Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

winter paint storage

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Guested. Middle Finger post.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: winter paint storage
    Posted: 23 December 2004 at 7:37pm
i just thought of this tonite bcuz i have a bag and a half of paintballs in my case that are out of the bag, just paint in a box. i wont b using these balls for probly the whole winter so i figured well ther gonna get soft if i leave em that long so i grabbed a big ziplock freezer bag and stuffed them in there, and ther u have it u didnt waste any paint.
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2004 at 1:57am
Oookk theeen . . . .

Edited by Darur
Real Men play Tuba

[IMG]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1859/newsmall6xz.jpg">

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!

DONT CLICK ME!!1
Vassili Zaitzev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vassili Zaitzev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2004 at 2:09am
are u giving us advice orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.................. ???
Tippmann A-5
32* Car Stock
32* Remote Line
Tippmann Flatline
ADCO 30mm Red Dot Sight
Harris folding L-Bipod
Ghillie Suit
One Shot... One Kill!
A5 dude15 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested Pottymouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5 dude15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2004 at 4:32am
wow....nice paintball IDEA , plz note the sarcasm
bluemunky42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2004 at 8:08am
what the hell is all ur damn ppls problems im tryin 2 help out sum ppl who want store there paint, in case u dumbasses havent noticed it will get mushy n soft over a period of time! this is paintball ideas is it not?! to improve paintball?! if u dont have sumthing good 2 say then shut ur mouth!
eaglesin05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eaglesin05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2004 at 9:17am
I'm new to the sport and I have balls that aren't in a bag. I didn't know they'd get soft. Thanks a lot for your advise

sam
Camo'd 98C
Remote
Polished internals
Dbl trigger
14" J&J Ceramic Barrel
Rocket Cock 2
Trigger Slop Mod
12V Revvy
03' Dye stikies
R/T
Drop Forward
Keithypoo View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Idiotic flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keithypoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2004 at 1:35am
You can't put paintballs in the freezer.  The moisture will mess them up and they will become all distorted.  Your best bet is to put them in 2 zip lock bags and suck the air out with a vacuum and then seal it.  Then find a nice relatively cool, dry place to store them in.  And yes they must be in air tight bags or they will become very soft due to the moisture in the air. 
dont do drugs.
eaglesin05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eaglesin05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 December 2004 at 8:47am
Not the freezer the freezer zip lock bags
Camo'd 98C
Remote
Polished internals
Dbl trigger
14" J&J Ceramic Barrel
Rocket Cock 2
Trigger Slop Mod
12V Revvy
03' Dye stikies
R/T
Drop Forward
GWAR6688 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GWAR6688 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2005 at 5:36pm
exelent, what an amazing discovery
98custom
r/t
double trig
14" extreme rage barrel

revy w/xboard
lester98c View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
i wish my title was "different"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lester98c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2005 at 7:00pm

will that vacume out the air thing still work if the bags still sealed from when i bought it?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2005 at 7:12pm
what?^

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2005 at 2:01pm
ha, i just reread this and i laughed loudly at how well i pwnt those three^ hehehe
LordJovian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordJovian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2005 at 9:25pm

Most zip lock bags, and especially the bags paint is shipped in, are not air tight. Air is actually entering and leaving those bags, but at a slow rate. A true vaccuumed bag will act more like a panel than a bag- the portion of the bag not wrapped around something basically become almost perfectly joined at a molecular level, making it one solid piece. The heat from the air being vacuumed out also helps bond the plastic, which is why lower-heat plastics are used instead of tough plastic that forms the A-5's grips and whatnot. It is the reason why when you cut a corner off a true vacuumed sealed bag, it does nothing. The goal, however, is that the object being stored also undergoes the same feat. Meat seals well due to it's flat shape. Paintballs, however, will leave pockets of air between the round balls and affect the true vacuum's ability. Sure, it will seal it better than a zip lock bag, but still not as perfect as it would with anything else.

All you really would need is silica gel packets and a moisture-absorbent powder, then an "air-sealed" bag such as a zip-lock bag. The silica gel will make sure the balls don't rot (oxygen absorbent- bacteria eating the shells need O2 to breath, this takes it away). The moisture absorbent powder is obvious, to readily absorb moisture from the air (low absorbency- things like salt would dry the paintball shells and make then brittle). And an air seal to ensure they are the same, if not better, than when you stored them.

Of course, this is utterly useless. You'll waste so much time storing them (unless you have A LOT of left over paint) that it would be cheaper and easier to blast the remnants of them out on your last day of play. Or empty them at at your house, SAFELY!

Edited by LordJovian
A-5
E-grip
Chipley Custom Carbon Graphite 16"
Evil Adapter(Spyder)
32 Deg New '03 XChamber
Remote Line
Gun Sling
Sniper f/x Stock
LPK
68/4500 HPA
R-5
CP Reg
JCS Duel Trigger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 1:02am
wow...lots of information lol
The JP View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The JP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2005 at 5:46pm
when u do that your paintball gets all crapy and the presure in the freezer makes the ball cave in(does not break but u cant use it)
$$$$Cash Money$$$$
The JP View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The JP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2005 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by LordJovian LordJovian wrote:

Most zip lock bags, and especially the bags paint is shipped in, are not air tight. Air is actually entering and leaving those bags, but at a slow rate. A true vaccuumed bag will act more like a panel than a bag- the portion of the bag not wrapped around something basically become almost perfectly joined at a molecular level, making it one solid piece. The heat from the air being vacuumed out also helps bond the plastic, which is why lower-heat plastics are used instead of tough plastic that forms the A-5's grips and whatnot. It is the reason why when you cut a corner off a true vacuumed sealed bag, it does nothing. The goal, however, is that the object being stored also undergoes the same feat. Meat seals well due to it's flat shape. Paintballs, however, will leave pockets of air between the round balls and affect the true vacuum's ability. Sure, it will seal it better than a zip lock bag, but still not as perfect as it would with anything else.

All you really would need is silica gel packets and a moisture-absorbent powder, then an "air-sealed" bag such as a zip-lock bag. The silica gel will make sure the balls don't rot (oxygen absorbent- bacteria eating the shells need O2 to breath, this takes it away). The moisture absorbent powder is obvious, to readily absorb moisture from the air (low absorbency- things like salt would dry the paintball shells and make then brittle). And an air seal to ensure they are the same, if not better, than when you stored them.

Of course, this is utterly useless. You'll waste so much time storing them (unless you have A LOT of left over paint) that it would be cheaper and easier to blast the remnants of them out on your last day of play. Or empty them at at your house, SAFELY!

the reason why the bags are filled up with air is because as u change altitudes or hieghts the bag tends to fill up with alot of crap
$$$$Cash Money$$$$

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2005 at 3:26am
no no read the post, eh? you don't put your paint in the freezer, you put it in the big ziplock bags called 'freezer bags'. and let this thread die, it was started like 3 months ago i just wanted to see it after a while and laughed heartily and myself yelling at the three people who thought i was being a 'tard.
-edit- hell, i started this last year! let it die, for christ's sake!

Edited by bluemunky42
LordJovian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordJovian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2005 at 2:04pm
The JP, what are you talking about? The only thing that changes via altitude is the air pressure. When you create a bag devoid of air it's hard for the internal air pressure to change. The only thing that would happen is the external pressure would change by being reduced. And crap doesn't fly around in the air, unless an eagle flew over head and landed a nice shot on your paint, which would be stored hopefully in some sort of structural element (house, trailer, ANYTHING). Do you have to make up something to disagree with every post?
A-5
E-grip
Chipley Custom Carbon Graphite 16"
Evil Adapter(Spyder)
32 Deg New '03 XChamber
Remote Line
Gun Sling
Sniper f/x Stock
LPK
68/4500 HPA
R-5
CP Reg
JCS Duel Trigger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2005 at 2:29pm
pwn3d!
The JP View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The JP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 4:19pm

yes

$$$$Cash Money$$$$
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic