Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

cyclone feed system on 98custom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacBacpaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cyclone feed system on 98custom
    Posted: 05 December 2004 at 8:50am
has this idea been thought of? well anyways i think it would be cool if u could put the cyclone feed system on a 98c.is it an upgrade u buy 4 a a-5 or is it already on it when u buy it?

**please post ur opinioun**
FLATLINES SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DON'T BE AFRAID OF BALLZ!
my setup is
98 custom
double trigger
lapco bigshot 14 in.
12volt revolution

jeep 98 custom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I can type in Nerd L33T!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeep 98 custom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2004 at 12:27pm
Yes, aout 4,000 other people have thought of it. It comes stock on an A-5, and you cannot buy it as an upgrade. It could be put on a 98, I finally got to test my theory the other night. I used an R/T 98, and instead of using the R/T hose going back into the grip, I screwed the cyclone's airline into the R/T powertube. When I shot, the gasses meant to power the R/T were actually strong enough to power the cyclone. So with a little creativity in attaching it to feed the balls into the chamber, I could be done. But, I hate the cyclone, and would be saddened if someone actually did attach it to a 98 sucessfully.
"Yes there are two path you can go back, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on"

sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2004 at 12:38pm
I think someone had a topic a while back where they had successfully attached a cyclone to the 98 and used it. Also, the Factory F/A is kinda like what you are talking about.
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
KaptainKickAce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KaptainKickAce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2004 at 3:02pm
yeah i seem to remember someone successfully attached it and had it working...but the cyclone was kind of the point of the a-5 in the first place

JacBacpaintball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacBacpaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2004 at 8:55pm
dus the cyclone have lots of problems on the a5 if u dont mess with it.
my setup is
98 custom
double trigger
lapco bigshot 14 in.
12volt revolution

vonfeldt7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vonfeldt7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2004 at 10:21pm
no
novice paintball help(If you own a tippy and your new to paintball, this site may help)
Jesus is my friend
DO NOT say"sniper"here!
98 nitro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98 nitro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2004 at 11:06pm
im not flameing but i think the 98 c would kinda dumb and bulky with that bigg thing on the side  
it isnt practice makes perfect, but perfect practice makes perfect
and allways remember chicks dig scars
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2004 at 3:24pm
It's not about looks 98 nitro, it's for performance. Rather than buying a new (and maybe slower) hopper you could attach a cyclone which can feed reliably at about 16 bps and costs around $30-40. It requires some skill and time to pull something like that off but in the end you'll have a good feeder for half the price of anything else that can feed at that rate. On top of that, your gun is definitely one of a kind so it sets your 98 apart from the millions of others out there.
oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland

Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey

Me: But only if they're hungary

Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Took down Mike Tyson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2004 at 3:41pm
But where would you get the cyclone from?  Either way your most likely going to have to spend money so why not just by a fast hopper?  The only difference basically  between the a-5 and the 98C is the Cyclone, so it would basically be an A-5 if you put it on the 98C.
The desire for polyester is just to powerful.
KaptainKickAce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KaptainKickAce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2004 at 9:00pm

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2004 at 3:14pm

Originally posted by Glassjaw Glassjaw wrote:

But where would you get the cyclone from?  Either way your most likely going to have to spend money so why not just by a fast hopper?  The only difference basically  between the a-5 and the 98C is the Cyclone, so it would basically be an A-5 if you put it on the 98C.

You can buy it directly from tippmann or you can buy the parts elsewhere online and build one though that will cost more money. I e-mailed tippmann a while ago and they said I could buy a new cyclone directly from them for $30. In my opinion, a $30 force feed system that requires no batteries is more worth while than just buying a new hopper for double the price (a revvy is about $70 and feeds up to 13 bps, cyclone can reach 16). It does take some work to make it attach to the 98 but in the end you'll have a gun that performs well and is unique. When you do something like that you give yourself a reason to be proud of your gun. Thousands of people have 98 customs but how many have a 98c with a cyclone? So far the count is up to 1.

Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
frank da tank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frank da tank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2004 at 3:33pm
i think the cyclone would be dumb an the 98c, you should make
the elbow disapear and have a verticle feed with it.
frank da tank
twisted4465 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twisted4465 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2004 at 2:34pm
Can i us a remote for my A-5 with compressed air!!! or will it not work???
I own a tippmann A-5
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2004 at 3:01pm
It will work twisted. The valve in the A5 and 98c is made to accept CO2 and compressed air without any modifications. As long as it puts out enough pressure it will work fine. If you have a low pressure (output, not internal) tank then the gun will either not work or will shoot at very low velocities unless you have a low pressure kit.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twisted4465 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2004 at 3:12pm

thanks

I own a tippmann A-5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twisted4465 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2004 at 3:29pm

How do i put down the FPS on the gun??? sorry for all the questions i just got the gun of my friend!!!

I own a tippmann A-5
Bonestock98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bonestock98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2004 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by twisted4465 twisted4465 wrote:

How do i put down the FPS on the gun??? sorry for all the questions i just got the gun of my friend!!!

Not trying to flame but just open a new thread for your questions in the new player forum so you will get more responses.

F.A.T.T.S.W.F.A.-Forumers Against Things That Start With "Forumers Against"
JacBacpaintball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacBacpaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2004 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by 98 nitro 98 nitro wrote:

im not flameing but i think the 98 c would kinda dumb and bulky with that bigg thing on the side

o i agree
my setup is
98 custom
double trigger
lapco bigshot 14 in.
12volt revolution

rootsradicals View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rootsradicals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2004 at 10:46pm
almost everything about the a-5 is...well **edited**ty. But hey, thats just my opinion. Without the cyclone, its almost halfway decent.
WWBDD?

Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2004 at 2:35pm
My opinion is that you should learn to spell.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic