Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Marker Gallery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

finally found a gun that looks like mine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skorpion317 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: finally found a gun that looks like mine
    Posted: 27 November 2004 at 12:38am

The real gun is a Heckler & Koch G41 assault rifle. My 98C isn't an exact replica, but it looks pretty close. I've been looking for a real-gun counterpart for mine for a while. Just click on the thumbnails for a full-sized pic.

Those pics also show off my front grip mod (for those who didn't see it), and the red dot sight I picked up recently. It's surprisingly accurate (as far as paintball guns go).

Edited by Skorpion317
98 Custom
Flatline Barrel
Pro-Team Sniper F/X stock
32 Degrees Remote Line
Response Trigger
Ricochet 2K hopper
Removed Front Grip
Polished Internals
Adco Imp red dot sight
@5 M@$T@ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote @5 M@$T@ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2004 at 1:09am

'The front grip mod?' what the hell are you talking about? it looks like you took off the front grip. And I would get front and rear g41 sights if youre going for replica. May i suggest a mag kit?

I'm going to the darkside...
Monk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2004 at 9:52am
Originally posted by @5 M@$T@ @5 M@$T@ wrote:

'The front grip mod?' what the hell are you talking about? it looks like you took off the front grip. And I would get front and rear g41 sights if youre going for replica. May i suggest a mag kit?

Im pretty sure he means taking the back plastic bolt stop and putting it in the front grip to close it off.

oreomann33 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Can you say ... ZAZZy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oreomann33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2004 at 10:14am
now all you need is a fake clip.....

DrunkDriver View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrunkDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2004 at 10:37am
It looks pretty close as it is right now. If you get a clip and maby the front and rear sights it will look perfect, or close enough.
Skorpion317 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skorpion317 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2004 at 11:09am

problem with the fake clips is, they don't make too many for the 98C. the only one i've seen is the AR100 clip from Ballistic Sports.

And yes, Monk is correct about the front grip. I removed the bottom half of it and replaced it with the original end cap from the gun. Cleaner look, IMO.

98 Custom
Flatline Barrel
32 Degrees Remote Line
Response Trigger
Ricochet 2K hopper
Removed Front Grip
Polished Internals
Adco Imp red dot sight
Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Took down Mike Tyson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2004 at 11:13am
I love watching the videos for the weapons on the HK site.  Nice gun by the way.
The desire for polyester is just to powerful.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skorpion317 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2004 at 11:33am

Originally posted by Glassjaw Glassjaw wrote:

I love watching the videos for the weapons on the HK site.  Nice gun by the way.

thanks.

98 Custom
Flatline Barrel
32 Degrees Remote Line
Response Trigger
Ricochet 2K hopper
Removed Front Grip
Polished Internals
Adco Imp red dot sight
pbdude985 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dude! Sweet! Dude! Sweet! Dude! Sweet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pbdude985 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2004 at 1:09pm
yea get a fake clip it looks nice
TippyManic32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippyManic32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2004 at 1:38pm
Just need a fake mag now, try opsgear.com
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2004 at 2:46pm

No, dont even get that cheesey lookin magazine fer the 98c from Opsgear, if you want to put a mag kit fer yer 98c, you can either make one fer yerself by using a real or airsoft gun parts or give this guy a holler http://www.englerpaintballguns.com/

Heres an example of one his work of art

Edited by evil_fingers
SemperFiSniper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SemperFiSniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2004 at 4:26pm
dude, this is just my opinion but that looks nothing like the gun pictured, whats the gun in the picture, and h&k? either way, doesn't look like it
Nothing Like The Best

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skorpion317 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2004 at 6:07pm

Originally posted by SemperFiSniper SemperFiSniper wrote:

dude, this is just my opinion but that looks nothing like the gun pictured, whats the gun in the picture, and h&k? either way, doesn't look like it

the real gun is a H&K G41 assault rifle. if the front grip was removed completely, my gun would resemble it more. that, and a magazine added to it...

98 Custom
Flatline Barrel
32 Degrees Remote Line
Response Trigger
Ricochet 2K hopper
Removed Front Grip
Polished Internals
Adco Imp red dot sight
Smitty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Murdock ... I’m comin’ ta get YOU!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2004 at 6:41pm
very nice. i like it.
GhilleMan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Strike 1 - Language, 11/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GhilleMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2004 at 7:28pm
ya big problem with the fact that the G41 has a recoil spring tube above the barrel, ya know has to due with that whole recocking part... and your 98 doesnt. I had that problem when i wanted to make my 98 with flatline look like a G3. If you really want a milsim gun to look right you cant use the flatline cause the muzzle is to high up on the gun

wait there was whats his names M-4 98 with a flatline, that was sick

But ya nice gun, zact same setup as mine, with hpa and a couple mintues of velocity tuning flatlines shoot darts

Edited by GhilleMan
Smart Parts, Stupid People... Go figure

Shoot To Thrill on stockclass, mcarter, and the dreadful pbn
Carter Mini Comp, Carter Tricar, PPS Blazer

jjclown23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
No idea what’s inappropriate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjclown23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2004 at 7:39pm
very cool
A-5
Response Trigger
DOP Blade Trigger
Polished Internals
X-Chamber
Custom Paint
14" J&J
Thompsonshooter View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
If I build it... you will drool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thompsonshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2004 at 9:02pm
I can make you a clip for it. PM me

Eric Engler
President
www.englerpaintballguns.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skorpion317 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2004 at 10:13pm

Originally posted by GhilleMan GhilleMan wrote:

ya big problem with the fact that the G41 has a recoil spring tube above the barrel, ya know has to due with that whole recocking part... and your 98 doesnt. I had that problem when i wanted to make my 98 with flatline look like a G3. If you really want a milsim gun to look right you cant use the flatline cause the muzzle is to high up on the gun

wait there was whats his names M-4 98 with a flatline, that was sick

But ya nice gun, zact same setup as mine, with hpa and a couple mintues of velocity tuning flatlines shoot darts

i don't want a milsim, i was just looking for a gun that came close to mine.

Thompsonshooter, check your PM's

98 Custom
Flatline Barrel
32 Degrees Remote Line
Response Trigger
Ricochet 2K hopper
Removed Front Grip
Polished Internals
Adco Imp red dot sight
jacob_100 View Drop Down
I misbehaved too many times

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacob_100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2004 at 10:31pm
really nice.u should completly remove the handle.cut or saw.then get a fake mag.and a remote
Alot of people these days play speed-ball and have superspeed gun.If you are one of the few pump players left,put this as ur sig.

-Phantom
45* grip
t-stock
20 round center feed
12 gram changer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skorpion317 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2004 at 10:46pm

Originally posted by jacob_100 jacob_100 wrote:

really nice.u should completly remove the handle.cut or saw.then get a fake mag.and a remote

already have a remote.

98 Custom
Flatline Barrel
32 Degrees Remote Line
Response Trigger
Ricochet 2K hopper
Removed Front Grip
Polished Internals
Adco Imp red dot sight
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic