or it isn't.

Chaos_Lord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chaos_Lord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2004 at 10:31am

That is like awesome. just kidding with the likes. but thanks for the explaining this to me. I promise to fix my grammar.

LordJovian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordJovian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2004 at 10:49am

Yes, you can feed paint horizontally. It's called the Cyclone Feed System, patented in 1993 with the Factory F/A and actually didn't see widespread (read:any) use until the A-5 hit the market with the Cyclone.

A-5
E-grip
Chipley Custom Carbon Graphite 16"
Evil Adapter(Spyder)
32 Deg New '03 XChamber
Remote Line
Gun Sling
Sniper f/x Stock
LPK
68/4500 HPA
R-5
CP Reg
JCS Duel Trigger
PuPz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PuPz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2004 at 11:36am
u can make any gun a vert feed if you work at it KP customs
does center( vert) feeds for 98c's rufus dawg makes a kit,you
just have to do the cutting work or pay them 50 to do it for you
I wanna live in H-town
•Netch•
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic