Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

? about painting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintball2885 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ? about painting
    Posted: 17 October 2004 at 9:29pm
I'm trying to paint my gun- I want to know how- if someone could leave me how to or at least a link as to tell me how to, that would be great!
-- from the j-long --

you may not like it, but you d*mn well better respect it!
Skirmish Diehard! Nothing but the best!!! (but coupons are good, though)
Radix View Drop Down

Title Whore

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Radix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2004 at 10:12pm
search...... there was 2 topics about the today and about 20 every week
paintball2885 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintball2885 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2004 at 10:27pm
Did that- didnt help- thats why I asked.  When I searched it brought up a million things that didnt help. 
-- from the j-long --

you may not like it, but you d*mn well better respect it!
Skirmish Diehard! Nothing but the best!!! (but coupons are good, though)
Bango View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Rugged Individualist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 6:06pm
Sand it down a little, apply 2-3 coats of paint, then put on a couple of clear coat layers.
scenarioballer7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scenarioballer7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2004 at 1:41pm

two layers of primer, two layers of color 4 layers of clear. works good but make shure you let each layer dry compleatly otherwise it will feel sticky and soft.

04 Vision SH((0))CKER with << otherstuff>>
♦♠♣☻☺○•♣╒&nb sp;     562;846T╚"‼¼,˙X>±▲»
MacGyver's little NinJa
Fireman130 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fireman130 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2004 at 4:09pm

If your just wanting some ideas, try this site. It's where I got mine.

www.lauerweaponry.com

Never forget the fallen
Fully Camoed A5 with R/T
14 in Whisper barrel
remote
Cobra gear pack
20 oz CO2
BSA scope
Laser sight
Recently aquired Flatline..LOOOVE IT!
Car stock
JCS Bipod
HGROBERTS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HGROBERTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2004 at 5:21pm
tipp98cfreak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tipp98cfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2004 at 5:23pm

This came directly from newbies uber faqs

Q: How do I paint my marker?
A: This is courtsy of UT.
So you wanna paint your marker....

Materials:
1.Steel Wool (optional)
2. Primer
3. Spray Paint
4. Clear Coat
5. Dermal (optional)
6. Tape (optional)

1. Field Strip your marker, take everything out so you just have your receiver halves.
2. Use either a dermal or steel wool to strip off all the paint off your marker (yes the stock tippmann black or silver paint) be sure to get UNDER the marker and the BACK of the marker (these are spots I almost missed)
3. Wipe down your marker with a Wet Cloth to make sure you get all the debris off of it, and to see if you missed any spot where some paint might still be.
4. Tape off your internals so no paint will get on the inside, cover all the holes and everything (this step is optional)
5. Spray about 3-4 LIGHT coats of primer. Let dry. Go back and see if you missed a spot and to be sure both receivers are completely covered with the primer.
6. Spray the spray paint on the marker, about 3-4 coats and let dry. Just like doing the primer but colored. Make sure you got every where on the marker. Make sure the coats are Light and smooth on both receiver halves… let dry
7. Now, Spray both receivers halves with some clear coat, make sure you cover the entire marker. Make the coats light and quick. This should make your marker look a little “shiny” and “smooth”… let dry
8. If your internals were taped off then they should look fine on the inside. If they don’t or you didn’t tape them off then get out your steel wool (EXTRA fine steel wool) or dermal and polish up your internals or just polish it up so the paint, primer or clear coat is gone.
9. Put your newly painted marker together
10. Show off

johnhoham is the winner, no sig requested.
Runner up is DBibeau855:
"Coolest New Forumer"
Kelsey Carter Rocks
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 2:20am
Good God, when will people ever learn how to use the "Seach Button"
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
Cross Fire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cross Fire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2004 at 7:06pm
yea take out all the internals put paper towles in all of the open spots and spray paint it what ever color u want  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic