Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Upgrades and Customizing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hows the A-5 flatline?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UgtBunkrdByAgrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hows the A-5 flatline?
    Posted: 01 November 2004 at 5:41pm

i have a flatline on my 98C,and well you either love it or hate it . it works really well ,only when it is straight and with the right paint. for the price i paid for it i was kind of disappointed to see that it had a plastic body. thats kind of cheap looking! but anyway i ahvnt had a chance to play with a A5 flatline but they are solid metal and seem to much more efficent. anyone with an input on the A5 , i would be interested to hear before i decide to buy. thanx

*you got bunkerd by a girl*

*YOU GOT BUNKERD BY A GIRL*
A-5 08 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

The mob rules!!! Get the pitchforks!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2004 at 6:20pm
whys this in maintenance and repair? the a-5 flatline is really nice. I played with my friends in september and I really want one now.   I have a bigshot and love that but the extra range would be so nice.
Stormcharger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormcharger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2004 at 7:46pm

Yes, the Flatline for the A-5 is very good.

It designed well and very solid.  The performance is exceptional.  The flatline for the M98C, as you know fits into the firing chamber at an angle.  The A-5's flatline connection is strait and solid.  As a plus the curve of the barrel is completely enclosed for a very cool look.

I can attest to the reliability of the A-5's flatline, as I have put more than 8000 round through it, and have not had a break.  Keeping your velocity below 270fps will help.  The best paint for a flatline is more of a personal choice, there are just too many variables to favor one brand over another.  Velocity, pressure, ball diameter, barrel diameter, barrel length, ball filler composition, and ball shell thickness will all affect reliability and accuracy.  Having said that, as general rule premium paint does tend to perform better. 

As with everything I recomend, find out what works for you, run with it and have fun!

LordJovian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordJovian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2004 at 9:57pm
The only problem I have with the flatline is that it seems the ball "floats" more with the increased range. I was playing against one and noticed that its increased range shots are way too easy to avoid. It's good for suppression, but when it comes to getting someone out you have to hope they're not looking your way/ paying attention.
A-5
E-grip
Chipley Custom Carbon Graphite 16"
Evil Adapter(Spyder)
32 Deg New '03 XChamber
Remote Line
Gun Sling
Sniper f/x Stock
LPK
68/4500 HPA
R-5
CP Reg
JCS Duel Trigger
Stormcharger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormcharger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2004 at 12:06pm
The lack of skill and experience of your opponent may account for your ability to dodge paint from a A-5\flatline.  However I have found that the lofting effect will put paint right in the center of my sights at 60-75 feet.  At this range your opponent can try to dodge, but two or three short bursts of full auto will usually force him to better cover or be hit.  In order to be succesful on the field you must take advantage of your gear and your own experience, firepower is a geat equalizer, but won't help you win on its own.
rmorey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Made it by a Hair

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2004 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by UgtBunkrdByAgrl UgtBunkrdByAgrl wrote:

i have a flatline on my 98C,and well you either love it or hate it . it works really well ,only when it is straight and with the right paint. for the price i paid for it i was kind of disappointed to see that it had a plastic body. thats kind of cheap looking! but anyway i ahvnt had a chance to play with a A5 flatline but they are solid metal and seem to much more efficent. anyone with an input on the A5 , i would be interested to hear before i decide to buy. thanx

I completely agree with you.  I was happy with my 98c flatline after I figured out which paint to use.  And after my recent purchase of the A5 + flatline, I was even more impressed (although I've only shot a case through it)

(btw, I bought the metal shroud for my 98c flatline... looks good)

You are never beaten until you admit it.
- G. Patton
TippmannA5User View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Spam is t3h sux

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannA5User Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2004 at 6:02pm
wrong forum honey, bat signal
Just shoot yourself and save me the trouble.
click the pic!
Spartan A-5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spartan A-5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2004 at 7:05pm
what paint is the best for a a-5 flatline that is fairly cheap around $40 i need to know i got my flatline not to long ago and dont want to waste money on paint that doesnt work in it
A-5
Flatline
swat force red dot         
tapco scope mount
micro cap
next:
ex. chamber
solid stock
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2004 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by LordJovian LordJovian wrote:

The only problem I have with the flatline is that it seems the ball "floats" more with the increased range. I was playing against one and noticed that its increased range shots are way too easy to avoid. It's good for suppression, but when it comes to getting someone out you have to hope they're not looking your way/ paying attention.

Negative. Its an optical illusion, same as if you stood on a racetrack and a car drove past you, it would appear to be going very fast, but as it got farther away, it would appear to slow down. Same principle.

As for people dodging long range flatline shots, well if they have more time to see it coming, they have more time to dodge dont they?

Lets move this to Upgrades where it should have been posted in the first place.

Edited by Enos Shenk
Robert_Hawker View Drop Down
Strike 1, S-bomb 10-7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert_Hawker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2004 at 2:41pm

I never used the 98c flatline but i have used the a-5 flatline and i love it. and i have never had a barrel break in over 15 cases of paint, and i have run some prity cheep walmart paint through it. its more keeping the marker upright that most players forget to do but with the more compact hopper on the a-5 its not as much of a problem.

you see on most top fed markers the hopper will stick way out and give you away. with the a-5 the hopper is lower than a head sighting on it so you dont have to worry.

on top of all that the a-5 flatline just looks realy cool, and is made of better materials.

Tipp A-5
Opsgear Saw Shroud
Opsgear G36 Folding Stock
16" j&j
Bunker_Attack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunker_Attack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2004 at 3:14pm
I like the flatline
Guitar87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guitar87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2004 at 7:37pm

I have a flatline and it is a myth about the ball floating. And even if it does float its comming at you a 280 fps. You can't move that fast.

jjclown23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
No idea what’s inappropriate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjclown23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2004 at 7:46pm
i like flatline but i would rather get a boomstick.
A-5
Response Trigger
DOP Blade Trigger
Polished Internals
X-Chamber
Custom Paint
14" J&J
Brunse View Drop Down

Strike 2 - Need’s Mom’s okay to post.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brunse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2004 at 8:56pm
Got the A-5 with the flatline, but it matters how fast you are firing, i got the E-Grip and I use Darxxus paint, I cleaned it out and it looked like i only had about 1-2 breaks, i went through about 1500 paintballs, with the turbo mode on. If you use just stock semi-auto you will probably have 0 breaks. The A-5 Flatline is a really good deal, it is metal, you can drill for a bi-pod on the bottom also.  I like it.
Brunse
Tippmann 98 Custom
Flatline
R/T
Comp-Air
JCS Bipod
Rocket Cock II
Shocktech Supafly Bolt
Reloader II
"Only the dead have seen the end of the war"
Gotpaint92 View Drop Down
strike 1, F-bomb in sig.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gotpaint92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2004 at 9:10pm

Originally posted by jjclown23 jjclown23 wrote:

i like flatline but i would rather get a boomstick.

you sure do change your mind a lot.  one thread you like the flatline another you hate the flatline.  what's your deal?

Be care full! Sigs earn strikes
turismomtrx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turismomtrx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2004 at 9:48pm

Originally posted by Stormcharger Stormcharger wrote:

The lack of skill and experience of your opponent may account for your ability to dodge paint from a A-5\flatline.  However I have found that the lofting effect will put paint right in the center of my sights at 60-75 feet.  At this range your opponent can try to dodge, but two or three short bursts of full auto will usually force him to better cover or be hit.  In order to be succesful on the field you must take advantage of your gear and your own experience, firepower is a geat equalizer, but won't help you win on its own.

nicely put

Ihaveanitch View Drop Down
Guested, language. 5/17

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihaveanitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2004 at 11:51am
Originally posted by UgtBunkrdByAgrl UgtBunkrdByAgrl wrote:

i have a flatline on my 98C,and well you either love it or hate it . it works really well ,only when it is straight and with the right paint. for the price i paid for it i was kind of disappointed to see that it had a plastic body. thats kind of cheap looking!

Would u rather have something that looks good or something that helps your gun more. Ne ways i love the flatline, the range is awesome and accuracy is good too, i have no grudges with the flatline so far.

KaptainKickAce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KaptainKickAce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2004 at 12:50pm
i like it but only for woodsball if i'm playing speedball (why i would play speed ball with my A-5 over my Autococker i dont know) i use a diff barrel because its hard to stay tight into your bunker with that thing but its nice for the woods. you know defend the fort. i sit up in a tower and pick them peeps off

-PREDATOR- View Drop Down
Guested. Foul language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -PREDATOR- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2004 at 6:36pm
what i dont like about the flatline is the curve when your gun is slightly rotated to the side
WHOEVER *reb* IS WHY WOULD YOU THINK I HAVE AN OVERSIZED SIG!?!?!! YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!THIS FORUM HAS THE WORST MODS EVER!!!!!!!!!
Dan db09 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan db09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2004 at 7:07pm
Good paint for the flatline on the A-5.... 32* Competition. Its like 40 bucks a case of 2000 and it works great, thats what I use... The Flatline for the A-5 is amazing...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic