Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

spray paint

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Forum Wearer of Stupid Clothing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pimptastik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: spray paint
    Posted: 18 October 2004 at 2:57pm
well i want to spray paint my gun and then us that for a while until i get the cash to get it power coated. so spraypaint will work correct?
<no ginormous sigs please>
5ptcontingency View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 5ptcontingency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 3:45pm
for a temporary finish, spray paint will work fine
Bango View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Rugged Individualist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2004 at 5:24pm
I used Rust-O-Leum and it works perfect. Then I put two layers of clear coat.
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2004 at 3:12pm
I would reccomend Krylon or Rust-O-Leum. Spray paint will work fine, just do several coats of both paint and clear coat.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
HGROBERTS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HGROBERTS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2004 at 5:23pm

www.opsgear.com it sprays camo

sinister north cool logo do hicky

hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2004 at 5:30pm
 If you want it to look good while it is like that, buy a metalic paint. The flat paint looks sort of cheesie (I kow this because mine is flat blue). Make sure to put on many coats and let them dry for about half an hour a peice. Then buff the last coat dry before coating it with the clear coat (use about 5 paint coats and 2-3 clear.) I justed used half a can of paint so that i could have plenty of spray paint.
Founder of the "Forumers Against the Ugly Woman Sigs" also known as FAUWS.
pimptastik View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Official Forum Wearer of Stupid Clothing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pimptastik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2004 at 6:20pm
ha i was talking to my cousin and he paints cars. im like u could paint my gun right he was like yeah man. so time to put a shamroc and cross on it. and maybe put AGG across the top
<no ginormous sigs please>
Robert_Hawker View Drop Down
Strike 1, S-bomb 10-7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert_Hawker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2004 at 11:05pm
^^ nice i hope that works out for you but know this if you scratch it i will be a big mess.
Tipp A-5
Opsgear Saw Shroud
Opsgear G36 Folding Stock
16" j&j
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic