Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Paintball Idea...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phear_Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paintball Idea...
    Posted: 12 October 2004 at 5:47pm
If they filled the outer edge of the paintball mostly with say jello or some other soft material and have a core of liquid fill. Sortve like a 3-piece golfball. Would that not take out alot of the "liquid" factor of paintball. I personally think that making paintballs like this would increase accuracy, consistency of the paintball shape and maybe even distance. What do you guys think?

I play Americas Army Hooah!!
Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I’ll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2004 at 5:53pm
Nah... paintballs are fine how they Are... All that Jello shell would do is soften the ball up, and cause lots of breaks.
BaziAD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaziAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2004 at 5:54pm
It would also reduce the chance of breaking and decrease the mark on the target.

§ 98 Custom Fund $0/$149.28 §
Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Took down Mike Tyson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2004 at 6:06pm
It would increase ball breaks, and because of the jellotan type coating, it would decrease accuracey not only because it is not as slick through the barrel, but becaus it would deform many times while flying through the air.
The desire for polyester is just to powerful.
Phear_Mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phear_Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2004 at 6:07pm

It would still have the outer shell, that it does now. Which would keep the ball from breaking in the barrel. If the "jello" was the right consistency and not the "rubberband jello" the outer shell would break the "jello" and you would have your mark. Though it would be smaller. Can't have your cake and eat it to.

Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Took down Mike Tyson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2004 at 6:09pm
Im not sure i understand.  Basically you want to make a paintball that is filled with a jello type substance?
The desire for polyester is just to powerful.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phear_Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2004 at 6:19pm
Yes with a liquid core to mark the opponent. 3 piece ball. Outer shell, inner shell of jello and liquid core. Sortve like the earth Outer crust, inner crust. and magma core.

Panda Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I’ll feed you to my SNAKE!! METALFACE!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Panda Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2004 at 6:19pm

^ how i understand it.... it goes like this...

It would keep the paint core, then have a softer outer jellotin shell then that would be surronded buy a thin plastic shell... The biggest problem with that is...

1. Paintball would be big(Really big)
  2. there would be alot of bounces.
  3. Those paintballs would be very expensive.
  4. Alot less inter paint.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phear_Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2004 at 6:21pm
It wouldnt have to be no bigger than it is now... just replace liquid gelatin with solid gelatin... We already pay 50+ for a case of paint, whats another 20.

Edited by Phear_Mike

Matty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2004 at 7:55pm
paintballs are like a jello type substance i read this in a book when i started, they used to be oil based though. thats why u can eat paintballs cuz there from a jello substance, but they tast nasty.

Edited by Matty
Fubu shirt-$30
Roca Wear sweatshirt-$50
Sean John hat-$20

realizing your white... priceless
PopeMobile View Drop Down
Guested - Complete idiot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PopeMobile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2004 at 9:07pm
NOO! he means keep the outer shell, put a coat of thicker gelatin on the inside, and have the normal water based paint in the very middle, idiots.
To the pope mobile!!
Monk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2004 at 9:42pm
That sounds really painful.
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2004 at 2:53am
It is painful...its like that paintball (cant remember the name) that came out a few months back but, never sold in large quantities so it was discontinued....it could be shot but, the ball would never break on whatever the user shot at and the only time them balls were to break was at close range and thats somethin everyone hates....nice try but, no dice.
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
Squirrel Master View Drop Down
Official Forum Haiku Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squirrel Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2004 at 3:29pm
ummm you all know that paintball shells are already made of gelatin right?......it's nothing like plastic.......
ROCK IS DEAD!!! Long Live Paper and Scissors
WGP guy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Quoted F and S bomb.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WGP guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2004 at 4:44pm

Originally posted by Matty Matty wrote:

paintballs are like a jello type substance i read this in a book when i started, they used to be oil based though. thats why u can eat paintballs cuz there from a jello substance, but they tast nasty.

we need flavored paintballs

i vote for strawberry flavor first

Travioli View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 2 - Behave or be gone (D4)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Travioli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2004 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by Panda Man Panda Man wrote:

Nah... paintballs are fine how they Are... All that Jello shell would do is soften the ball up, and cause lots of breaks.
red Halo B
Crossfire 68ci4500psi
14" Freak
Red to Black Alias Timmy

evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2004 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by WGP guy WGP guy wrote:

Originally posted by Matty Matty wrote:

we need flavored paintballs

i vote for strawberry flavor first

There isnt any flavored paintballs but, there are scented paintballs...like banana and strawberry.

And why would you want flavored paintballs....are you trying to start a paintball eating contest and the winner gets the runs and case of ex-lax.

Do not steal....the government hates competition!
A-5 Rox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 Rox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2004 at 1:59pm
I think Zap makes a lime flavored or sented paintball.
Setup:
-*A-5*-
-Response Trigger
-Double Trigger
-Flatline Barrel
-Dead On front grip
-Male Palmer Stabalizer
-Remote line

Squirrel Master View Drop Down
Official Forum Haiku Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squirrel Master Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2004 at 4:29pm

Originally posted by A-5 Rox A-5 Rox wrote:

I think Zap makes a lime flavored or sented paintball.

I think Zap paintballs suck.....o yeh....they're still already made of gelatin guys.....

ROCK IS DEAD!!! Long Live Paper and Scissors
spiderV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2004 at 11:03am
WEDGIE
spider
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic