Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Upcoming Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

D-Day Oklamhoma Roll Call

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thenegotiator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2005 at 7:15am

Originally posted by madpaintballer madpaintballer wrote:

What are considered "specialized units" Commonwealth sounds interesting. I have 3 people that might be joining up with me.

The main D-day scenario has its own specialized units such as rangers, and snipers.  However, General Blakely and I, including several other commanders, have devised an internal structure whereas we will have several units of our own type of special forces to be used in operations.

An example, FST (fire supression team), mainly speed ballers, looking to unload vast amounts of paint to allow our forces to attack or retreat.  Our snipers may be considered RECON, sent ahead to scout out enemy positions. 

We will have a larger force this year, which will be lead by experienced officers and other scenario players.  Everything will be structured so that we can function better than most.

Hope to see ya their.  Look for the canadian flag, that will be our site.

thenegotiator View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thenegotiator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2005 at 7:19am

Originally posted by GunSamurai GunSamurai wrote:

I read at the sight that special units have to run the obstical course in order to be accepted or something? but the obstecal course page at the sight wont function, whats it like?

Also Im 17 and my parents said I could go by myself if I wanted but I thought that u must be 18 to go byurself bcuz of the waver. Is that true or can they do the waver through the mail or something?

If i am not mistaken you will need an adult to certify your waiver.  Usually, a family member, or other accompanying adult.  When you prereg feel free to follow up with a phone call they will answer any concerns about this matter.

If you arrive on your own, you are welcome to camp next to us. 

Have Fun

GunSamurai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GunSamurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2005 at 5:33pm
hey i checked the site and i have another question, The game lasts for 24hrs or something right? Well where do you eat and sleep? not on the field with paint flying around you I hope?
So, What button draws my gun?
Oh we dont get guns, were ninjas, we get "zappers"
Wtfs a zapper? Why did we choose ninjas if we dont get guns?
Because everyones afraid of ninjas, even black people.
madpaintballer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madpaintballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2005 at 6:18pm
Its not 24 hours straight. You will play from the morning til sometime into the night then stop and go to your campsite and continue the next day.
"Killing is my business...and business is good."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thenegotiator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2005 at 7:22am

Originally posted by GunSamurai GunSamurai wrote:

hey i checked the site and i have another question, The game lasts for 24hrs or something right? Well where do you eat and sleep? not on the field with paint flying around you I hope?

Sometimes it feels more like 48hours.

Madpaintballer is right.  The siren sounds at amount 5am to marshal the players.  It will take about three hours to chrono, air fill, and basically get ready to load into the trucks.  Moving the troops into the field takes another hour or so.  Last year the game started when the last trucks rolled onto the field about 9am. 

The game continues till about 4pm.  then their is a break and the night game commences at about 8pm.  The night game last about 4 hours or until the objective is completed.  The night game is fun, but at the same time dangerous, as many players will be crawling around and shooting pointblank while pyrotechnics flash above. 

The next day, the game begins again about 9am, and ends at about 12noon.  Then a rally and everyone goes home.

Just like going to a concert.  When you have over 3000 players with family, totalling nearly 10000 people, it takes about two hours or more to leave the field. 

All in all, you are playing about 16 total hours, given the terrain, lots of hill climbing, it will feel you have been working at it for about 48hours. 

Have Fun.  And see you their.

madpaintballer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madpaintballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2005 at 3:58pm
Well due to graduation, I wont be leaving from indiana til june 6. Depending on how we get there I may only be there for the 2 days of the actual game. I have decided just to join the infantry division since i cant be there early to go over plans with any special units.

How is everyone getting there? Driving, flying, bus, train? Just interested in knowing.
"Killing is my business...and business is good."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thenegotiator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2005 at 5:43pm

For my self and my crew, we will be driving down from windsor, Ontario.

Its is a long drive, but worth it!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thenegotiator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2005 at 5:29pm

Posting to remind everyone about D-day

Pre Reg if you are going, you can save some money this way.

Any questions feel free to post.

whitney1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitney1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2005 at 6:22pm

We have a group from StrategicPaintball.com signed up under the 82nd Airborne.

Pre-reg soon, i hear their getting close to closing the ranks.

maroon out View Drop Down
Not "moron" - Geez!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maroon out Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2005 at 5:54pm
I'll be there, but not to play. I'll be helping work the air room the 9th through the 11th.

Hope to see you guys there!
Watch your thoughts they become words
Watch your words they become actions
Watch your actions they become habits
Watch your habits they become character
Watch your character it becomes your destin
Thompsonshooter View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
If I build it... you will drool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thompsonshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2005 at 8:23pm
I'll be there.

Going in with the 101st.

Eric Engler
President
www.englerpaintballguns.com
Saviourforce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saviourforce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2005 at 10:33pm
Aye. Hope this isn't too late. I'll be at D-Day defending Firebase Alpha.
sheriffhuck511 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sheriffhuck511 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2005 at 10:12pm
Man I really wanna go, it would be worth the drive from Georgia but I will be at Fort Lewis then. Oh well maybe I can make it next year. That just kinda sucks.

By the way I was looking at the website and Im totally siked on the way they have it organized and you have to train to be in special units (just like real life 'cept a little shorter of course). What is the Ranger obstacle course and sniper school like? Im just curious and would like a little info on it.

Huck
My set up:
98c with flatline, x-chamber, e-bolt, car stock, remote, Crossfire .68/4500, and Empire Reloader B
"I'm gonna barbecue you in molasses!" - Sheriff Buford T. Justice
hunter61533 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter61533 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2005 at 9:14pm

i might go with 2 or 3 friends, but im not sure yet, if i can get off work, i got a few questions i  wonder if u can answer

1. do you have register before the game to decided what team u want on? or can u just show up and be on a team that is unfilled,

2. i read on the website that they actually take breaks during the game, how long are the breaks, i think that is kind of stupid that they do.

i cant think of any more q's atm

RabbidWeazle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RabbidWeazle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2005 at 7:27am
Where did you get guns like the A-5 looking like a mounted machine gun and the AK looking gun???
cowboy423 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowboy423 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2005 at 6:56pm

ok heres the deal i want to go and ive never been i dont know wut unit to be in i am a very agressive person,not afirad to take hits, and will gladly do nething im supposed to i live in oklahoma but right now all i have is a a-5 stock im thinking about puting a new barrel on b4 the comp ive nevr played a drawn out game like this just backyard i need to know wut unit is best for me ty

oh and ps i was told there were prizes on the site wut r they

select View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote select Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2005 at 11:37pm
Well, I was gonna go to skirmish D-day but its cutting to close to jamboree in the hills, so ima try to go to this one, id like to know are gernades useful in this game, and can you run with the big boy gernades with out them busting on you.  Also whats the story on the smoke bombs? rules and regs? I done read tehre website and how much are they normally.
whitney1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitney1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2005 at 9:54am

To answer cowboy and hunter, if you want to go, you should pre-reg. They have a limit of 4000 players, if you show up after they meet that, you won't get to play. As of 4/11, the following units are completely full: 82nd Airborne, 101st Airborne, German Atlantic Wall. I was lucky enough to be appointed as a 1st Sergeant in Fox Company, 82nd Airborne.

Cowboy, if you're not afraid to take hits and be aggresive, sign up with the 1st div. You will take many hits there. I've never been there myself, but to hear the way others describe it, it's like walking into a wall of paint for the first few minutes.

Hunter, the breaks are there so they can reset the field for different segments of the game. The dinner break is to get everyone off the field so they can setup missions and re-chrono for the night portion of the game.

And Weazle, if you are referring to Thompsonshooter about the guns, they are his own. He makes and sells custom paintball guns. I especially love the .50 cal. It's a monster to play with.

select View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote select Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2005 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by whitney1 whitney1 wrote:

To answer cowboy and hunter, if you want to go, you should pre-reg. They have a limit of 4000 players, if you show up after they meet that, you won't get to play. As of 4/11, the following units are completely full: 82nd Airborne, 101st Airborne, German Atlantic Wall. I was lucky enough to be appointed as a 1st Sergeant in Fox Company, 82nd Airborne.

Cowboy, if you're not afraid to take hits and be aggresive, sign up with the 1st div. You will take many hits there. I've never been there myself, but to hear the way others describe it, it's like walking into a wall of paint for the first few minutes.

Hunter, the breaks are there so they can reset the field for different segments of the game. The dinner break is to get everyone off the field so they can setup missions and re-chrono for the night portion of the game.

And Weazle, if you are referring to Thompsonshooter about the guns, they are his own. He makes and sells custom paintball guns. I especially love the .50 cal. It's a monster to play with.

How many hits are we talking?  Id like to storm the beach ( do they really storm a beach? ) I don't mind getting shot, besides the more welts, the more of em you can show your friends :D
Thompsonshooter View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
If I build it... you will drool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thompsonshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2005 at 12:53pm
I still need some NCOs in 101st airborne Alpha company 3rd platoon.

Whitney1 I don't suppose I can change your mind :-)

Eric Engler
President
www.englerpaintballguns.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic