Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

cyclone feed system on 98custom

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2004 at 2:51pm

Originally posted by rootsradicals rootsradicals wrote:

almost everything about the a-5 is...well **edited**ty. But hey, thats just my opinion. Without the cyclone, its almost halfway decent.

Why do you say that? What do you think of the 98c then?

oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland

Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey

Me: But only if they're hungary

Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
jeep 98 custom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I can type in Nerd L33T!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeep 98 custom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2004 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by mod98commando mod98commando wrote:

almost everything about the a-5 is...well **edited**ty. But hey, thats just my opinion. Without the cyclone, its almost halfway decent.

He says that cuz he's stuck with his A-5 while the rest of our teams moving up.
"Yes there are two path you can go back, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on"

JacBacpaintball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacBacpaintball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2004 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by jeep 98 custom jeep 98 custom wrote:

Originally posted by mod98commando mod98commando wrote:

almost everything about
the a-5 is...well **edited**ty. But hey, thats just my opinion. Without
the cyclone, its almost halfway decent.

He says that cuz he's stuck with his A-5 while the rest ofour teams moving up.

lol
FLATLINES SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DON'T BE AFRAID OF BALLZ!
my setup is
98 custom
double trigger
lapco bigshot 14 in.
12volt revolution

rootsradicals View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rootsradicals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2004 at 11:17pm
meh...not quite. Yeah a new gun would be awesome...but I have other...."investments" right now. As for the A-5. The A-5 is a P.O.S....unless its vert fed, and not an A-5. E-Grip is only a sear tripper, and breaks twice a day. The Cyclone....I refuse to talk about it. I don't realy care that the rest of the team is movin up to high end guns....cuz they break down everytime we play anyways, cough*SHOCKER*cough....or get pulled for bouncing.

The 98. I don't see many things wrong with it. It probably the most basic gun there is...I'll get back to this or something, I have other crap to get done. 

Edited by rootsradicals
WWBDD?

Juno Trevan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juno Trevan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2004 at 2:28pm
The 98 and the A5 are some of the most durable guns you will ever buy. I shoot a 98C and it has gone through hell and back out on the field. The A5 is a great gun right out of the box. The Automag is another one of those guns that will come right out of the box ready to go.
It is the strong that make the weak.
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2004 at 3:05pm

...The 98. I don't see many things wrong with it. It probably the most basic gun there is...

Well, I don't see how you can call the A5 a POS and then not see many things wrong with the 98c since they are basically the same gun only the A5 has a few extras. I can understand not liking the cyclone but don't say the A5 is a POS because of the cyclone. The gun itself is great, especially compared to the 98c. The cyclone probably could've been built a little better in my opinion but it does get the job done very well when you consider how little it costs. It doesn't require batteries and it's only worth about $30 or $40 which is very good. A revvy can go for up to $70 and only feeds to 13 bps while a cyclone can hit 16 bps. The problem with it is the ratchet which wears down too quick. Mine took a little over a year to wear down, I just got myself a new one a few days ago (free from tippmann with the second update). Even if I had to replace it this often all the time, it only costs a few dollars to buy it and it happens once a year or once in every year and a half which isn't horrible. I think they could've made it last longer but it's still not bad enough to make me hate the gun.

oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland

Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey

Me: But only if they're hungary

Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
jeep 98 custom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I can type in Nerd L33T!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeep 98 custom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2004 at 10:56pm
I kinda hate A-5's after my experience with mine. I had it nearly a year, and it just wasn't a speedball gun. I play back, and shoot a lot of paint. I of course had everything, Freak, E-Grip, LP kit, all the goodies, but it wasn't great. Shooting as much as I do, I was burning through a cyclone basically every 3 or 4 times I played, so I was sending it out to be fixed almost monthly. And the E-Grip is horribly designed. It's the best upgrade for the A-5, when it's working right. It needs fresh batterys, which it then eats through in about a case to a case and a half, and if you buy cheap batteries, it doesn't matter if they're straight outta the package, the stupid thing just won't shoot. It just gave me so much crap I eventually got pissed, sawed the cyclone off, vert fed it, then ditched it for a better gun.

The 98 is definantly better than the A-5. It doesn't have the cyclone, and E-Bolt > E-Grip for sure. I just recently bought another E-Bolted 98 for a backup to my Shocker, cuz it's a cheap good gun. I went from 98 E-Bolt, to A-5 E-Grip, and now back to a 98 E-Bolt.
"Yes there are two path you can go back, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic