Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Just imagine this...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just imagine this...
    Posted: 24 October 2004 at 9:51pm

My apologies, as I'll probably waste your time, but this thought just made me drool. Could we all for a second just imagine if Tippman were to come out with a new line of Milsim markers incorporating a built-in flatline system (perhaps without quite as much curve), and their typical reliability? Markers with Ariakon styling, but Tippy performance and flatline range and accuracy? I know, this isn't likely to happen; Tippy likes cheaper, basic guns with lots of upgrade potential, and yes, you can make some decent milsims out of them- but imagine milsims built from the ground up to incorporate realistic looks and the flatline?

The thought warms my heart. I just had to share it, as I hope a few others can feel the joy I feel.

Edited by brihard
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
98 nitro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98 nitro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2004 at 10:07pm

dude thats an awesome idea it wood be like the ultimate milsim gun. this post is awesome i hope theoperators respond

Edited by 98 nitro
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2004 at 10:11pm
Why?

If you want a milslim gun, make your own.  And a "flatline with less curve" is no flatline.  Without that curve the backspin doesnt happen.
Real Men play Tuba

[IMG]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1859/newsmall6xz.jpg">

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!

DONT CLICK ME!!1
Robert_Hawker View Drop Down
Strike 1, S-bomb 10-7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert_Hawker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2004 at 10:17pm
you can leave the A-5 flatline allone and it still looks great.
Tipp A-5
Opsgear Saw Shroud
Opsgear G36 Folding Stock
16" j&j
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2004 at 10:31pm

A flatline with less curve, but there would still be some. That's just a random thought. Even a lesser degree of backspin would still be beneficial.

Yeah, the As flatline isn't bad, aprticularly for MP5 conversions, but it still places the barrel too high for a true milsim. It would just be nice to see GOOD milsims offering the flatline's performance and Tippman's reliability. Most good milsims based on tippys need straight barrels to pull off the look.

"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

98 nitro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98 nitro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2004 at 10:46pm

because hes like a dude up high in tippmann and he could prob talk to some peeps in tippman about the idea

Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2004 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by 98 nitro 98 nitro wrote:

because hes like a dude up high in tippmann and he could prob talk to some peeps in tippman about the idea

What the  . . .?

I was asking why do it, just get off your bum and make your own.

Edited by Darur
Real Men play Tuba

[IMG]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1859/newsmall6xz.jpg">

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!

DONT CLICK ME!!1
98 nitro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98 nitro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2004 at 11:17pm
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo my bad
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2004 at 2:14am
I've seen a M98 flatline shroud styled like an m16 front. and it looked flawless.
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2004 at 11:31am
Got a link for that? I'd be pretty impressed if they made it fit- The real M16 shroud simply isn't spacious enough to fit a flatline properly, not with the degree of curvein the barrel. I'm very familiar with both the flatline and the M16 style barrel shroud- I'd have to think it would be tweaked somewhat.

Ariakon_Eagle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ariakon_Eagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2004 at 5:57pm

Just to let you guys know there the ariakon markers are just as good if not better then a tippy with flatline(or other barrels). They just came out with the SIM-15 which is a sim-4 but has taken some features(not performance)away and a little bit of its looks but still looks great.

You call the Eagle, Eagle does the rest.
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2004 at 10:06pm
The SIM-15 is a budget version of the SIM 4, and the Ariakon values, by virtue of being straight, cannot compare to the flatline- the flatline only works because of the curve and the roughened top inside, both of which are undoubtedly patented. Simple ballistics dictate that any straight barrel will fire the paintball striaght at first, and start falling at an exponentially increasing rate in a quadratic arc.The flatline alters the ballistics and introduces a bernoulli effect to a paintball in flight, altering its ballistic performance, but it will still give in to that arc at the end. Mathematically speaking, the Ariakon barrels simply CANNOT mimic the performance of the flatline.

Monk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2004 at 9:27pm

Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

The SIM-15 is a budget version of the SIM 4, and the Ariakon values, by virtue of being straight, cannot compare to the flatline- the flatline only works because of the curve and the roughened top inside, both of which are undoubtedly patented. Simple ballistics dictate that any straight barrel will fire the paintball striaght at first, and start falling at an exponentially increasing rate in a quadratic arc.The flatline alters the ballistics and introduces a bernoulli effect to a paintball in flight, altering its ballistic performance, but it will still give in to that arc at the end. Mathematically speaking, the Ariakon barrels simply CANNOT mimic the performance of the flatline.

Sounded good exept for the fact that there is no true quadratic perabula in the earth atmosphere. hehehehehe.

PBinfonater View Drop Down

Strike 1: Disrespectful Behavior H-25

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PBinfonater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2004 at 9:29pm
blis
There is no "I" in "Team", but there sure is a "Me".
Tippmann A-5
RT
Flatline
Chrome Bullet drop with on/off
Male Palmer
Internal Polish
Stainless Steel kit
glooey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glooey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2004 at 11:05pm
the flatline would work without the curve but it would probably have to be a longer barrel
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2004 at 7:03am

The curve wouldn't have to be eliminated completely- just make less of one so that there's less vertical displacement between the start and end of the barrel. That way you could creatively fit it insinde milsim handguards with greater ease.

Monk, you're right- true parabolas are rare, but the flight model you'd get when accounting for wind resistace would still be pretty close. It would still be an exponential decline, and that's going to make a rpetty similar shape, mathematically.

Sniper21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sniper21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2004 at 4:44pm
for the barrel idea MP5 w/ the built in silencer. same thing tippmann would make a really nice milsim. throw in the e-grip or rt and your ready to go
A-5 E-Grip Jcs Trigger PMI Nitro soon to be WGP Karnivor or X-Mag
Smitty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Murdock ... I’m comin’ ta get YOU!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2004 at 4:57pm

there's something close........

http://www.tippmann.com/accessories/proshop/stealthline.asp

remember i said close. it would be a pretty neat idea though.

Ariakon_Eagle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ariakon_Eagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2004 at 5:09pm

Originally posted by brihard brihard wrote:

the Ariakon barrels simply CANNOT mimic the performance of the flatline.

I never said mimic but the are extremly accuarte and have great distance. And no problems when on its side. The flatline does beat in distance but accuarcy....I dont think so.

Check this out. This guy has a tricked 98c and a tricked A5 and a stock sim-4. He had a accuarcy comparison.

http://forum.ariakon.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1797&PN=1

Edited by Ariakon_Eagle
You call the Eagle, Eagle does the rest.
glooey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glooey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2004 at 10:40pm
sounds cool they should do a kit like that that goes right on the A5 or 98c
USMA
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic