Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cheap Paintball Grenades

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheOperators Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cheap Paintball Grenades
    Posted: 19 October 2004 at 11:38am

Here is an idea to make an easy, inexpensive, reliable paintball grenade:

1.1\8in. surgical tubing(as much as you can get, 1 foot makes about 2 nades)

2.Nozzle(I used lids from markers with no holes in the top that are a little bigger than 1\8in. so you have to force the tubing on it)

3.Saftey(I used little model tires, big lego tires will work also)

4.Pin(Paper clips work just fine)

5.Bicycle pump(make sure it's one that tubing can go over, old pumps work best)

6.Paint(any washable paint you can get)

Ok, so you take about 5-6in of tubing, tie off or zip tie one end close.

Then put the tubing over the pump, pull off top of pump and fill with paint, put top back on and push down plunger.(this will put paint into the tubing at a high pressure.)

Pinch and pull off tubing and use something to hold a "kink"(You should now have a nade with about 2in.tubing hanging left over.)

Now you put in the "shower nozzle" so-to-speak for your nade(Drill around 6 small holes or so and force the tubing over the nozzle.)

Now you put a model tire over your kink between the nade and the nozzle and put a pin to hold on that tire.

Now all you have to do is pull that pin and throw, the tire will fly off on impact and force all that paint through you nozzle, you can drill the holes at angles to make it spin. You can also tie a little fishing line from the tire to the not or zip tie on the other end so you don't lose it and can reuse it.

These are only about 50cents to 1dollar to make and work everytime, to many times I have paid 5-6 dollars for a paintball grenade that never even went off when i threw it.....EVER! Never again.

Matt

"Those who fear being conquered, are sure of defeat"

"The most deadly thing on the battlefield is one well-aimed shot."
tipp98cfreak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tipp98cfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2004 at 2:11pm

Hey sounds great.  how long does it takes.

johnhoham is the winner, no sig requested.
Runner up is DBibeau855:
"Coolest New Forumer"
Kelsey Carter Rocks
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2004 at 3:07pm
Sounds like a good idea. Yes, how long does it take to make?? I am also still kind of confused with the whole tire thing.

Edited by sinisterNorth
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
TheOperators View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheOperators Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2004 at 6:16pm

They take about 2-5 minutes to make if that, really simple, you get faster once you get the hang of it. The tire thing: When you fill the nade you have about 4in of the tubing filled with paint, that leaves roughly 2in., you want to take whats left and fold it in half(to create a kink) that fold should fit into the hole in the tire thus preventing it from "un-kinking", then you put a pin to keep the tire from coming off, just pull the pin and throw, if you use the right tire it will not come off till it hits the ground, i picked up a nice bagfull of misc. tires for super cheap at a RC car hobbie store. Again i have tried alot of nades Tippmanns SB's, Bannana Bombs, and a few others i cannot remember the names for, and had piss poor results from them all, and these haven't let me down yet.

Matt

Matt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheOperators Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2004 at 6:20pm

another thing, it is good to hold the kink with some kind of clip, i use one of those black clips for holding a bunch of papers together, a binding clip i think they are called, anyways use one of those to hold the kink while you put on the nozzle, then put on the tire and pin.

I will try to get some pictures up to better show how this is done.

Matt

98 nitro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98 nitro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2004 at 10:36pm
where do i get all of this stuff to make them ,like the surgical tubes, bicycle pumps and stuff like that?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheOperators Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2004 at 11:35pm

I got the surgical tubing at a "buymart" it was in the fishing stuff for some reason, also you can try any place that has medical supplies, like a Norco or something, you can get a bicycle pump just about anywhere, walmart or any other sporting goods store.

Matt

bomberpilot07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bomberpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2004 at 12:56pm
i tried to make a grenade butt i was told to use a large surgical  surenge so if you post pics that could tell me exact how to do it no questions asked.
"OBSESSED IS A WORD THE LAZY USE TO DESCRIBE THE DEDICATED"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheOperators Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2004 at 7:18am

Yea i am trying to get pics for you guys, with the pump you should get one of the older designs, its the basic straight cylinder with a plunger and a hose coming out of the bottom, i just took off the hose, it hooked up to a tapered nipple, you can use that to put your tubing on, exept the tubing will probally be a little bit bigger so using a zip tie to hold it on there might be a good idea, to get the plunger off the top you might have to pull it off hard or screw it off, i have 2 and there both a little different, then fill the cylinder with paint and put the plunger back in and slowly push it down until it feels the grenade to your desired size, hold on to the tubing you don't wanna shoot it off into a big mess.

Matt

MuRdoc18 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
aka ALWAYSRIGHT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MuRdoc18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2004 at 1:23pm
show a pic
Hacker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hacker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2004 at 8:51pm
hey these sound really great! cant wait until you get some pics up. I'm going to go find supplies tomorrow. Wish me luck!
My Stuff:
Tippmann 98 Custom
Flatline Barrel
Response Trigger
JT Spectra w/ Thermals
20oz Pure Energy CO2
---------------------
Comming Real Soon:
Ricochet Apache

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheOperators Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2004 at 12:43pm

I will try to get a picture of them up by this weekend, my webcam is a piece of **edited** so i should have them up by Sunday. And good luck Hacker, if you have anymore questions just ask.

Matt

636andy636 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 636andy636 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2004 at 4:23pm
they look like wet willy paint grenades.

they work ok. just dont over fill them. wen they pop its louddd

also these plans are all over the net

Edited by 636andy636
tipp98cfreak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tipp98cfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2004 at 2:12pm
LCT 125 Found a kit for it    www.addictedtopaintball.com

Edited by tipp98cfreak
johnhoham is the winner, no sig requested.
Runner up is DBibeau855:
"Coolest New Forumer"
Kelsey Carter Rocks
dugiehowser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dugiehowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2004 at 5:57pm
this is much better than the water balloon newb idea
My Setup

Stock Procarb
and
98c
14" JJ Ceramic
Painted Hopper
                      Boring isn't it
paintballpunkGD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintballpunkGD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2004 at 8:42pm
still confused...
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -Voltaire
BigGun View Drop Down
Strike 1: Flaming and general idiocy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigGun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2004 at 12:45am
In the time it takes you to throw a grenade, I can shoot you 20 times. I personally don't think that it's worth it.
A-5 w/ 12IN. Lapco Bigshot.
R/T
20oz. and 16oz. tanks.

98c with 14In. Terminator
14oz. and 9oz. tanks.
nforcer4 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

BANNED

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nforcer4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2004 at 9:06am
stop being so cocky you can throw things when your behind stuff up and over, can you shoot me threw a wall? ....well....sets see it.

Edited by nforcer4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheOperators Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2004 at 9:22am

Yes i play in an urban setting, building to building fighting, they come in handy when you have a room full of guys on the other side of the door. Breach, Bang, and Clear.

Matt

roadrunner0535 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roadrunner0535 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2004 at 9:33am
dude..there r so many ways that r easier...water balloon, strechy gloves(for doctors and so fourth), condom...u just tie a not when ur finished filling them and they break so easy that it don't matter if there no holes
98c seclusion
14" dye ultralite
rufus dawg 2x stick trigg
remote
full-auto mod
My 98C
100% smart parts
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic