Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Straight shot flatline?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CQB_NINja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Straight shot flatline?
    Posted: 04 November 2004 at 11:06am

An idea about straight barrels with flatline distance...

what if on the top of the inside of the barrel for what ever calculated length, was some kind of material that had a little more friction than the rest of the barrel to roll the ball back, to get backspin? How could it be done? I was thinking some kind of pleshy material like, a fraction of a milimeter along the top inside.

Any thoughts of possibility?

Edited by CQB_NINja
*TIC-TIC-TIC-TIC-TIC-TIC-TIC-TIC*

*POP...POP*

"HIT"...>=[
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2004 at 12:32pm
It wont work, you can try it yourself by using tape or glue along the top edge. I did it once with my tigershark to see if it would work.

Anyway, there was a body for the automag called the Z-body that had a skid plate along the top of the chamber, and if you used a massive bore barrel it would give some backspin.
ItalianoGuy04 View Drop Down
Strike 1, lewd questions, 2/9

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ItalianoGuy04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2004 at 4:03pm
not worthit... why fix something thats not broke..

Supe'd up Spyda Victor, don't like it, don't care
Smitty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Murdock ... I’m comin’ ta get YOU!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2004 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

It wont work, you can try it yourself by using tape or glue along the top edge. I did it once with my tigershark to see if it would work.

Anyway, there was a body for the automag called the Z-body that had a skid plate along the top of the chamber, and if you used a massive bore barrel it would give some backspin.
agreed enos. agreed.
Ariakon_Eagle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ariakon_Eagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2004 at 5:59pm

Warsensor has the hop up barrel which has 3 groves on the top of the barrel which releases pressure on the upper half of the ball creating backspin. I know some people that use it and they say it gets just as far as the flatline.

You call the Eagle, Eagle does the rest.
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2004 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by Ariakon_Eagle Ariakon_Eagle wrote:

Warsensor has the hop up barrel which has 3 groves on the top of the barrel which releases pressure on the upper half of the ball creating backspin. I know some people that use it and they say it gets just as far as the flatline.

Dont ferget, the Hop Up barrel was created fer the Warsensor only and it will not fit on any Tippmann and the other markers on the market.

Edited by evil_fingers
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Took down Mike Tyson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2004 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by ItalianoGuy04 ItalianoGuy04 wrote:

not worthit... why fix something thats not broke..

Why have a life but not live it?
The desire for polyester is just to powerful.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ariakon_Eagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2004 at 9:48pm

Yes i relize that, but I was just talking in general. Trying to get out that they have made a barrel with the distance of a flatline.

You could also use the same general idea. And I believe you also acheive backspin by modifying the bolt.

Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Took down Mike Tyson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2004 at 9:51pm
Yes, modify the bolt to push more air out of the bottom half them top, would work.  Of course im not sure how much back spin would be achieved.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ariakon_Eagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2004 at 9:55pm

Im not sure how much either. It might even cause too much backspin for all I know. It really matters how much pressure the bolt is giving on the bottom and top of the ball.

Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Took down Mike Tyson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2004 at 10:11pm
Well with most bolts now its equally spread, if you adjusted the air flow too much it would decrease the force behind the ball greatly, but at the same time if its only a little it may not make that much of a difference.  Hey enos, mind making a bolt with a sufficient amount of air flow sent through the bottom half to add backspin?
jigglydude View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
My title got <krl>’ed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jigglydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2004 at 11:06pm
I believe the Z-Bolt for mags used the concept of making air come out the bottom to create backspin. If I remember right, from what I've heard about it the bolt worked ok but not as accurate or as far as a flatline. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic