Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Suggestion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dawrr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Suggestion
    Posted: 02 November 2004 at 1:43pm
I have been playing Paintball for a little while, but I feel that I know more than some other players I have met.  I feel that Tippmann is the best gun that you can use for recreational play, and some tournament.  My friend let me use his Spyder Imagine S, and I did enjoy it, but the feel was nothing like my Tippmann 98.  This is going to sound pretty stupid, but I'm sure most of you have either played or seen Halo.  Don't you think that the Tippmann 98 looks similar to the Assault Rifle?  I also think that the 98 looks like the German MP40 of WWII fame.  Both of these guns have straps on them.  Why not make a strap for the 98?  I noticed that the Pro/Carbine has one.  I'm not weak or anyting, but hauling a gun of any weight for long periods of time is draining whether you notice it or not.  Your arms feel sluggish and the overall benefit of a strap could reduce fatigue.  The majority of the weight would be distributed on the shoulders and the back.  Now, a paintball gun weighs around 12 pounds when fully equipped.  Imagine only holding 2 pounds in your hands... Extreme manueverability and "swinging" techniques could be used.  For those of you who have fired a rifle, you know the advantages of a strap.  Though rifles tend to weight A LOT more than paintball guns, you can still see a difference...  Please, Tippmann, Make a strap for the 98!  (I dont see any on your site)   
Shadow Soldier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shadow Soldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2004 at 2:38pm
You can just go to walmart and buy one. I bought one fron there that was the cheapest one. It tied on so you didn't have to put holes in the gun. It works great. And about Halo i think the assult rifle reminds me more of the A5 because of the closed bolt and the rof. Waiting for Halo 2... lol
Tippmann A5 -$230
Flatline Barrel -$115
Co2, and paint -$62
Whatching you foes' rounds stop 20 ft in front of you as you blow them away- Priceless
Smitty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Murdock ... I’m comin’ ta get YOU!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2004 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by Shadow Soldier Shadow Soldier wrote:

You can just go to walmart and buy one. I bought one fron there that was the cheapest one. It tied on so you didn't have to put holes in the gun. It works great. And about Halo i think the assult rifle reminds me more of the A5 because of the closed bolt and the rof. Waiting for Halo 2... lol
i dont think it really looks like the rifle. oh well. he's right though. and i also am waiting for halo 2 to come out. i should pry start saving up. everywhere that will carry it will be sold out of them.
Monk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2004 at 9:07pm

Really, I was thinking that the Tippmann 98 looked like the Thompson, meh whatever.

As for the strap you can make one and buy one, search the google, it be on there.

98 nitro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98 nitro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2004 at 10:33pm
if u have the bt barrel for the 98c and the bt folding stock or the bt car stock they have slots that u can just by a strap and strap it to it like regular gun but if not then i guess u could make one
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2004 at 1:13am
Yeah the 98c does look like the gun in Halo but, theres no way that it resembles a German MP40 or the Thompson....the 98c is actually based on the M16/M4 and its variants.
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
Homer J View Drop Down

Strike 2 for drug related images

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Homer J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2004 at 7:01am
Originally posted by Shadow Soldier Shadow Soldier wrote:

Ummm...the A-5 is open-bolt...
Silence115 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silence115 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2004 at 10:39am
I think that ESPN should host paintball events! Id actually watch that channel more if they did host some events. I think it would be healthy for the paintball environmentI think that ESPN should host paintball events! Cya!
Bounty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bounty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2004 at 7:02pm
How the hell do you think the 98 looks like the assault rifle in HALO. I see no simularities. If anything it looks like the smg in HALO 2.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic