Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

very great idea. ive seen it tested!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaked588 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: very great idea. ive seen it tested!!
    Posted: 17 November 2004 at 7:21pm

ok iono if anyone here has seen this mod or if it has been posted before but its completely awesome and also simple. a guy came to the field with an ebolted tippmann and showed us this mod. it works with both ebolted and mech 98 customs and i drew a diagram here:

the diagram shows the regular stock 98 custom bolt (the red part is the hole that the linkage arm goes in), linkage arm, feedneck, and power tube. the first picture shows the regular bolt setup. since tippys dont have eyes, the bolt chops the ball. in the second diagram, the bolt is modified. if u look closely, the hole where the linkage arm goes into is cut in half, there is also a (medium guage) spring coiled up behind the bolt. this makes it so that the bolt is completely powered by the spring (meaning that the linkage arm will move without the bolt attached to it in the case that a ball isnt fully loaded into the breech) but when the bolt moves forward it is snagged by the linkage arm (moving backward) which brings it back and re-pressurizes the spring. the spring should be just weak enough so that it wont make the bolt chop the balls.

the guy we talked to at the feild showed us how it worked. he took the left receiver off and had someone put their finger into the feedneck. he pulled the trigger and the bolt didnt move, but when he pulled his finger out of the breech and the guy pulled the trigger, the bolt moved just like normal. VERY GOOD MOD. lmk what u guys think. im gonna do it in a little while

Edited by jaked588
jjclown23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
No idea what’s inappropriate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjclown23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2004 at 7:55pm
that is ALOT to read. sounds nice though
A-5
Response Trigger
DOP Blade Trigger
Polished Internals
X-Chamber
Custom Paint
14" J&J
jaked588 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaked588 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2004 at 8:10pm
lol sorry
kiolia View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
My Rainmaker will make it ... well, rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2004 at 8:23pm
well, I guess it wouldn't CHOP the ball. but the blowback when it fired with the front bolt back seems like it would blow up the neck bad enough to break balls. I've seen THAT happen to guns too.

s'right, I do a webcomic and I update it like every two months. go go!
jaked588 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaked588 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2004 at 8:29pm
drill blowback holes
reincarnation14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reincarnation14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2004 at 9:01pm
that was alot to read, that was pretty smart too
Diablo Mongoose 2
18in CP Barrel
adjustdable feedneck
FAPM-Formers Againts Pope Mobile

The South WILL Rise Again
jaked588 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaked588 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2004 at 10:54pm
yea i know. im lookin into gettin a BSI ebolt kit just for fun and makin my tippmann a muppet mower like in my sig :)
Evilpaint View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evilpaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2004 at 11:16pm
nice idea
Tippmann 98c
All American barrel
Rocket Cock
Stock Spyder Drop forward
Custom Paint Job
12v Revy
20, 12, 9 oz
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2004 at 7:37pm
Very cool. I would definately try that IF I had an ebolt. Seems pretty easy.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
A-5 auto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 auto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2004 at 9:01pm
if i had a 98 i would definatly try it!!
Hey howd you do that?! Your funny hahaha shut up! FAPM forumers against Popemobile
Smitty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Murdock ... I’m comin’ ta get YOU!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2004 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by jaked588 jaked588 wrote:

drill blowback holes
sounds like a good mod, but i dont want to drill holes into my reciever half. i love my 98c too much to drill holes into it.
A-5 auto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 auto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2004 at 9:23pm
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^HHHHAHAHAHAHAHAH i dont no
Hey howd you do that?! Your funny hahaha shut up! FAPM forumers against Popemobile
crazedloon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazedloon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2004 at 11:00pm
get your own mod   it works i got it on my 98 and if you want pics i can get them
triggerhappy1 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggerhappy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2004 at 4:21pm
i think i might try that. i have the P.O.S. hyperstar bolt to try it out on too. if i do it ill post pics. good idea
Bigomondis104 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigomondis104 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2004 at 4:34pm
ya i have an e-bolt and when im bored i put air on it and stick my finger in the breech and work on my speed of put something in the breech so it doesnt fully fire and work on snapping and speed. its a sweet system. the only balls i break are in the barrel.
98 custom
e-bolt
low pressure kit
dye drop forward
68ci 3000psi glass fiber tank
halo b
10" custom products barrel
double finger trigger
vertical feed
jjclown23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
No idea what’s inappropriate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjclown23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2004 at 5:29pm
i just cant imagine spending so much money on an ebolt... well, i dont have to think about it, i have an a-5 anyway
A-5
Response Trigger
DOP Blade Trigger
Polished Internals
X-Chamber
Custom Paint
14" J&J
Pyro-TFA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pyro-TFA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2004 at 5:40pm
erm.. it is a good idea, but how did the guy at the field shoot the gun with one reciever half off?
AdmiralSenn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdmiralSenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2004 at 5:48pm
It would work without having an E-bolt. It's just Natural Newbie's bolt idea with a spring attached (heck, he might even have done that part too).

Interesting idea. Someone put it on model98.net.
Is God real? You'll find out when you die.

Okay, I don't have a clever signature zinger. So sue me.
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2004 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by Smitty Smitty wrote:

drill blowback holes
sounds like a good mod, but i dont want to drill holes into my reciever half. i love my 98c too much to drill holes into it.

Actually its a completely retarded mod. Think about it, when the gun fires, the bolt is forward, COVERING THE STUPID HOLES UP.

It blows my mind that people believe that idiotic mod does anything.
Monk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2004 at 6:32pm

Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

Originally posted by Smitty Smitty wrote:

drill blowback holes

Actually its a completely retarded mod. Think about it, when the gun fires, the bolt is forward, COVERING THE STUPID HOLES UP.

It blows my mind that people believe that idiotic mod does anything.

HOLY CRAP THE MATRIX HAS JUST BEEN BREACHED!!!!

Edit your post before the public finds out.

Edited by Monk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic