Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Upgrades and Customizing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hows the A-5 flatline?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2004 at 6:02pm
The A5 Flatline is basically a 98c Flatline barrel, but an inch shorter, as fer performance, accuracy and the paintballs to use to get the best results, theyre both the same and the only difference between the two is the shroud and the installation process.

Edited by evil_fingers
Smitty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Murdock ... I’m comin’ ta get YOU!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2004 at 9:08pm

i would say if you want to get rid of that plastic shroud, get this:

http://www.tippmann.com/accessories/proshop/special.asp

this is just a metal shroud. it would be all metal so there you go. i havent owned either flatline. i hear its good and have some friends who have them. they say they're really good. i would just get the metal shroud for your 98 flatline.

Pooner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2004 at 9:40pm

the 98 flatline is much more effective then the A-5 flatline. it is 14 inches which is the most effective length for a barrel.

so if u want range. stay with 98

CHECK IT OUT!! IM ON TEAM SKEET!!

www.teamskeet.20megsfree.com

Were in Sioux Falls and Yankton South Dakota.
A-5 Command View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 Command Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2004 at 10:34pm

what? the A-5 flatline shoots the same exact length as the 98 custom one. The extra length doesn't make it shoot any farther, thats been proven with every other barrrel also.

And have you even shot both?

evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2004 at 8:07pm
I have....and yes its true, they both perform in the same way and like I said before the only difference between the 2 is the shroud and how they are intsalled.
Pooner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2004 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by A-5 Command A-5 Command wrote:

what? the A-5 flatline shoots the same exact length as the 98 custom one. The extra length doesn't make it shoot any farther, thats been proven with every other barrrel also.

And have you even shot both?

yes i have and ive had PLENTY of oppinions from others that say the exact same thing.

its probably not the length, but the 98 is a better flatline then the    A-5

CHECK IT OUT!! IM ON TEAM SKEET!!

www.teamskeet.20megsfree.com

Were in Sioux Falls and Yankton South Dakota.
Delerious View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Inappropriate Humor (D23)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delerious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2004 at 10:33pm
why do you think the 98 FL is better than the A-5's?
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2004 at 12:24pm

The 98c FL doesnt perform better than the A5 FL, cus theyre both the same type of barrel, one is jus longer than the other and vice versa....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic