Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Marker Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

One receiver half down...one to go...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Strike 2 for drug related images

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Homer J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: One receiver half down...one to go...
    Posted: 29 October 2004 at 3:25pm
I stripped one receiver half so far; I had to sand it because the paint stripper I tried on it just loosened it slightly. That was tedious.

There's still some stuff in some of the tight spaces, especially between the gills. I'll get that with the Dremel I plan to get.

I'm debating right now whether to paint it or clear-coat it. I kind of like the bare aluminum look.

I don't look forward to stripping the other half. I'll probably just try some other sort of paint stripper on it, then hit both halves with some aluminum polish(if I clear-coat).

Edited by Homer J
TippyManic32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippyManic32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2004 at 3:26pm
Looks silverish
Homer J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Homer J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2004 at 3:27pm
Very observant.
TippyManic32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippyManic32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2004 at 3:33pm

Originally posted by Homer J Homer J wrote:

Very observant.

Thank You, I try my best

Jeet Kune Do View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeet Kune Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2004 at 3:41pm
I would just clear coat it ,becouse I like the bare look too.
Model98Sniper1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Model98Sniper1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2004 at 6:06pm
you should do the other half though or it'll look dumb nomatter how long it takes
Once you can except the fact that your already dead. You can function as a solder.
                   Lt. Spears
                   June 12 1944
MetallicaESPa5 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
The Doors Of Perception

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MetallicaESPa5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2004 at 6:25pm
^ Of cuarse he's going to do the other half.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Model98Sniper1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2004 at 8:33pm
i know but i just wanted to make sure i mean that would look dumb
Once you can except the fact that your already dead. You can function as a solder.
                   Lt. Spears
                   June 12 1944
Homer J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Homer J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2004 at 8:36pm
I'm going to leave the other half painted just to screw with you.(jk )

And since I play woods and speed, I figured out how I can leave it bare and still use it for woods, then take the camo tape off when I play speed. Duh, just camo tape it when I play woods. Took me days to come up with that. I'm a tard.

Also I'm going to get a double trigger. With a Dremel I should be able to make a 98c double trigger guard fit on it.

Edited by Homer J
pbdude985 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dude! Sweet! Dude! Sweet! Dude! Sweet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pbdude985 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2004 at 8:54pm
nice i like it polished like that
ReGuLaToR99 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReGuLaToR99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2004 at 9:25pm
i would keep the sliver look for now. it looks real good. and it keeps your options open for a future paintjob.

Homer J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Homer J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2004 at 12:39am
I'm definitely going to start looking for some way to chemically strip the other half. My hand is still cramped from sanding all day.

Nothing acid-based though; especially not hydrochloric acid, not on aluminum. Very bad results.

I'll still go over it with sandpaper just to have the parallel lines like on this half, so it's uniform. But like an idiot, I sanded in a circular motion on the grip frame and I can't sand the scratches out.

Edited by Homer J
slacker guy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Guested - Dodge 2/8/06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slacker guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2004 at 7:03am
get it powder coated a dark sparkly flake color

shiftykyle101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiftykyle101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2004 at 9:08am
paint it. its fun to do it yourself.
Bounty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bounty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2004 at 9:13am

Camo would look nice on it unless your into speedball.

sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2004 at 9:40am
I like the looks of it bare. I think it would look cool to put some polish on it and then clear coat it. The camo duct tape idea is a good one since you wanted to play both speed and woodsball. Good luck with the rest of the sanding!
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
Homer J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Homer J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2004 at 10:01am
I found that I can loosen the anno by soaking it in a mixture of baking soda and warm water(I had to add the whole box of baking soda, though). I may be able to just peel it off.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Model98Sniper1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2004 at 12:01pm

the double trig wount work on a model at all the custom uses a spring in front of the triger and the model as you know has one in the back so the trig doesnt have the same reset method also the trig gaurd is metal on the m98 and in order to get a double trig you have to cut the gaurd of also the custom 98 guard is removable  it just sits in these slots thats what the double trig guard is mad to do just sit in the slots in the gun

if you knew this i am sorry but i didnt want you to waste good money on a part you can use

Lt. Spears
                   June 12 1944
Homer J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Homer J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2004 at 12:10pm
Punctuation, man, it's your friend.

Also:
Model 98 Double Trigger Guard
http://www.lapcopaintball.com/pix/2x_ad.jpg

This tourney legal trigger guard can be fitted to your Model 98 without disassembling the paintgun. Just cut off the existing guard and bolt our guard on. This guard is designed to be used with a PsychoBallistics Double Trigger.

Available in Black and Nickel Plating.
A-5 bunkerking View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1, inappropriate sig. 3/11

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 bunkerking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2004 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by Model98Sniper1 Model98Sniper1 wrote:

the double trig wount work on a model at all the custom uses a spring in front of the triger and the model as you know has one in the back so the trig doesnt have the same reset method also the trig gaurd is metal on the m98 and in order to get a double trig you have to cut the gaurd of also the custom 98 guard is removable  it just sits in these slots thats what the double trig guard is mad to do just sit in the slots in the gun

wow that was a tough read.
  ... longest sentence ever.

you shouldnt have slept through english class your whole childhood.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic