cyclone not working plzzzzz help

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Hella Cool View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Screw you guys, I’m going home

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hella Cool Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2004 at 4:15am
Originally posted by LordJovian LordJovian wrote:

Yes, oil it. Be careful though- in cold weather the oil thickens and can cause feeding problems/ excessive wear. Lithium grease also works well.

I read on the A-5 Owners Group Forum that you shouldn't oil the ratchet because it blows up the world or something.
A5 dude15 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested Pottymouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5 dude15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2004 at 12:01am
^ does anyone know if those holes are supposed to be there?
A5 dude15 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested Pottymouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5 dude15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2004 at 7:37pm

^ i did everything there.  it still doesnt work. but, i did notice something that i wasnt sure should have been that way.  i noticed, looking at it from the top where u could see the balls, that there were two small holes where two of the screws that enter the bottom plate from the bottom were, and when i shot with no hopper on while looking at the cyclone, it wasnt spinning and gas was coming out of the holes from the bottom enclosed part of the system.  i dont think these holes should be there but, i may be wrong.

will i end up having to buy a new cyclone feed system????????????

A5 dude15 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested Pottymouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5 dude15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2004 at 6:09pm

^ ok ill try

thanks

LordJovian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordJovian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2004 at 1:45pm

Yes, oil it. Be careful though- in cold weather the oil thickens and can cause feeding problems/ excessive wear. Lithium grease also works well.

To oil the ratchet, you have to remove the bottom plate of the cyclone. Take the four bottom screws out. Use a small screwdriver to lift the plate up a hair or two, and HOLD the plunger tube (where the manual pump rod is) while lifting the plate off. If you don't hold the tube, it'll make the plastic spacer come loose and potentially shoot a metal rod across the room. After the plate is off, you oil where the big clear thing (ratchet) meets the spindle (plastic gear shaped thing). You may also want to oil the bottom plate where the little nub is. Also, put a drop of oil into the plunger tube. You can "shortcut oil" the cyclone plunger by putting oil in the ASA (remove the barrel or you'll have to clean it real good) and firing the gun 20 or so times (with air connected, of course).

A-5
E-grip
Chipley Custom Carbon Graphite 16"
Evil Adapter(Spyder)
32 Deg New '03 XChamber
Remote Line
Gun Sling
Sniper f/x Stock
LPK
68/4500 HPA
R-5
CP Reg
JCS Duel Trigger
Smokey_The_Bear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokey_The_Bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2004 at 12:42pm
anyway to avoid this wearing of the ratchet? Oil it? And how?
LordJovian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordJovian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2004 at 8:26am

Your CO2 wasn't expanding when you were shooting fast. You gun will be fine, just make sure to clean it so rust doesn't mix with the oil and rust the drive spring.

You may have also begun to wear down the ratchet. Open up your Cyclone and take a look.

A-5
E-grip
Chipley Custom Carbon Graphite 16"
Evil Adapter(Spyder)
32 Deg New '03 XChamber
Remote Line
Gun Sling
Sniper f/x Stock
LPK
68/4500 HPA
R-5
CP Reg
JCS Duel Trigger
A5 dude15 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested Pottymouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5 dude15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2004 at 10:55pm
^ i had over 300 shots left, and half of them were wasted on firing blanks cus i was pissed off. i got my nitro tank today, along with a flatline, i have to fill it up and then ill see how it goes.  but what if that dont solve the problem? then what could it be?  ^ oh yeah, it was also 60 degrees out.
dirtycanadian89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dirtycanadian89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2004 at 10:46pm
maybe the co2, could be low air it does that to me too on low air i hate it, but it could be cold affects ur air just make sure u use ur nitro tank and keep it over 800 psi on the reg on tank so it doesnt do that
A-5
Pure energy 88/4500 nitro
Smart parts all american 16 inch
Dead ON RVA
Dbl trig
MALE PALMER STABILIZER
Bob long mini gauge
pure energy and dye stickers
3x scope for woods
A5 dude15 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested Pottymouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5 dude15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2004 at 10:41pm
ok well when i was playin yesterday, everything was all good until i just all of a sudden started shooting blanks no matter how much i shot with a half full hopper.  i took off the hopper and i would shoot the gun while looking at the cyclone feed system and could obviously tell that it wasnt spinning when i shot, aaaand, whenever this problem occured, one ball was always in the cyclone, it was one cycle past where the balls are fed into the chamber. this seemed to be happening at high rates of fire.(I have the egrip).  i would take off the hopper and manually spin the cyclone by pushing the thing on the side until that one ball was fed, then stick the hopper back on and it would shoot fine until about 30-40 shots and it woul do the exact same thing again.  i know that the cyclone feed system is powered by the gas yur using, and im using C02.  could ice or liquid C02 have gotten inside the gun and messed it up? could the gasline leading to the cyclone have been clogged up by ice or sumthing like that?  plz help, the gun is useless with this problem.  and it sucks when you have a perfect shot on someone and u start to shoot and nothing comes out; and the guy would obviously no where you are now and fire at you while you have no defense.  this really sucks, plz help
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic