Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

sheilds

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wood king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: sheilds
    Posted: 21 December 2004 at 10:16pm
i made a sheild out of some sort of scrap metle and a old belt i cut 2 slots in the sheild for the belt it actuly looks like a swat sheild and i shot it and it dident even leave a sratch and it is extremly light i was actuly amazed by my find in a pile of scrap i was wondering what your opinion is on sheilds in woods ball

A-5,responce trigger
plasoccri View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Stupid Filter Dodge 5/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plasoccri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2004 at 11:31pm
Sounds interesting. I might have to try it sometime, probably good for raiding a bunker.
You can go far with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun.

noob rymes with boob(noobest responce ever)
98c Dude13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98c Dude13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 12:42am
 My friend did that. Except without a belt and in the middle of a game. He ran up to a bunker and it fell over and he picked it up ran backwards with it.
TIPPMANN 98 CUSTOM
14" Progressive barrel   
32* Black gel grips
BT-16 Double trigger
Pen Spring Mod
X-core Expansion Chamber
Vertical Adapter
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 7:58am
What opinion? If your carrying an object, its considered gear. When it takes a hit, your out.

Unless your playing outlaw with some friends and are making up your own rules anyway.
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 11:13am

Using shields is pretty much useless...its like using body armor....if you cant take the hits from the balls, then dont play at all and the only ones who would be able to use a shield would be a "referee".

And if you really want to use a shield, do a SWAT or police scenario.

Do not steal....the government hates competition!
Pooner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 9:32pm

ya i think a shield would defeat the true purpose of paintballing......

HUGE ASS WELTS

CHECK IT OUT!! IM ON TEAM SKEET!!

www.teamskeet.20megsfree.com

Were in Sioux Falls and Yankton South Dakota.
wood king View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wood king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 9:38pm
i can take hits but i just thought it would be cool for our scenario games id just use it running across open feilds or it would be handy if you want to kinda make a small wall for a bunker where no one knows that theres a bunker there and in our games there arent any specific rules before each game we make the rules for that game

A-5,responce trigger
eaglesin05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eaglesin05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2004 at 10:15pm
It would be interesting to try, but if everyone had one it would kinda suck
98c Dude13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98c Dude13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2004 at 12:31am
shoot them in the foot.
TIPPMANN 98 CUSTOM
14" Progressive barrel   
32* Black gel grips
BT-16 Double trigger
Pen Spring Mod
X-core Expansion Chamber
Vertical Adapter
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2004 at 11:16am

Eh....you might as well throw rocks at each other, if everyone decides on using a shield.

razer1424 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razer1424 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2004 at 3:13pm
or when you play rabbit hunt when there 1 person against everyone else
and the rabbit gets a shield with lots of paint and the others are limeted
to 30 balls
rkerr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rkerr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2004 at 3:56pm
If your hiding behind your sheild, you'll be flanked way easyer
wood king View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wood king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2004 at 7:59pm
ya i gues but i think it would be handy to have around and you could add on to bunkers and like i said it would be even more handy for running across open areas and when you dive you could use it to protect your self from any debre in the bush like rocks and stuff

A-5,responce trigger
Nukular War View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nukular War Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 December 2004 at 11:40pm
That would be a great idea if your playin your own rules but if you really wanted to get past a sheild throw a paint grenade like beside our under the carrier
98 Custom
Adjustable sling
Collapsible Stock
Red Dot Sight
14" Tear Drop Barrel
Remote line
response trigger
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2004 at 11:26am
So have you tried this shield in a regulated woodsball field and if you havent, go try and I can tell you right now....they wont allow you to use it.
Juno Trevan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Juno Trevan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2004 at 4:11pm
If he tried at my field I'd tell him to go ahead and use it all he wants...... but the second a ball breaks on it he's out.

It is pointless in that situation, but if you are making up your own rules, then go for it. Sounds like fun. I suggest something like plexiglass or lexan though, because then you can see through it.
It is the strong that make the weak.
StoneHurler View Drop Down
1 language strike, 10/30

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StoneHurler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2004 at 8:41pm

i made one just like the swat guys. 

I'll see you before you see me.

<I had a moronic quote in my sig>
night-crawler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote night-crawler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 December 2004 at 8:52am
if you are just wanting to add some variety to the game then get something light and put a handle on it  metal type with at lest 4 screw holes  bepending on material an amount of abuse is what mounting method you will use.  think of the pros and cons before gameplay
HaloMasterALL09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaloMasterALL09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2004 at 12:19pm

Originally posted by Enos Shenk Enos Shenk wrote:

What opinion? If your carrying an object, its considered gear. When it takes a hit, your out.

Unless your playing outlaw with some friends and are making up your own rules anyway.

lol, it funny cause hes right.

can u own me?
seargeantjim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seargeantjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2004 at 1:34pm

Originally posted by Juno Trevan Juno Trevan wrote:

If he tried at my field I'd tell him to go ahead and use it all he wants...... but the second a ball breaks on it he's out.

It is pointless in that situation, but if you are making up your own rules, then go for it. Sounds like fun. I suggest something like plexiglass or lexan though, because then you can see through it.

Plexiglass did not work for my friends who were doing a SWAT scenario, where it hit, it went through and sent debris of the plexiglass at the person holding it(thank god for masks and gloves).

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic