Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A-5 cyclone feed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98customfinatic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A-5 cyclone feed
    Posted: 19 December 2004 at 2:14am
i got an idea for the cyclone feed, instead of running the cyclone feed off your air and making the a5 a major gass hog ...why dont they  just run it off a battery... i think that would be way better and save so much more gas
n00bPber16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n00bPber16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2004 at 11:16am

then it just be like any other electric hopper.

HaloMasterALL09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaloMasterALL09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2004 at 12:16pm
yeah good idea.

can u own me?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaloMasterALL09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2004 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by n00bPber16 n00bPber16 wrote:

yeah, but it would already come with the gun and probably a charger fr it too

can u own me?
p8ntblr02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p8ntblr02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2004 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by n00bPber16 n00bPber16 wrote:

and u would have 2 worry about the battery and all of that
Tippmann A5
Flatline
Adjustable Stock
M16 Carry Handle
M16 Mag Kit

Live in south florida and love paintball? talk 2 me if u no any fields
Spartan A-5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spartan A-5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2004 at 1:30pm
its actually a pretty dang good idea, great thinking
A-5
Flatline
swat force red dot         
tapco scope mount
micro cap
next:
ex. chamber
solid stock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n00bPber16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2004 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by HaloMasterALL09 HaloMasterALL09 wrote:

yeah, but it would already come with the gun and probably a charger fr it too

Yea, but what happens when your battery dies in the field cuz you forgot to charge it?  Yes some fields sell 9 volts but theyre like 2 dollars.  Where co2 is like 3 dollars to fill a 20oz(mine).  I mean its a good idea and all(i thought of it when i first got mine) but just think about it for a few.  But then again some people prbly think different then i do.

Ihaveanitch View Drop Down
Guested, language. 5/17

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihaveanitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2004 at 5:38pm
meh im neutral about it, on one hand u don't waste as much co2/hpa on other hand you'll have to worry about wondering how many shots your battery has left, tho if the battery runs out of the game you could always use the pump rod. Well, its a good idea.
98c Dude13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98c Dude13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2004 at 6:27pm
 They really should do that.
TIPPMANN 98 CUSTOM
14" Progressive barrel   
32* Black gel grips
BT-16 Double trigger
Pen Spring Mod
X-core Expansion Chamber
Vertical Adapter
evan51887 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evan51887 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2004 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by Ihaveanitch Ihaveanitch wrote:

meh im neutral about it, on one hand u don't waste as much co2/hpa on other hand you'll have to worry about wondering how many shots your battery has left, tho if the battery runs out of the game you could always use the pump rod. Well, its a good idea.

Except that it doesn't waste any extra gas. It uses the excess (blowback) gas that shoots the paintball to power the cyclone.
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2004 at 8:43pm
The cyclone was designed to run on air so that you wouldn't have to worry about having batteries or getting it wet. All the problems of electronic devices would not be present with a feeder operated by excess gas, hence the cyclone. If you run it on a battery then you defeat the purpose of it. It's only a rumor that the A5 is a gas hog because of the cyclone, it hasn't been proven as far as I know. I get the same efficiency with my A5 as I do with my 98c or at least close enough that I don't see the difference so until I see test results showing the cyclone to be drawing extra gas, I won't believe it.
oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland

Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey

Me: But only if they're hungary

Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
loki_9808 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loki_9808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2004 at 9:14pm
i definately agree that the cyclone feed doenst take any extra air. i was told that it uses the same amount of air as anything else because it DOES use the excess "back" air of the tank. i have gotten the same air efficiency with my a5 just like with my spyder shutter and my other various guns.
"He who lives by the sword shall die by the sword. Indeed, he who lives by the pen, the word processor, and fax machine shall also die by the sword. Only he who lives by the tank shall remain immune."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n00bPber16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2004 at 1:26am

Originally posted by evan51887 evan51887 wrote:

Except that it doesn't waste any extra gas. It uses the excess (blowback) gas that shoots the paintball to power the cyclone.

I didnt know that... I really do learn something new everyday.  Now armed with this point I expertly attack the thought of turning the cyclone in a battery powered hopper.

Ihaveanitch View Drop Down
Guested, language. 5/17

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihaveanitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2004 at 10:48am
yea yall are right, lol u kno its funny i rececently polished my internals and went to a field yesterday, usually I'd go through 2 20 oz to play, now i only use one. Well anyways i think i like the cyclone feed the way it is, somethin less to worry about wit batteries.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaloMasterALL09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2004 at 10:51am

Originally posted by mod98commando mod98commando wrote:

The cyclone was designed to run on air so that you wouldn't have to worry about having batteries or getting it wet. All the problems of electronic devices would not be present with a feeder operated by excess gas, hence the cyclone. If you run it on a battery then you defeat the purpose of it. It's only a rumor that the A5 is a gas hog because of the cyclone, it hasn't been proven as far as I know. I get the same efficiency with my A5 as I do with my 98c or at least close enough that I don't see the difference so until I see test results showing the cyclone to be drawing extra gas, I won't believe it.

it would be a better and easier way

can u own me?
RoboCop View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Aw man, my butt is rusted...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoboCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2004 at 10:59am
You could have the cyclone run of of a 9 gram and have something that when everytime you pull the trigger or have it held down that it relaeses some gas
SilentStealth67 View Drop Down
Shakes Beef

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SilentStealth67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2004 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by RoboCop RoboCop wrote:

You could have the cyclone run of of a 9 gram and have something that when everytime you pull the trigger or have it held down that it relaeses some gas

umm... no

Its Pudding Time Children
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2004 at 2:51pm

Originally posted by HaloMasterALL09 HaloMasterALL09 wrote:

...it would be a better and easier way

Lol, if you say so. With the current design you never have to touch it for it to work, never have to change batteries, and it always spins after each shot. How would making it electronic make it any easier or better?

oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland

Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey

Me: But only if they're hungary

Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
DracoPlasm View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What is a DracoPlasm anyway?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DracoPlasm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2004 at 5:46pm
Id preffer that id rather carry extra batteries on the field with me instead of another co2 tank......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n00bPber16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 December 2004 at 5:57pm
why would you have to carry an extra co2 tank? it doenst use anymore then any other gun.  Read the other posts - uses excess gas. Cmon say it with me - excess.  Meaning doesnt use any more then some other gun.  If you really think so, then get like a expansion chamber or reg or something.

Remember your roots(woodsball)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic