Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A Idea! Well sort of...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fast Splat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Idea! Well sort of...
    Posted: 20 September 2004 at 5:15pm

Well i am not sure if this is an idea or not... but here it is.

I have a bunch of friends that play paintball. Like 20 to 25.

They really don't know how to do much or how to fix there guns.

So i have an idea to open like a little shop to fix Paintball guns.

I have alot of old gear from my brother who stopped playing about a year ago to get married. I have like 3 masks and some pods packs and stuff.

I would open the shop real small with just some parts and stuff and work my way up.

We have a loft like 10ft. by 20ft. maybe a little less that i could put a old couch a small TV and get some Paintball videos.

So do you guys think I should open a small place to fix my friends painball guns?

**MY SETUP!**
WGP 04 ProStock Autococker
Worrblade
Delrin Bolt
**SOON TO COME**
Nexus Ram & QEV's
CP Shorty Reg
CP On/Off & Rail System
And some other cool stuff!!
Fast Splat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fast Splat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2004 at 5:35pm

Okay. Just Pretend i am someone else.

"I think that's a great idea. When can i get my gun fixed? Wow you are the coolest guy ever!"

Okay this was clearly just to make me feel better about my thread.

Thanx. For your time.

**MY SETUP!**
Worrblade
Delrin Bolt
**SOON TO COME**
Nexus Ram & QEV's
CP Shorty Reg
CP On/Off & Rail System
jigglydude View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
My title got <krl>’ed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jigglydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2004 at 7:38pm
Not a bad idea, dont count on it growing into some major buisness though. I personaly do all my work for free if im working on a friends gun, I even gave one some dye stickies i had lying around.
Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Took down Mike Tyson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2004 at 7:43pm
I like the idea, but as jigglydude said, it probably wont go very far until you intend on putting money into your idea, and more effort.
The desire for polyester is just to powerful.
TheOperators View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheOperators Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2004 at 10:31am

What happened to just helping friends out when they are in need??

Matt

TheOperators

"Those who fear being conquered, are sure of defeat"

"The most deadly thing on the battlefield is one well-aimed shot."
Rustic View Drop Down
Chances are, I’m right.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rustic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2004 at 1:19pm

Yeah, I wouldn't charge your friends for anything you need to do, unless you need to order parts for them.

jigglydude View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
My title got <krl>’ed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jigglydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2004 at 8:05pm
I pesonaly enjoy working on differant guns. It's always cool to take apart a new type of gun or even a variation of another gun you have worked with. I have a bit of a gun cleaning obsession.
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2004 at 8:10pm
Sounds good. Friends should be free. As for people in your area/school, now thats another story.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
waarp8nt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waarp8nt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2004 at 8:36pm

^^^^^^^^   These dude's are right.  I have done something like you are talking about in a corner of the basement.  Fill CO2, fix markers, but don't charge your friends unless you have to.  You have to charge for new parts ordered, as it shouldn't cost you to help them out.  A few words of advise about friends, collect the $$$ when you order parts.  Then you don't have to keep hitting your buddy up for the money or look like a jerk for holding his/her unrepaired marker until you are paid. 

I think we all have a deadbeat buddy or two .

whack-a-mole View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Member of the "I Have No Life Club"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whack-a-mole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2004 at 10:27am
i agree with sinisterNorth. i work with co2 and a friend works on markers, we don't charge our friends for our service. cool, though.
NASA and the Americans spent millions of dollars and hundreds of hours to develop a pen that would write in space.....The Russians used a pencil.
CyanideX View Drop Down

Guested: Another tard we don’t want

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyanideX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2004 at 1:56pm
Or you can just tell you're friends to fix their own guns, if they don't know how to fix their own guns then they don't need them. Thats only if its something small like their ball detent is in backwards and they dont know it, or their bolt o-rings are shot. I could see it differently if something major was wrong. Other then that, have fun with you're old couch and T.V.
Woodsball is better.
Fast Splat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fast Splat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2004 at 5:30pm

Ya' i wouldn't really charge my friends for fixing if it's a small job, but if it's like refurbishing and putting alot of parts in then i might charge them.

Thanks guys.

I even might fill CO2.

Ya' and i don't relly plan on the whole thing turning into a major corperation with 400 factories over the US.

Just want to fix stuff.

Thanx.

**MY SETUP!**
Worrblade
Delrin Bolt
**SOON TO COME**
Nexus Ram & QEV's
CP Shorty Reg
CP On/Off & Rail System
TippmannPro13 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannPro13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2004 at 9:27am
Originally posted by Fast Splat Fast Splat wrote:

Well i am not sure if this is an idea or not... but here it is.

I have a bunch of friends that play paintball. Like 20 to 25.

They really don't know how to do much or how to fix there guns.

So i have an idea to open like a little shop to fix Paintball guns.

I have alot of old gear from my brother who stopped playing about a year ago to get married. I have like 3 masks and some pods packs and stuff.

I would open the shop real small with just some parts and stuff and work my way up.

We have a loft like 10ft. by 20ft. maybe a little less that i could put a old couch a small TV and get some Paintball videos.

So do you guys think I should open a small place to fix my friends painball guns?

Sounds like a great idea. I have my own paintball busssiness, It's awesome, I sell anything from paintballs, to guns. And also fix guns. Mine is also in my loft. I actually get pretty good bussiness. I say go for it!! have fun !!!!

Bonestock98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonestock98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2004 at 1:16pm
Sounds like a nice little weekend job.

F.A.T.T.S.W.F.A.-Forumers Against Things That Start With "Forumers Against"
ItalianoGuy04 View Drop Down
Strike 1, lewd questions, 2/9

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ItalianoGuy04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2004 at 1:39pm
sure don't let the cops bust you and your friends may not be ur friends anymore if you start charging them..

Supe'd up Spyda Victor, don't like it, don't care
LordJovian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordJovian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2004 at 8:13pm
One of my buddies is thinking of opening an actual store. I have a few ideas and since none of you are near where I live I'll share some ideas.
You know those .68 caliber furry Velcro balls? We're thinking of a setup where out display guns will all have the remote line ends in the ASA and a big HPA/ Nitro tank setup at a target range and using those balls to do a "try before you buy" setup. Also, we plan on to contact a local CnC machining shop into contracting some extra work. That way, after we check on our high speed internet for a part that isn't made, or a custom job, we can say "Yeah, we partnered with a machinist shop, and we can do it for a fee," instead of turning them away without helping them. We also plan to actually type up some pamphlets on gun maintenance, starting out with just general maintenance to actual specific guns (all that we sell, and some for BE's). It's much to painful standing in line and watching some little twelve year old get an A-5 (or Cocker/ Shocker, etc.) and know that hes going to destroy it (doesn't everyone destroy their first gun?). We've also got a bunch more ideas, but the way we thought of these was by going into a pro shop, asking a few questions (or waiting 30 minutes for the guy to get off the phone with his girlfriend) and thinking about what sucked about each place. We've found that the same pro shops will change the barrel bore of their barrels, based on who's working. So, we plan to categorize our barrels nicely by Threading and Bore. We also plan to open 1 case of each type of paint and actually determine the bore sizes. We know there's paintball charts, but most of what I found are outdated.

Edited by LordJovian
A-5
E-grip
Chipley Custom Carbon Graphite 16"
Evil Adapter(Spyder)
32 Deg New '03 XChamber
Remote Line
Gun Sling
Sniper f/x Stock
LPK
68/4500 HPA
R-5
CP Reg
JCS Duel Trigger
Mehs View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
An Hero

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2004 at 10:35pm
Needs more expansion, like start selling, become a dealer, so you can sell, and even have people rent stuff, for their own use wherever.
[IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/1538fbc.jpg">
Squeeze Box
ih8rebels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ih8rebels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2004 at 8:13am
if you want to make money at it, try hooking up with a field in your area to get some business on the side, that way you dont look like your trying to make money off your buds.
A5 dude15 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested Pottymouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5 dude15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2004 at 5:04pm
i would do it especialy if they paid
paintbitter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintbitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2004 at 1:36pm
that would be awesome. also put parrts in for a newbie or someone with no time
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic