Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

i need to know how to make a ghillie suit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Guested - Troll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chronzak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2004 at 1:27pm
I agree with rustic, and if anyone wants to argue about whether there really is sniping in paintball, be my guest.

Ghille suits are pointless

Also, anyone who states there name and group/team at the end of every thing they say is an idiot

Edited by chronzak
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has to say "yes" to "are you a cop?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2004 at 1:41pm
Be careful here gentlemen.
?

TheOperators View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheOperators Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2004 at 2:26pm

I never said i wear mine all the time, i play all forms of paintball, sniper included, even the occasional speedball, and it is pointless "in certain games". i originally posted here to help someone make thier ghillie suit and a couple of you came in just to put down, or disrespect someone becuase they don't play yer stlye or whatever, thats not why we are here, and you call me an idiot, listen chronzak, you don't even know me so you are in no place to make such a judgement, i state my name becuase there is more than 1 Operator, and im the only one with a computer with the internet so instead of makeing seperate names we just state our name at the end of the post so thier is no confusion, and we state our team becuase all of us are proud to be Operators, we train and practice hard everyweek to get to where we are, and strive to make if fun and safe for EVERYONE.

The point of all this is, and it is what you are missing, is that if you didn't post here to help this guy make his ghillie suit, you shouldn't have posted here in the first place.

Matt

TheOperators

"Those who fear being conquered, are sure of defeat"

"The most deadly thing on the battlefield is one well-aimed shot."
Reb Cpl View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has to say "yes" to "are you a cop?"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reb Cpl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2004 at 2:47pm

If you want to play that way, then technically I shouldnt have posted in here either.

Right?

If people were chastized for posting things in the threads that had nothing to do with the title, then there'd be no foruming at all.

?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheOperators Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2004 at 2:53pm

no your obviously the "regulator" you can post when and wherever you want to, im just saying they shouldn't have posted in here, off topic, just to put someone down and disrespect them on thier idea, the guy wanted some help on his ghillie suit from some peeps that maybe knew a little more about it then he did, is that what he got?

I guess some people just can't say anything without disrespecting soemoene else, unless of course thier talking about them.

Matt

TheOperators

waarp8nt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waarp8nt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2004 at 8:10pm

Hey Everybody,  I think many of us have lost the point here!  If you look at 98 nitro's profile, you'd see he is like 14 yrs old, with 5 posts and he simply asked a question.  The question was how to make a ghillie suit, NOT who can flame the most!  

FACTS;  Sniper is a loose term in Paintball anyway!  It basically means to eleminate an enemy without being seen.  NO MATTER WHAT THE RANGE!  Ballistically paintballs suck......period.  I love the game, but you are not going to get a 1/2 mile shot, as a USMC sniper may.  

Yes, I have a Ghillie suit.  NO, I do not use it very often. 

My Dad's land was logged about 30 years ago, then it had cattle on it, so there are small trees and sapplings.  A ghillie suit is pointless there as it will just get snagged on multiplier roses, black locus, and other hazards.  It is also, pointess in Close Quarters Combat situations.  Where I still use my Ghillie is at a friends parent's land, it has never been logged, large trees and little underbrush.  It is effective enough that others complain when I use it (obviously it must work).

I personally think the term SNIPER should be thought of as its Webster's Dictionary definition; "to shoot at people from a hidden position" , Especially when it comes to paintball!

Edited by waarp8nt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheOperators Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2004 at 10:09pm

Agreed.

Matt

TheOperators

Rustic View Drop Down
Chances are, I’m right.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rustic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2004 at 8:14am

Alright, to the initiator of this thread, you have my apologies for not directly answering your question.

To the rest of you, I'm sure you'll come to someday. 
Don't bother replying to me, I'm done with this thread to avoid any further conflict.

In my 22 years I've never seen people get so uptight about a technicality and so defensive of a hollywood induced heroic ideology as I have on this forum.

**Sheesh** Lighten up.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheOperators Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2004 at 1:51pm

My apologies as well, im not here to make any enemy's or cause any problems, Im 22 also, don't watch many movies but i do read alot of books, in fact alls i ever seem to do is work and read....and play paintball. Marine Sniper beeing one of my favorites, maybe thats where i get my ideology.

Matt

TheOperators

CyanideX View Drop Down

Guested: Another tard we don’t want

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyanideX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2004 at 1:57pm
Or you can just buy one for 70 bucks.
Woodsball is better.
Lt. BUTCHER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lt. BUTCHER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2004 at 11:09pm

if you have the right skills and equipement you dont need a guillie suit heck you could wear some of the lightest clothes and still be concieled after eliminating half the enemy but yet a guilli suit never slowed my team down at all so go for it.it would save you a large bit of frustration to just fo buy one though

Edited by Lt. BUTCHER
reincarnation14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reincarnation14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2004 at 11:14pm
or better yet instead of gluin them to ur self y dont u stapple some twigs and leaves to ur self....just b carefull in the genitle areas
Diablo Mongoose 2
18in CP Barrel
adjustdable feedneck
FAPM-Formers Againts Pope Mobile

The South WILL Rise Again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reincarnation14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2004 at 11:16pm
or u could just run out and b like "DIE U STUPID S.O.B.'S AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!" and just start shootin in every direction that way u dont have to worry about makin a ghillie suit
Diablo Mongoose 2
18in CP Barrel
adjustdable feedneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reincarnation14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2004 at 11:19pm
rustic.......dude........**edited**
Diablo Mongoose 2
18in CP Barrel
adjustdable feedneck

PaintballkidEPS View Drop Down

Strike 2 - F-Bomb in Avatar (08/21)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintballkidEPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2004 at 6:53am
ive got the easiest way for gun, mask ,and u just take a mesh net if u have one or a military camp cover net sum ppl call em and cut it in half because they are huge then cut off sum pieces of one part and tie strap em to the holes in ur mask , tie some pieces to silender shaped with a whole in the middle and slide it on ur barrel like a Trojan Man! then cut some parts on each side of the piece without the pieces taken off cut some pieces to make wholes for ur arms and head and let it drape down ur legs it shouldnt be too long and then after uve got ur head and arms through put on ur mask and grab ur gun or u can just let the whole thing drape over ur body and poke ur gun barrel through the wholes on the mesh net and vwalla u have a ghilli suit (i made one of these and it works great)
-Monoxide- View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -Monoxide- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2004 at 8:43pm
Well, if you want a high quality ghillie, get the 'Paintball Sniper Suit' from http://www.bushrag.com , They've got some high quality stuff on there, and to the people who say the ghillie suit wouldn't match the surrounding perfectly: ghillie suits should only be 30% jute/burlap, and 70% natural vegetation, that means stick plant leaves/tall grass into the netting, so it actually should match relatively well, no matter where you're playing, so meh.
Oh and warp8nt, I like your style
I spray, you pray.
Unicorn View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unicorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2004 at 12:34pm
Start with a pair of coveralls, or the jacket (the "shirt") from a pair of BDU's. Sew on a mesh, like fishing net. Take some burlap sandbags, or burlap cloth in green, brown, and tan. Cut them into strips about a foot long. Now comes the time consuming part. Start pulling jute. Jute is the string that makes up the burlap. You don't want to pull the strips completely apart since that would make it impossible to sew onto the netting. Sew the ends onto the netting, varying the colors. A jacket will take you something like 10-20 hours to make to standard.
scenarioballer7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scenarioballer7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2004 at 1:50pm
www.ghilliesuits.com , great products. just buy a kit and put it on the back of a pair of BDU's. although I must say I have never used my ghillie suit for paintball, there is simply no need. it greatly hinders movement, and restricts vision. when ever I play woods I just use BDU's, works great and you can move. if you find a good spot to hide(if thats your thing)you dont need a ghillie suit anyway.
04 Vision SH((0))CKER with << otherstuff>>
♦♠♣☻☺○•♣╒&nb sp;     562;846T╚"‼¼,ÿX>±▲»
MacGyver's little NinJa

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reincarnation14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2004 at 2:00pm

i kinna agree and kinna dont, u dont really need one unless ur gunna do like a scenario cuz i will admit i have played lots of scenarios and i have got scars to prove ghuille suits will help but like if ur just playin wit friends in tha woods u really dont need it

Diablo Mongoose 2
18in CP Barrel
adjustdable feedneck

Kirdro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirdro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2004 at 6:10pm
From looking at your postings and checking your links, it looks to me like it would be easier to go and buy one, and then take it out to your field to match the colors with natural veggies. I have never used one, but i have had them used against me, i am definately going to try one.  Oh, and one more thing. flatlines give you about 100+ yards of fire. accurately.
Hey, didn't I see you riding the short bus, wearing a helmet, and licking the windows?

A-5, Response trigger, Flatline, Soon to own a expansion chamber.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic