Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

night game

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wood king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: night game
    Posted: 21 December 2004 at 10:07pm
i was thinking for the summer me and my freinds go out in my bush/feilds/mountains of dirt that kinda made trenches and some old broken down cars all over the place and my forts which is all in the same place and play paintball at night untill we run out of co2 and then camp in the bush i was thinking of attacheing flashlights to the end of our barrels with elastics or duct tape do you have any ideas to help us out or to improve our idea

A-5,responce trigger
plasoccri View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Stupid Filter Dodge 5/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plasoccri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2004 at 11:36pm
I've done that before. First, don't use duct tape, it leaves sticky residue, I use eletric tape. Second, get a red, green, or blue lense. Clear works fine but a colored lens makes the light less noticeable. Plus it looks cool.  
You can go far with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun.

noob rymes with boob(noobest responce ever)
98c Dude13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98c Dude13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 12:40am
 I wouldn't use a flashlight, it gives you away, I would use stealth and moonlight to find other players.
TIPPMANN 98 CUSTOM
14" Progressive barrel   
32* Black gel grips
BT-16 Double trigger
Pen Spring Mod
X-core Expansion Chamber
Vertical Adapter
loki_9808 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loki_9808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 9:54am
flashlights can be fun though...just play with tactics and learn when to use the the light and when not to use it.
"He who lives by the sword shall die by the sword. Indeed, he who lives by the pen, the word processor, and fax machine shall also die by the sword. Only he who lives by the tank shall remain immune."
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 11:17am
I wouldnt use flashlights in a game of woodsball at night PERIOD, you would jus be lettin the other team know exactly where you are....try investing in some night vision goggles, plus wit nightvision goggles you would be able to see whats really in front of you before you take that ungodly plunge into what could be a ditch or an enbankment or some kind of woodland creature...like a snake!

Edited by evil_fingers
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
Blackbetty View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Crack is teh Illegal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blackbetty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 11:55am

night vision is all good if u can afford it.

and even though plasccor doesnt seam to realise his own wisdom, red is the best if u are going to use a flashlight because it doent damage you natural nightvision as much as others do once u have turned it off. i know this from my first in command when we were out on exersice and i got a bollocking for having a clear one. get red. but otherwise eat carrots an listen carefully like the cold blooded killer u are muhhhahahaha

ps, k that was a bit random but yes, good idea

Buy a corvette and show the world that you know absolutely nothing about cars.
The new VW convertible beatle..... now you can actaully hear people call u and idiot.
wood king View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wood king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 9:28pm
thanks for the sugestons i think night vision would be cool but im short the cash

A-5,responce trigger
plasoccri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plasoccri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2004 at 3:37am

I actually saw a night scope for $75 the other day! Simple Gen 1 starlight. Which basically means that all you'll see are greenish silloetts of people and objects. Money is deffinately a must for nightscopes. I've played with a few that were really good (only... $7500) and had a blast. But ya, muco expensive.

As Blackbetty said, if you do use a light, get a red lense. I did know that red has the least damage on your natural night vision but any of the three colors I mentioned are better than clear, with red being the best in my opinion. I probably should have said that. Sorry. We'll just blame sleep deprivation. I useally post at about 1:00 or 2:00 in the morning.

evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2004 at 11:11am
Only $7500.00 huh....sounds like a rich kid
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
SpecklesJ24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecklesJ24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2004 at 4:57pm
i found it best to play predator/prey at night, with the people hunting having lots of flashlights that are really bright and the hunted run around shooting/pissing off the hunters. its pretty fun though if youre hunting the people you stick out more than a lot. but like everyone said. red lens is the best.
Pain is weakness leaving the body.

semper fi.

Young Marines
-Master Gunnery Sgt.
Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Took down Mike Tyson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2004 at 6:19pm
If you arent going to use flashlights, use a green tinted lense if you can.  Even if you are using flashlights, use a green lense still.  
The desire for polyester is just to powerful.
wood king View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wood king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2004 at 7:53pm
thanks but why is red the least one that impars your vision

A-5,responce trigger
plasoccri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plasoccri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2004 at 8:27pm

Originally posted by evil_fingers evil_fingers wrote:

Only $7500.00 huh....sounds like a rich kid

Ha! I wish I was rich. My dad is good friends with this guy that makes night scopes. He let me borrow one to test out.

to Wood King... Not sure why red impares your vision the least. Thats just how it works. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic