Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Which Gun is Best
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lookin to upgrade my playing style!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daviddab03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lookin to upgrade my playing style!!!
    Posted: 22 September 2004 at 5:59pm

ok which gun should i get? this is my current gun vvvvv

should i get a BKO?

or a wgp autococker?

dono wut to get

paintball5111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintball5111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2004 at 6:20pm
bko with blind bolt and a eggy
The Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Stupidity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The  Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2004 at 6:23pm
BKO
Cp
critical
Bob Long
Lengens painball park

Team Rendition
Evil Pirate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evil Pirate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2004 at 8:05pm
search

Not butt pirate!
P8ntblldude View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P8ntblldude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2004 at 8:59pm
dude get the 04.
*Team Compulsive*

Sponsors
*Won-Ago-Biking*
*Curleys Waterfront*

Greg Smith View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Get back in your hole!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2004 at 9:35am
How is a different gun going to change your playing style?
Didn't I say, "No Guns for the Monkey?"
daviddab03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daviddab03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2004 at 2:46pm
woodsball to speedball maybe? <(sarcasm) ive been trying to use ym tippmann for speedball and ive been hating it. Plus i want somthing with more of a retail value.
red_alert102 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red_alert102 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2004 at 3:00pm
lets see the second i played with my angel i played aboout 10 times better than i ever did with my tippmann, i always wondered why snap shooting was so hard its cause i was doing it with giantic tippmann
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v467/paintballa01/d58a8ce5 .gif

Angel Ir3
Cp barrel kit
A4 board
Cobra trigger
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Get back in your hole!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2004 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by red_alert102 red_alert102 wrote:

lets see the second i played with my angel i played aboout 10 times better than i ever did with my tippmann, i always wondered why snap shooting was so hard its cause i was doing it with giantic tippmann

Then you never knew how to play with your Tippmann. My 98 is the same length as an Intimidator. I snap shoot very well with it because I feel comfortable with it. In fact, I measured by 98 against one of the Justice Intimidators. It was one (1) inch longer.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Get back in your hole!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2004 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by daviddab03 daviddab03 wrote:

woodsball to speedball maybe? <(sarcasm) ive been trying to use ym tippmann for speedball and ive been hating it. Plus i want somthing with more of a retail value.

98s are perfectly fine for speedball. But if you want to simply spend money then break a leg junior.
2k4kev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Jumping...is useless!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2k4kev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2004 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by Greg Smith Greg Smith wrote:

Then you never knew how to play with your Tippmann. My 98 is the same length as an Intimidator. I snap shoot very well with it because I feel comfortable with it. In fact, I measured by 98 against one of the Justice Intimidators. It was one (1) inch longer.

he is using an angel which is prolly a few inches shorter than a tippy.. Intimidator - Tippmann comparison... useless

Edited by 2k4kev

KH ARMY>you
Smitty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Murdock ... I’m comin’ ta get YOU!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2004 at 5:15pm
angle speed!!! i want one.. im poor though. or the DM4 looks like a good gun. hehe i sound like a newb(well i still kinda am) (kinda) but out of those i'd go with these guys. these guys know their stuff on paintball.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Get back in your hole!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greg Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2004 at 8:14am
Originally posted by 2k4kev 2k4kev wrote:

he is using an angel which is prolly a few inches shorter than a tippy.. Intimidator - Tippmann comparison... useless

The point was that he could not play with a tippmann due to its size. It wasn't the size though as many people play very well with guns the same size. It was his inability to play with the gun itself.

As for me, I'm no better with an Intimidator than a Tippmann.
Sargent Duck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sargent Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2004 at 7:19pm
Last week I saw a guy with a Tippmann 98 (no upgrades what-so-ever) take on a lot of higher end guns. (shockers). He held his own really good. The gun's not going to make you better. In terms of playing style, ya, you'll change. When you play with a tippmann, I call this playing with skill. It takes skill to knock out a guy using an angel, or oracle. Now, if you upgrade to a really high end gun, I call this playing with statistics. Your chances of hitting someone are directly proportiante to how much paint you shoot at them. more paint = better chances. Now, before I get flamed, this is just a general thing. I have a freind with a shocker that is amazing. He absolutely dominates, and he goes through very little paint.

After having said all this, get the BKO
@5 M@$T@ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote @5 M@$T@ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2004 at 9:33pm
go with an orracle. theyre badass
I'm going to the darkside...
vftactical2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vftactical2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2004 at 9:43pm

isnt it amazing that when you ask a question either people dont answer it and ignore and just look or they find something to argue about and try just not to answer your question

id get the 04 vert and a new trigger frame like a chipley j2 or hybrid frame and possibly a new barrel

vf tactical, tactical kaner kit, worrgames unimount, evolution hopper,and pmi 3000psi tank,shocktech beaver tail,e2 frame,
ritzblitz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ritzblitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2004 at 3:32pm

cocker

ItalianoGuy04 View Drop Down
Strike 1, lewd questions, 2/9

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ItalianoGuy04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2004 at 4:03pm
you need to put over a grand into an autococker in order to make it decent...

Supe'd up Spyda Victor, don't like it, don't care

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red_alert102 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2004 at 5:17pm

The point was that he could not play with a tippmann due to its size. It wasn't the size though as many people play very well with guns the same size. It was his inability to play with the gun itself.

Well it had a 68 tank and a 14 in profile plus the huge hopper on the side so that is probally why.  My angel is a little different i got a small drop and my eggy is sticking out the side like on the tippmann so that is probally why.

Angel Ir3
Cp barrel kit
A4 board
Cobra trigger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote red_alert102 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2004 at 5:18pm

[QUOTE=red_alert102] lets see the second i played with my angel i played aboout 10 times better than i ever did with my tippmann, i always wondered why snap shooting was so hard its cause i was doing it with giantic tippmann

Well it had a 68 tank and a 14 in barrel plus the huge hopper on the side so that is probally why.  My angel is a little different i got a small drop and my eggy is sticking out the side like on the tippmann so that is probally why.

Edited by red_alert102

Angel Ir3
Cp barrel kit
A4 board
Cobra trigger
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic