Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

i need to know how to make a ghillie suit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
waarp8nt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waarp8nt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2004 at 9:01pm

I had my mom sew one up for me out of that burlap camoflage.  The Burlap can be purchased at Wal-mart, Bass Pro, Cabella's, ect. & there is enough material for a top and bottom.  The left over material can be zip-tied to verious parts of the gun for a ghillie effect. 

Have it patterned after a hooded pull over sweat shirt or one of those American Indian pull over hooded horse blanket shirt/jacket things. Make it a size or two big as to give it a wrinked affect when worn.

All we play alot in the woods and this suit works great.  I have gotten some unbelieveable close kills with it.

Total Cost is about $15.00

A-5 auto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 auto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2004 at 7:43pm
just go buy one
Hey howd you do that?! Your funny hahaha shut up! FAPM forumers against Popemobile
Jeet Kune Do View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeet Kune Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2004 at 4:45pm
Ive never made one, but ive looked into this a couple times. There are different ways to make ghillie suits, and the one i think is the best is the one that marine snipers use. It really depends on how much money you want to spend on making this. Since i dont really want to get into detail ill give you a website. http://www.geocities.com/stalker217/ghillie/

Also remeber it doesnt make you invisible, but if you can use it right you will be close to it. Also if you really want to hide(ive learned this from marines) and you smoke stop, becouse they can smell you and dont use really smell soaps and such. Also since this is for paintball remeber you wear a mask so dont wear something that pushes on it and you dont need face paint couse your wearing a mask.

Also if you want to sneak what i have learned(came from a master of ninjistu(spelling)) when you walk place one foot forward but dont put any wait on it. Place it all the way on the ground then transfer the wait on to it. Also rember if you are in the woods(wich you probably will be) if there are suppose to be noises even little ones you dont have to be as carefull, but dont over do it.

Edited by Jeet Kune Do
Helmut12289 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Helmut12289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2004 at 4:14pm
Take a pair of old BDU's (camo clothes) and sew some fish netting on to them.  Then take strips of cloth (green, black, brown etc.) and tie them to the netting.  Thats the simplest way to make one.  Thats pretty much what i did and its awsome.
Axe in the head, early to bed, Axe in the helmet, a thanks to Helmut... and I support Bush! So there.
A-5 auto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 auto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2004 at 3:45pm
u **edited** sniper!!
Hey howd you do that?! Your funny hahaha shut up! FAPM forumers against Popemobile
98 nitro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98 nitro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2004 at 3:42pm
if anybody knows how to make a ghillie suit tell me b/c i play senario games and i need some camo some heavy camo b/c im a sniper and if u know how to make a ghillie suit for a gun then tell me b/c i got an silver 98 custom thanx
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic