Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Which Gun is Best
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

alias or Dm4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopsui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: alias or Dm4
    Posted: 23 November 2004 at 9:25pm

i was wondering wich of theses guns would overall be better in: efficiency, accuracy, reliability, speed, and which would require less work.

The alias would have a CP stick trigger, and a adjustable ram cap.

The Dm4 would have a tadao board, and a ball bearing trigger.

thanks

The Man View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Stupidity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The  Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2004 at 9:40pm
Efficiency Alias, accuracy depends on paint the Dm4 comes with a great barrel, both are as fast as you can pull the trigger try out both and see which one you like. Also consider some others. Most popular does not always mean best look into the ICD Free Style, Sonic cyborg,ect. Test as many as you can and see what you like.

Good Luck!

Edited by The Man
Cp
critical
Bob Long
Lengens painball park

Team Rendition
chopsui View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopsui Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2004 at 9:52pm

thanks

jjclown23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
No idea what’s inappropriate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjclown23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2004 at 10:40pm
I would say DM4. One of my good buddies just got his brand new and it plays better than it looks. I back all of Dye products 100%.
A-5
Response Trigger
DOP Blade Trigger
Polished Internals
X-Chamber
Custom Paint
14" J&J
P8ntblldude View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P8ntblldude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2004 at 10:59pm
go with the timmy!
*Team Compulsive*

Sponsors
*Won-Ago-Biking*
*Curleys Waterfront*

reticule View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reticule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2004 at 11:01pm
Alias: fast, reliable, efficient (about 1500 shots on a 68/4500 tank), not so great stock barrel, and light (~ 1.5 lbs).  LPR maintenance is every 1 or 1 and 1/2 case according to the timmy manual.  It's easy, but has very delicate internals.  Before shooting, you may have to sand the regulator springs due to burrs.

DM4: fast, reliable, not so efficient (about 1100 shots on a 68/4500 tank), quiet, no kick, great stock barrel, but more heavy (~2.3 lbs).  Bolt/Ram maintenance is every 5 to 7 and 1/2 cases. LPR maintenance is every 10 cases.  These numbers are according to the manual too, and you can't misalign any of the internals due to the design.  Frequency of maintenance may need to increase if you're playing in cold weather (like below 50 degrees F).

I have owned both, and the above descriptions are what I have experienced.  My suggestion is to try firing both with paint, then consider how often you care to maintain your future gun.

Edited by reticule
'...in order to use that particular insult, it really helps if you spell it properly. Nothing quite spells out "irony" as well as calling somebody "retarted."' -Clark Kent on Tippmann forumer
jjclown23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
No idea what’s inappropriate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjclown23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2004 at 11:23pm
Dm4 has great curves.....  and the tadoo board is wicked fast.

Edited by jjclown23
A-5
Response Trigger
DOP Blade Trigger
Polished Internals
X-Chamber
Custom Paint
14" J&J
Civilian Of View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Platinum Member in disguise

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Civilian Of Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2004 at 2:22am
Stop talking

Go DM4. Better customer service.
Lightningbolt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
PHAT and PLAT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightningbolt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2004 at 8:11am

I don't have any experience with either gun but at this level you're splitting hairs.

Go with the gun that you'll be able to find parts and get good and fast service.

I have 2 shops close to my house.  One deals with SP mainly and the other Bushy.  I went with the shop I trusted and the one that doesn't try to rape the customer with their pricing.

The Bushy shop is starting to convert to an SP shop so more convenience for me.

ScarFace22 View Drop Down
Guested. Prejudice crap.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarFace22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2004 at 9:37am
It all depends. Te best thing you cuold do is go to the proshop and look at and play around with both guns. I was dead set on the DM4 or LCD Matrix until I actually went to the proshop and got to play around with both. I hated the way the LCD Matrix felt and I wasn't so crazy over the DM4 either. I would still lean towards the ALias but you should really go to a local proshop and see both before you buy anything.

Check my thread in the Great guns thread for Timmy tech help or PM me
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic